Home

K1 higher levels

loki-cat

I don't know if this can be done or not, but I think it would be nice in K1 to move beyond level 20 character in the game. Especially with all the restored and new content I am leveling out half way through the game. And even worse I haven't had a chance to select some of the new forcer powers created.

If this has been done, let me know where I could find it. Thanks

You can edit the 2da's to give you more feats and force powers per level up. Heck you can even edit them to where you get all the ones you are allowed per level if you want to. I did something similar with TSL but somehow I messed up when saving the 2da and now I get 34 feats and 34 bonus feats per level :lol:

But you can edit it in K1 to get all the feats and force powers by the time you cap out at 20

Eefluxx

Actually, this might be possible. There would have to be a LOT of .2da editing, but I think, well I can't find it right now, but there's a 2da that has all the levels and exp required. I'll look into it.

NO SS it is not possible. Believe me and every other veteran like Darth Insidious above you cannot break the 20 level cap for K1 by editing 2da files. You can edit them all you like to have information for above 20th level however just Like NWN 1 before any of it's expansion packs K1 is "HARDCODED" not too let you go above level 20.

I was actually curious myself to see if this could be done, but there's about a 50-50 chance that it can't. How many levels do you guys want? If it works, I'll do up to 30 levels.

Whoops! I've got a late post, looks like it can't be done. But I'll try to find that .2da file anyway and see what it does.

I think I'm on to something. There's 2 different .2da files called exptable, and xptable. I modified exptable, and it would let me level up to level 33. But, I only specified it to go to level 23. Plus, it just crashed when I tried to level up because I hadn't edited all the .2da's that are involved with levelling up. Here is a screenshot.

what_now.jpg

Wait! What if you used the KSE to get your character up to 21 and from there leveled them up? I know that you cannot level up your character at level 20, that seems to be hardcoded... (Who knows?) But, if you could edit your character's level to 21, once you have the exp for it and then go from there?

Or am I just crazy?

Nope, not gonna work for two reasons.

1: there aren't enough Xp in the game to advance to the next level if your past lvl20.

2: I allready tried that by mistake using the KSE to lvl25, couldn't level up even if i used the KSE to give myself the XP needed.

Because the game is H-A-R-D-C-O-D-E-D! How many times do you need to be told that you can't add more levels to this game???

I heard that it is/was HARDCODED several times already... (Don't bother asking how many times in this day already.) And I saw this thread two days ago and set off to see if it was possible to edit the game in such a way through .2da manipulation and whatnot.

Well, after editing exptable.2da to reflect different exp values for different levels and then doing all the stuff necessary to level up in the other .2da's. (There are far too many of them) I had just thought that, since leveling up at lvl 20 seems to be hardcoded, but I don't know after leveling up at level 21. So, it was just a thought.

Excuse me for being curious and trying to see if this would ever work.

• 3 months later...

There isn't anyway around the level cap

But like mentioned before you can edit the 2da's (feat and skills and others) to give you more per level up(ie say at level 1 you get 10feats and 10skill points) that would make you god-like by the time you get to Malak.(and yes you would make him look like a Padawan)

Or you can use the KSE and give yourself strength and dexterity and all of the others to like 50 and accomplish the same thing :)

Eefluxx

• 2 weeks later...

Archived