Home

Is there a Skip Jedi Mod?

The Padawannabe

I'm not sure if you can make posts like this in this area of the forums, and if not then I'm sorry, but are there any mods that let you not become a Jedi in KoToR1? And if there are then do they also change the game so that it makes sense? Like change how people react to you?

Mod note: Moved the thread to the Mod request forum, since that pretty much what it is. :) ~M

Welcome to the forums Padawannabe!

I know that I mod like this does exist somwhere. Im fairly sure it does not have a link on lucasforums. I believe it was on pcgamemods but that site has been down for ages. It was called something like: "Authors name (cant remember sorry)'s no more I wanna be a jedi" A friend of mine recently asked me about this and we could not find it. Its possible that pcgamemods was the only place it was hosted at. I have no idea how far the mod goes as far as how people treat you. If so we're screwed. Trust me though, if its out there, somebody here knows where it is.

As previously stated, this should be in the mod request section. I can't find the little winking smiley so you get Mr. T ----> :mrt::xp: And again, welcome to lucasforums!

--HOP

Welcome to the forums Padawannabe!

I know that I mod like this does exist somwhere. Im fairly sure it does not have a link on lucasforums. I believe it was on pcgamemods but that site has been down for ages. It was called something like: "Authors name (cant remember sorry)'s no more I wanna be a jedi" A friend of mine recently asked me about this and we could not find it. Its possible that pcgamemods was the only place it was hosted at. I have no idea how far the mod goes as far as how people treat you. If so we're screwed. Trust me though, if its out there, somebody here knows where it is.

As previously stated, this should be in the mod request section. I can't find the little winking smiley so you get Mr. T ----> :mrt::xp: And again, welcome to lucasforums!

--HOP

Thanks, I'll look around for that name.

this may sound silly but...

wtf is hte point of playing KOTOR without a lightsabre?

starwars = lightsabers

KOTOR = Starwars

therefor...

Kotor = lightsabers

so why on earth would you want to not be a jedi?

A challenge, like completing K2 with that Plasma Torch, or as a Pure Caster/Gunslinger.

this may sound silly but...

wtf is hte point of playing KOTOR without a lightsabre?

starwars = lightsabers

KOTOR = Starwars

therefor...

Kotor = lightsabers

so why on earth would you want to not be a jedi?

I get the sense that you started following SW when the prequels came out. :)

You'd like to play as han solo too huh? :p

Not really.

I prefer Boba Fett!

Go Fett Man!

But there is an easier way to stay as soldier (or whatever), just follow story but when you become Jedi, change your class using KSE!

But you won't have ppl responding differently to you.

Thats what i thought.

If a plausible way to do this could be found, including armor and wapons as well as items, i could actually see myself using this mod to play through the game at least once.

A couple of items that would be neede for this is an overkill blaster as well as an overkill sword or two. Another set of items would be a set of armor with uber stats as well as a new uber Life Support Pack.

Hey, I've got a suggestion... instead of skippin them EVERY time through the game, why not make it a choice...

like when you're with the council

Random Council member: The way of the Jedi is difficult indeed... are you sure that you wish to follow this path?

PC*: No

PC**: YES! I want to be a Jedi!!!

PC***: Let me think a little more, I'll come back later.

RCM*: Very well, then there is no need for you to remain in the Enclave anymore... Bastila has a mission that we would like for you to accompany her on... {end dialogue with the Journal entry you would get after you're a Jedi Padawan (not an apprentice)}

RCM**: Very well, your training will begin immeadiately (cut to the cut scene of PC learning to be a Jedi)

RC***: Very well, come and talk to me when you have decided. {end dialogue}

• 2 weeks later...

I just think you shouldn't ahve to become a Jedi. Also, wouldn't the Jedi not want Revan to use the force because that would lead him back to his old memories. They're pretty much just saying: "Here's your lightsaber, go kill Malak and ignore everything he says about you being a Sith Lord"

Since this is a modding request someone will have a go at making this. Here is what could happen:

You arrive on dantooine and bastila sends you to the jedi council chambers. Just before they bring up the 'jedi training' bit T3-M4 goes wild due to Brith (Flying flatfish) slobber in his core and he starts shooting everywhere. One of his shots hit a brith and it blows open the door to the ruins. You and bastila run off to see and find the droid in the ruins. You find the star map and you leave to go the woulds: Yavin space station, Manaan, tatooine, kashyyyk and korriban. Once you escape from the unknown world (it would normally break into a cutscene but the mod would stop that from happening since it has jedi bits in it) you go to the star forge and complete the game.

Is that a good idea?

• 4 weeks later...

... May I ask how the hell you're supposed to get around the droid? Or does that come with the Journal entry? I don't think so, you get out after your final trial. You'd have to create a situation for that.

Edit: The one in the Enclave. Sorry, I meant to say during not after.

I was looking for a similar idea, but instead of playing Han Solo or Boba Fett, you play a commander of some sort. And Carth would have...I dunno...soldier "pets", like Bao dur's remote but then it would be a trooper defending you. You could give carth the same armor, so it would look like you are commanding a squad of(I dunno how far the engine goes) prefferably 5 troopers with which one is Carth, so Carth would have 4 "pets", giving you a total of a 7 man squad to command consisting of the PC, Carth with his 4 troopers and another Party member. Of course, the "pet" soldiers shouldn't be invincible like Bao dur's remote. Although, I wonder if all of the 4 soldiers would die if the leader (Carth in this case) would die?

Many times in Kotor have I desired to overrun the enemy with an army of troops, instead of always being outnumbered myself, but unfortunately there is a limit of 2 Party members at a time

Archived