Home

Best Video game hero/heroines

Da_man

- Jak from the Jak and Daxter games

- The Prince from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (he's not the same character in the other PoP games)

- Thrall from Warcraft 3 (mainly because I read the Lord of the Clans tie-in novel (which I would recommend reading with no hesitation!))

- Master Chief (just for the voice, though :xp: )

Gordon Freeman just has no personality...

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised that nobody has mentioned this hawt piece of azz yet:

image.jpg

Wario

Vile on maverick hunter X

Duke Nukem

All the main character players of the GTA games

Saints row custom character

Mega Man in a few of his various incarnations--older the series the better, except the zero series, but then again that's Zero...

...all I care to post--for now...

Reading is fundamental. :dozey:

That and

I second that Inyri. Samus Aran is the indisputed CHAMP of all time. She beats out all others (especially that panty waste Master Chief)

Samus Aran really is the best. The rest are all just pretenders and offenders. Plus Samus would freakin' pwn Zerg Kerrigan. Let's see Kerrigan vs. Metroid Prime. The only person that can beat Samus is Master Chief.....at sucking at being a hero.

I HAVE SPOKEN!!!!

Raziel, from the legacy of kain series. He just oozes class.

Definitely agreeing with you on Raziel, but I think Kain needs to be mentioned too (even though he's more of an anti-hero).

Also, agreeing with stingerhs on Agent 47.

Who else... well, so many have already been mentioned, so I won't repeat them, but I'm pretty sure nobody mentioned Geralt from The Witcher. He's probably the most honest and realistic RPG hero ever - he openly says he'll do it for a bunch of money when all the other RPG heroes say they'll do it for the greater good/to help people/because it's the right thing/etc, but in the end they all politely accept a monetary reward for their deed.

As for NPCs, there's even more of those to choose from. To name just a few:

HK-47 (the best NPC ever, you all know which game he's from)

Smiling Jack (VtM: Bloodlines)

Mitnick (VtM: Bloodlines)

Gorgeous Gary Golden (VtM: Bloodlines)

Urdnot Wrex (Mass Effect)

Moebius the Timestreamer (LoK series)

Little Jacob (GTA 4)

Archmage Rakorium (Drakensang)

I am ashamed I didn't mention April from The Longest Journey.

How dare you forget April.:xp:

Ah, but my favorite hero is a tough one. I'd have to go with Trent from Freelancer. Some other choices are, Mario, Rhama Sabrier from Galleon, And Gehndar from K1.

• 2 weeks later...

Other heroes...

GTA crew: GTA 1,2 & 3 main character (whoever they are), Victor Vance, Tommy Vercetti, Carl Johnson, Tony Cipriatti, Niko Bellic...and whoever else...

The main player of "Odyssey: Legend of Nemesis." Mac owners will like it.

If you have a PC, seriously, get a mac OS emulator of system ~7.5 and download this game so you can play it. You won't be sorry if storyline based on your perception of value judgment choices is entertaining to you. Drop me a line (I've discovered things the walkthrough hasn't if you should get stuck!).

Warning: this game has a kind of tragic and grim storyline. None of the endings are completely happy, but it all depends on your philosophical views how you perceive them.

Wario: the first Anti Hero I ever played as. This guy was the bomb.

Dark Stalkers: all of them.

Mario Bros. Let's face it, these guys and their crew kick ass, even as old farts.

Revan and Exile

The main player on faxanadu for the NES (oddly resembles obi wan from AOTC)

The Mega Man franchise. You can play as an anti hero: Vile in maverick hunter. Somewhat altering the storyline of the game. Also, many of their fun characters are quite lovable.

Link: the old school Zelda games. Zelda 1 & 2. And #3 I guess. I dunno, something sentimaental for the NES titles.

Marvel VS Capcom: the whole cast, you cannot deny, is epic. Well you could but I beg to differ. :xp:

Zeke and Julie: Zombies Ate my Neighbors. (WHY isn't there a section dedicated to this LUCASARTS game and its sequel Ghoul Patrol?) It isn't every day that freaks from nearly every horror flick and some mythology are thrown at you. Zombie Apocalypse people ought to be ape $*** about these two. Zeke and Julie are epic and win. Wielding everything from foods, ancient artifacts, household items, science experiments, to bazookas.

Reading is fundamental. :dozey:

Actually I was probably being a jackass--I had ingested a bit of

full_throttle_blue_demon.jpg

and acting like

1115575~Bevis-and-Buthead-I-am-the-Great-Cornholio-Posters.jpg

so kinda hard to be fundamental while paying tribute to his bung(holy)o-ness. :p

Speaking of the two exceptional dimwits: I hereby nominate Beavis and Butt-Head for their SNES title where they purged highland of suck and made it to a GWAR concert.

@ Jae: Well, the reason REIQ probably did that is b/c he wants sports illustrated models to be able to compete with those lovely women who naturally have that "gifting". :xp: I.E. Viking princesses we see at renniassance fairs. :dev11: --Dun worry babz, I have a broader definition of beautiful than just the unrealistically narrow view than the hollywierd skanks on magazine covers. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but no. Samus is not the best heroine. Just because she has boobs and looks hot, doesn't mean she's a good character. I have never once heard her speak in any Metroid game. Plus, she's lacking in personality. I do like her suit though.

A couple of favorite PC's of mine is

-The Exile (She has one of the most saddest and tragic story's I've seen in a video game. I view her story as a tragic and unfortunate event. Honestly, she was cut off the force, and was forced to go into exile in the outer rim. She went to war because she didn't want to see people suffer anymore. She gave the order to activate the Mass Shadow Generator and that Generator destroyed Malachor V and it created a Wound in the force. Thereafter she was deafened to the Force's call; incapable of sensing it through the interference caused by the Force echoes of the suffering that she had inflicted and been forced to witness. The only Jedi under Revan able to turn away from the dark side after Malachor V, she was also the only Jedi to willingly return to Coruscant and face trial for her actions—and also to defend them. Malak originally wanted Revan to use his assassin droid HK-47 to eliminate the Exile, but Revan, who referred to her as a Jedi "who was already dead", wanted her to face the Council and show them the hypocrisy of their teachings, and so let her leave.

-Revan (And by Revan, I mean ''The true'' Revan. The person who claims to be Revan in K1 isn't actually Revan. You know why? Because for me, it doesn't feel like I'm playing as Revan. It feels like I'm playing as a white piece of paper. That's how it feels for me when I play K1. We never hear too much of a backstory on Revan's past. We never see any development in Revan after the twist. The only piece of development is at the end when Malak and the ''PC'' are confronting each other. At least in the KOTOR comics we see how Revan rose through the ranks of the Republic Fleet. And in K2, we hear discussions about how Revan and Malak left the Republic fleet and turned it into a sith empire. Also, Kreia discuss of how Revan's final battle at Malchor V in K2. We never see or hear any of this in K1. All we get is a lot of vague flashbacks in K1 that hardly explains anything. We do get a few discussions with Bastila about how the Jedi captured Revan but really, that's as close to development as we get.)

-Agent 47 (What can I say? This guys a bad ass. And I love his Anti Hero personality he has. He goes around the world killing people. But these people are ruthless and cause harm to others. Agent 47 puts a end to these people by simply killing them by any means necessary. The backstory was pretty interesting, but the climax in Hitman 1 was awesome. In Hitman 2, we go deeper into 47's intentions and personality, as he's not really a cold and ruthless killer as he seems. In fact, 47's real intentions is to get rid of evil and scummed people. He becomes the hero by being a anti hero. I find this interesting because a lot of people think he's a simple minded killer. When really, he's a lot more complex then people think.

And a couple of favorite NPC's of mine are Darth Nihlius, Kreia, Darth Sion, Princess Zelda, Ganondorf, and a few others I can't seem to remember.

I'm sorry, but no. Samus is not the best heroine. Just because she has boobs and looks hot, doesn't mean she's a good character. I have never once heard her speak in any Metroid game. Plus, she's lacking in personality. I do like her suit though.

I think you're a little behind on your info.

Yuthura Ban... at least to the extent I made her out to be. She just had such a tragic life that you can understand her reasons for becoming a Sith. Vader is just a laughing stock compared to her, as she always had a greater goal in mind, but just forgot.

The Exile: Revan 411 said it all. Very tragic, very charismatic, very strong character.

Batman: He's just the greatest of the DC comic book heros. The polar opposite of Superman, Batman relies on his skills and cunning instead of just being an invincible juggernaut. I don't know exactly what would be defined as a video game hero, but Batman rules in this.

legaia team was pretty bomb ass. Even if the game itself was kind of hollow.

Your character in Odyssey: Legend of Nemesis b/c you are using both wits and might to overcome a god like enemy who knew about you since day one. It's all value judgments and how you look at the choices you make.

Can be man or woman. Default name is Wally Hackenslacker

Sam and Max. Dunno what it is about a crime investigation team with MgGruff crossed w/ Sherlock holmes as one chaacter plus some needlessly cruel and violent rabbit like creature. Both of them working together. Awesome.

Most any capcom hero or anti hero is aight IMO.

Temari of Suna: while not always the strong silent type of gal, definitely has something about her demeanor that is forthright and yet noble...even a certain kindness she'd never admit to, but you know is there.

Revy from black lagoon...she would make hollywood and bar room thugs all blush. If I have to explain this woman...you really need to see the anime.

Zeke and Julie: Zombies ate my neighbors and ghoul patrol. Too awesome that you can use a multitude of things against monsters from most every film out there from the 50's on up to the 90's.

Three Stooges--YES they had their own game. What a more commendable act but to make money entirely so that Ma's orphanage stays afloat.

I think you're a little behind on your info.

QFT. Thanks Link-y! :D

She's the oldest humanoid heroine of VG history. It was a shock to the world that samus was a girl. Besides, her strong but silent personality is what makes her hawt.

Reverend Ray, Call of Juarez. This guy is believable bat****, not crazy-with-a-higher-goal, simply believable bat**** which is something you rarely find in games.

Billy Candle, Call of Juarez. Billy is proof that sencible protagonists exist, and like Ray feels very human. He do a lot of stupid things, yet you understand him, and unlike just about every other protagonist ever, when acused of murder, he runs, not to track down the killer, but simply to get across the border. In adition he can't take on an army, even when fully armed.

The Exile doesn't audibly talk either. In Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid, and Metroid Fusion Samus narrates and even has a few lines here and there.

What can I say, she's a woman of action. She gets stuff done. The Exile stands around and talks to everyone she meets (just kidding...of course that's a required mechanic of KOTOR).

I wish Nintendo would make a KOTOR style Metroid RPG. THAT would be freakin' sweet!

Meh, whatever. I just think Samus is a overrated heroine. I am eventually going to pick up the Metroid Trilogy for the Wii when it comes out so I can play the three Prime games. As, I've only played the 2d games. I have to admit though, Metroid Another M does look promising.

^^^I rate her so high b/c she was essentially the first action heroine in the VG world. If I had to say who would get credit for that role more universally, Chun Li. She is a close second.

I like the main characters of the GTA games--as if that wasn't an obvious given...oh wait I think I already said that. :D

.... Yeah, your nameless mian characters in 1, 2, 3 (I think--been some years), Tommy, CJ, Tony, Victor, Niko. I wish for the other newer chapters. LATD, & chinatown wars.

I'll never forget the Mario bros and everyone who has been associated with those guys.

Sam Fischer is probably the best Video game hero (that or Link...tough choice)

The best heroine is probably Laura Croft...not for her looks (I think being attracted to a girl in a video game is mildy strange) but b/c she's basically the more violent female version of Indiana Jones...

Archived