Home

United We Stand

"Yeah, you're right. Back to the temple, or somewhere else?" He said as he did a backflip over the bonnet, using the force to help him land flawlessly in the cockpit.

"You choose" He said, as started revving up the engines, their noise echoing through the empty, quiet plaza.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bail looked strangely at Jaq, his expression was in the form of questioning.

"Whats wrong? Is there something on my face, or something?"

This Jedi didn't act like any of the others Jaq had encountered. But he wondered whether Bail was sensing Jaq's touch of the force. He didn't want to think about it...

It was almost completely dark by the time their speeder reached the temple, although the darkness had little effect on the traffic, or the atmosphere.

Vynn set the speeder down in the temple garage, after an argument with the garage administrator.

"I think we'd best get out of here before he finds out its stolen. When he does, he's likely to blow a gasket" Vynn then proceeded to leave the garage at a hurried pace, but not fast enough to arouse suspicion, all the way to the elevator that would take them to the main areas of the temple.

"That was fun. I forgot how refreshing it was to be around civilised company" He said as the elevator slowed to a halt. He walked from the door, and started to try and find his quarters.

"Whats wrong? Is there something on my face, or something?"

"There's nothing wrong and there is nothing on your face..." Bail smiled. "I think I know something about you, that you also know, and I think you know what I think I know about you. But either way, that's not something wrong, nor is it important if you don't want it to be." Bail took one of Jaq's blasters "May I borrow this?" and walked to the room again and shoot the Dark Jedi who was alive, and then returned the blaster to Jaq. "Thanks! I see no reason why I should let him suffer to death..."

Jaq was suprised that this Jedi who stood before him finished off the fallen dark Jedi. He handed Jaq his blaster back. "That didn't seem necasary..." he thought.

"Uh... your welcome... I guess..." he spoke in all of confusion. "What kind of a Jedi are you?"

"Well to begin with, I'm no Jedi. I used to be thou...but that was before the Mandalorian Wars. I didn't join Revan nor went back to the Jedi, but that's another story. I've been traveling a lot, but I've also studied the teaching of the Jedi Weapon Master, so I never left the Jedi life completely..." Bail paused and studied the Mandalorian, unknowing whether or not he really cared.

"But a life without being a Jedi, means you don't have to follow the Jedi code...even if they are good guidelines. And I don't have to be afraid of falling to the Dark Side, which makes you able to do whatever you want. Good and bad are made with same actions as a regular person. I've always followed what I think is right, and for instance killing and fighting evil people, such as those two dark jedis over there..." he pointed in their direction "...I believe is the right thing to do. I...I...I'm not making much sense am I? Ah well my point is...I'm just an ex-Jedi who follows my own values and my heart. I hope that answer your question anyway..."

They left the speeder behind in the temple's garage, and went their seperate ways as they entered the temple. Zarena slowed down and look around the entranceway. She still wasn't used to it, this quiet, seeming to shut out the noise of the outside world so that she couldn't hear it even if she tried.

At the moment, however, she wasn't quite sure if she was ready to retire. I suppose I'm their guest. Even if I'm not Jedi, that gives me a right to stick my nose into things.

So she wandered along the corridors, making her way towards one of the temple's gardens. She walked with her head tipped up, exuding her unique kind of arrogance, and let her eyes flit rhythmatically from left to right, glancing at each of the Jedi she passed as she walked.

She stepped out into the garden, a garden she assumed was meant to contribute to the calm of the place. There was a pond not far from the entrance, which she approached and knelt beside. This place definitely gives me the creeps. The quiet, the big echoing halls, the weird greenhouses...

And so for the moment, Zarena stared into the pond, at the reflection which looked back at her with a half-hearted smile.

Vynn walked down the corridors leading away from the landing bay. He looked behind himself. Zarena was walking the other way. He stopped and looked at her for a moment, his eyes drawn to her vibrantly coloured hair, almost as bright as the speeder they had ridden in moments earlier.

He turned and kept walking, trying to get his bearings, and find his quarters for a good spell in the fresher, and then some sleep. He noticed two people, Jedi, he assumed, walking in the same corridor, in the opposite direction. As they passed him, he stopped one of them.

"Is this the right way to guest's quarters?" He said, as he looked at the pair. The one he'd pulled aside, a young woman, no more than 20, was wearing dark robes, and had a severe look on her face. Her male companion didn't look much better.

"Get your hands off of me, Scum" Vynn didn't like that tone.

"I only asked a question, sister" He replied, annoyed at being insulted.

He noticed her companion lower his hand towards the lightsaber hanging at his belt, and could feel the woman doing the same. Within seconds, before the male could unhook his saber, Vynn's pistol was at his face.

"Better not, kid" He smiled, as he noticed the woman beginning to do the same. He stopped her with a knee to the abdomen, causing her to buckle and fall on the floor.

"Now," he said, to the male, who was still standing, and a little shocked. "Where are the guest rooms?"

"Three floors up, a droid will help you there" He said, as he knelt down to help his friend.

He backed out of the corridor, keeping a blaster on the pair, until he rounded the corner.

'Kriffing Sith' he thought, as found another elevator.

As William woke up to greet the last day before going on the mission, he learned that mornings were annoying. Sure it was nice to see the animals and stare at the clouds, but when inside, he prefered it dark.

After taking a quick trip to the refresher, he put on his standard black suit and lightsabers, with his knives wrapped around his waist and left thigh. He then exited his quarters before decideing to observe the Sith and Jedi at practice.

Jaq was leaning against the wall when he saw William walk out of his quarters.

"Rise 'n shine, boy!" he greeted, then walked with him. "I'm starting to wonder if keeping both Jedi and dark Jedi here is a good idea. I notice they don't exactly... well... get along perfectly here."

Vynn could have slept for another hour if a protocol droid hadn't burst in, opening the shade that was over the window.

"Good morning, sir!" The droid chirped blithely, as Vynn got up, swearing at the interruption.

"Do you mind?" Vynn said, pulling his flight suit on, and reaching for his gunbelt.

"Oh, not at all, Sir! It's my job to make you comfortable" the droid obviously didn't get the point. Vynn dismissed the notion of breaking it - he didn't want to pay for any damage. He pulled his lightsaber from across the room, and left.

He walked down the corridor, to see two figures conversing outside a room. One wearing Mandalorian battle armor, and another all in black.

"I'm starting to wonder if keeping both Jedi and dark Jedi here is a good idea. I notice they don't exactly... well... get along perfectly here."

"Morning, Ladies" He said, as he stopped in front of them. He thought about what they were saying.

"Yeah, who's idea was that? The two sides aren't known for being on good terms. And besides, I don't like teaching little Sith Princesses good manners"

"It was a decision made by the Republic and Jedi Order which the Sith accepted," answered William. "They might not be on good terms, but they do realize that if they don't at least tolerate each other's presence, all of us will fall."

"Besides," shrugged William. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Once she had bored of the pond, Zarena had retired to the quarters the Jedi had set out for her.

After only a few hours of sleep, she drearily became aware of her own awakeness, and decided to drag herself out of bed, as she would be getting no more sleep while the sun was shining. She threw on her clothes and shoes and headed for the door, booting it open as she used her hands to twist her hair up into a bun.

She rubbed her eyes and looked up and down the corridors, noting the congregation towards the top of the hall. She wandered in their direction, with the intention of strolling past and finding wherever it was the Jedi ate. I think I need a map.

Kevak Phobos had finally arrived at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He had been delayed by a day due to some personal buisness. Kevak was looking for William Graff. Graff had contacted him upon hearing of him leaving the True Sith. Kevak remembered what Graff looked like from the message, now all he had to do was find him. As he walked down the hall he felt everyones' eyes staring at him. He shrugged the feeling off and continued walking. He saw Sith, Jedi, and even a couple Mandalorians. He spotted some Jedi and Sith sparring and decided to watch for a bit. He noticed that Jedi sparring with Jedi and Sith sparring with Sith was much tamer than the Jedi sparring with Sith.

Great alliance Kevak thought to himself.

It was then that he noticed Graff out of the corner of his eye talking to a Mandolorian, and possibly another jedi. He walked over to the group and eyed them all up.

"Greetings to all of you, I am Kevak Phobos," Kevak said to the group.

'This place is just as boring as it used to...nothing to do but wait, wait and wait some more...' Bail sat at the table to eat his breakfast. '...and the food hasn't improved much...' He looked around, searching for someone to chat with, but found noone. 'And as always, all fun people are busy and away...This darn place never changes...not even with all those dark jedis around.'

Aeran Drexel, or as he preferred, Sergeant Drexel walked through the halls of the temple, atleast it felt fairly quiet, because seeing Jedi and Sith walking around together was well.... strange, it was like days he was stationed on Manaan, except this time they didnt even seem to stab at eachother with words instead of the secretly hidden blade.

He could feel eyes on him, because he was completly clad in his Sith Trooper armour and was carrying an assault rifle, and to the better trained eye, the safety was off.

He felt safer in his armour, not just from the protection but from the fact that nobody could see his responses and expressions, it was probably why Republic Soldiers were called wimps over Sith, you would after all never see a sith trooper scream, as for the Republic...

Before he could finish his trail of thought he bumped into a group of mixed Jedi and Sith, which was odd considering all the other jedi and sith were keeping the distance.

"Im looking for someone named 'Graff' or 'Graft' or something..." He asked, demanding an answer but not begging it.

Zarena gave a tired "Good morning" to the hallway gathering as she passed, and walked on into the stairwell. She got out when she reached the ground floor, finding herself once again lost in the elaborate halls and corridors of the temple. She chose to approach one of the protocol droids.

"I'm a guest here. Where might I find breakfast?" She was still adjusting to being fully awake. I've never been a morning person.

The droid turned it it's ocular senses to her and began to speak, it's arms quivering as it spoke, something Zarena assumed was supposed to endear serving droids to their clients. She nodded casually through its directions before setting off for the dining hall.

As she was collecting her food from one of the serving droids, she noted that one of the others was already sitting down at one of the tables. Another Jedi type, though admittedly she found it hard to tell the difference between all the different flavours of lightsaber bearers. Might as well get to know the people I'll be travelling with for the next... Weeks. Months. Years, even. However long this mission takes.

She chose to sit across from the Jedi, setting her bowl down on to the table.

"I don't think I caught your name," she commented, sticking her elbows on the table as she did so.

"The name's Bail. Who might you be?"

"Zarena." She glanced down to the mush of milk and grain she'd been given and prodded it with her spoon.

"Are you always this tired in the mornings?"

She looked across at the Jedi and laughed slightly. "This place compels me to wake up earlier than usual. Mornings aren't my strong point."

After giving a weary glance at her bowl, she continued. "Is the food here always this..." she paused, before finishing with an air of sarcasm, "...appetizing?"

Is the food here always this...appetizing?" Bail smiled.

"Truth to be told, this is better than it use to. It was much worse back when I was a Jedi...you were really looking forward to go on missions, just so you got eat decent food. So you should consider yourself lucky."

"Truth to be told, this is better than it use to. It was much worse back when I was a Jedi...you were really looking forward to go on missions, just so you got eat decent food."

Zarena braved a spoonful of the mush. It wasn't so bad. It didn't taste of anything, which was admittedly a problem in itself. She swallowed it.

"So you should consider yourself lucky."

"I suppose I will," she said, with her usual half-smile. "It's less synthesised than what I'm used to."

She pondered the curious man sitting across from her. A Jedi, or rather another ex-Jedi if she judged correctly from what he'd said.

I suppose I didn't think they'd be sending the best of the Order on what is potentially a suicide mission. From what I've seen we're mostly mercs, and all the Force users are suspiciously non-Jedi-like.

"So how'd you get roped into this?" she inquired.

"So how'd you get roped into this?"

Bail thought a bit and scratched his head. "Revan summoned me. I'm not sure why, but it could be because we once faught together in the Mandalorian Wars, but our past is another history, for another time." Bail smiled and finished his meal.

"But I must say I'm glad to have a non-force-sensitive in the crew. They tend to be...boring, I am too many times I guess... we are a bunch of patronizing morrons too, specially those who are strong in the force...you know 'consulars', a Jedi class."

Aeran looked at the people, maybe it was just another bunch of Jedi and Sith who happened to get along, he set off towards the bar.

He walked in, and noticed the bartender look a little worried from the Sith Armour gleaming beautifully from the lights, he simple walked and sat at the counter, hoping that Graf would perhaps contact him instead.

Archived