Home

Best Video game hero/heroines

Da_man

My custom smackdown wrestlers.

Dastard Bastard. My main villain--err hero of the story . See I was working on a ROM hack of megaman 3. W.I.P.

Selphie. Though I am not a final fantasy player by any stretch, I have always liked that clumbsy cowgirl in yellow wielding numbchucks and that 60's style hairdoo.

Valiant Comics characters. Too bad Acclaim had to botch this division. Few people if any will remember Iron Man & X-O Manowar in Haevy Metal, fewer still with any fondness. I always wanted to see more of X-O Manowar, or the Armorines... Magnus the robot fighter...Ninjak, Blood Shot, Shadow Man, Metal Man. Shame how they all just died with the faction. Acclaim :swear:. PAH!

You know, if they had contracted with Capcom, it probably would have ended up well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess for me I look at the degree of one's heroics. Lara Croft did do some nice work

stopping Jaqueline Natla from overtaking the world with the Scion and um.....WTF else has she done???

However Samus Aran rescued the galaxy numerous times from forces powerful enough to wipe out all life. We all know about the space pirates trying to use Metroids to conquer worlds. However both phazon and the X-parasite make metroid infestations look like child's play. Then there was Gorea.

I have the prime games on Gamecube (I play them on my Wii). I don't have Prime 3 yet though. The new one looks crazy awesome too.

Some of the best video game heroes/heroines that I can think of:

Nomad, Psycho, and Prophet

Stranded on a hostile island, filled with North Koreans and an ancient secret that can shoot ice at you. And they all manage to do it with an assault rifle (and a mini-nuke launcher, but thats beside the point :p)

Gordon Freeman

Do I really need to explain?

Alyx Vance

Trusty sidekick/love interest of our scientist protagonist. I just love their conversations.

The Revan (not seen in K1)

I've heard all the stories about Revan. He was a great tactician, lead the Republic to victory against the Mandalorians, and he had AWESOME Charisma...

but in K1 your just an average joe who finds out that he is really the charismatic dude.

I have never once heard her speak in any Metroid game.

Do you ever hear Gordon Freeman talk? How about Link?

I do like her suit though.

Yeah, I bet you do like her Zero Suit. ;D

@ jedispy: You should wait and get Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii which has the entire Prime series on a single disc. It's coming out later this year...

Which I am glad for, because I lost both the gamecube games. :D

I liked

Pey'j from Beyond Good and Evil

MD1032 aka Material Defender aka Benjamin St. John from the Descent series

Ben from Full Throttle (I STILL want a leather Polecats jacket)

Manny, Grim Fandango

Karen S'jet, Homeworld/2

April, The Longest Journey

Kyle Katarn, every first person SW game, ever :p

Brenn and Dellis Tantor, Force Commander. The game may have been a crappy RTS but it had a decent story

VV, VtM:B

Well of course I like Samus' "zero suit" (I just refer to it as her flight suit though....WTF is a "zero" suit anyway???). It doesn't mean it's the only reason she's my fav. The Chozo power suit is awesome. It's got the best powerups/upgrades over any other armor/uniform.

Plus the other reason I like Samus is that it's not about sex appeal. She is one of the few positive video game role models out there for girls. I myself am not female, but I recognize there is a shortage of positive imagery for girls (at least in America that's the case). Lara Croft (while being a fine heroine) is really more about sex appeal than positive imagery. This is true about most games where a woman is the protagonist.

Samus is portrayed as a strong person with noble goals and a sense of duty. She is a bounty hunter, but unlike characters like Jango Fett, Samus will stare danger in the eye and sacrificially go toe-to-toe. That is why she's my fav.

It's called the "Zero" suit because it originated from Metroid: Zero Mission. There's no specific canonical reference as to why it's called that in-game though, but we do know now that the Zero Suit is the device that actually generates the Chozo power suit around Samus.

Archived