Home

Jabba's Ship level Progress

hhunter6

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just make a small constructive criticism on these... On the whole, the texturing and mapping is absolutely stupendous, absolutely fine work... If what I'm going to suggest would take too much extra time, then just disregard...

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=50315192oh2.jpg

Mind, that I cannot remember for the life of me what this level looked like (it stressed me out so bad, back in the day)...

I was thinking the effect in this picture (on the stairs and ceiling alcove) could look even better if you dimmed the orange along face and took advantage of the glow effects of the blue lights... If my suggestion isn't in keeping with the presentation from the original game, then no worries...

Fantastic work aside from that...

Also, I don't see why you wouldn't use as many as of the smuggler/mercenary type characters as possible, even if they weren't all in the original game, the variety is always good, especially if there's no need to remodel them... hehe

That's a shader issue I'll have to address but fixing it so that the blue glow is the most prominent should be pretty easy as long as there aren't errors in the shader script file.

As for the mercenaries, I never really cared for the JA mercenary design. I'd have no objections to adding some Rodians to the DFMod levels but I'd rather avoid the mercenaries. It's a matter of my own personal taste in the JK series games more than anything.

• 1 month later...

so heres a small update from me. I only have 1 more area to map out and then the level will be 100% mapped. After that its texture tweaks here and there, adding the final enemies, pickups and map goals and then the map will be done. There still needs to be some scripting done as well too. I'm not going to post any screen shots of these areas though, I want to keep them a surprise for the final release.:)

Archived