Home

Unleashed September 16!

leXX

What platform will you be playing Force Unleashed on?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What platform will you be playing Force Unleashed on?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • DS
    • PSP
    • PC (that is to say "none")

""LucasArts today announced that its highly anticipated video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be released on September 16, 2008 in the United States, September 17 in Southeast Asia and Australia, and September 19 in Europe..."

So after many many delays, we finally have a release date. Still quite a while to wait (and 3 days longer for me pfft), but I'm hoping all these delays have made for a fine tuned gaming experience. Fingers crossed.

I'm interested to know what platform everyone will be getting it on, so vote in the poll. :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably get it for Xbox 360 and the Wii version, both have features I really want to try out. I have a DS too but getting 3 versions of a game is a bit much. :p I'll vote Wii since that is the console I own, I plan on playing it on my roommate's 360.

A PC version would own. I have no idea WTF LucasArts has been smoking, saying most casual gamers wouldn't have a PC able to handle it. If it can run on PS2, the casual gamer can run it.

Stupid excuses.

And LucasArts hasn't made a quality classic game since...JKII? It's about time we got a new one.

I'm getting it for Xbox 360, but I'd much rather prefer PC.

- PR-0927

You're forgetting that the PS2 version comparatively looks like ass and that 19 out of 20 PC gamers would not tolerate the porting of the PS2 version to pc.

I'm very worried about this game.... at least several of the versions of this game if not all. Everything and I mean everything they've released; from their press releases, videos and even the points that the developers try to tout as positives, come off with subtle yet aromatic signs of suck. Don't get me wrong, I want to stab a lightsaber into someones face with a wiimote more than Bongo wants my body but the etching on the wall is telling me to not get my hopes up.

You're forgetting that the PS2 version comparatively looks like ass and that 19 out of 20 PC gamers would not tolerate the porting of the PS2 version to pc.

I'm very worried about this game.... at least several of the versions of this game if not all. Everything and I mean everything they've released; from their press releases, videos and even the points that the developers try to tout as positives, come off with subtle yet aromatic signs of suck. Don't get me wrong, I want to stab a lightsaber into someones face with a wiimote more than Bongo wants my body but the etching on the wall is telling me to not get my hopes up.

^ Well said

I haven't really been keeping up with this game, because I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking. I don't get my jollies from throwing stormtroopers around as much as I used to, procedural animations or no, so it'll have to have a little bit more depth than that to impress me. If the Wiimote controls offered smooth 1:1 saber combat and were very responsive to actual force move gestures, then it might interest me more. From what I've seen so far, I seriously doubt that is going to happen. As for graphics, it really won't matter unless I buy a 360/PS3 or there's a port aimed at high-end PCs. Also unlikely.

At this point theres only a few specific things that will interest me when it comes to Star Wars games: A huge scale sequel to Tie-Fighter, an MMORPG with JK-style combat, or a truly epic KOTOR journey to end all others. And since all 3 of those ideas require lots of time, effort, funding, and the right vision, I'm not really holding out for them. Maybe I'm just setting the bar too high, but I've played a lot of Star Wars games, and they're all starting to feel rather... empty. The Force Unleashed is no exeption.

^ Well said

I haven't really been keeping up with this game, because I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking. I don't get my jollies from throwing stormtroopers around as much as I used to, procedural animations or no, so it'll have to have a little bit more depth than that to impress me. If the Wiimote controls offered smooth 1:1 saber combat and were very responsive to actual force move gestures, then it might interest me more. From what I've seen so far, I seriously doubt that is going to happen. As for graphics, it really won't matter unless I buy a 360/PS3 or there's a port aimed at high-end PCs. Also unlikely.

At this point theres only a few specific things that will interest me when it comes to Star Wars games: A huge scale sequel to Tie-Fighter, an MMORPG with JK-style combat, or a truly epic KOTOR journey to end all others. And since all 3 of those ideas require lots of time, effort, funding, and the right vision, I'm not really holding out for them. Maybe I'm just setting the bar too high, but I've played a lot of Star Wars games, and they're all starting to feel rather... empty. The Force Unleashed is no exeption.

Well, I HAVE been keeping up with this game, and let me tell you. You WILL be proven wrong,

Yeah I have to agree with Rhett and IG. I'm trying extremely hard not to get my hopes up for this game, but its hard not to. Its been sooo long since we've had a great star wars game that die hard fans like myself are on bended knee simply praying it will be full of awesomness. After the gaming godliness that is Mass Effect, I can't help but think that I will indeed be dissapointed, but well see.

360 baby. Can't wait for it! But yeah, it's a wonder why it's on every console but the PC, that just sucks. But even if it came out on the PC, I'd still get the 360 version.

I think you pretty much just answered your own question.

It sucks, but that's probably their reasoning at least to an extent.

Archived