Home

Unleashed September 16!

leXX

What platform will you be playing Force Unleashed on?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What platform will you be playing Force Unleashed on?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • DS
    • PSP
    • PC (that is to say "none")

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Seriously. Except all she does with the Wii is play bowling on Wii Sports. Kind of a waste, but that's what I'm for!

LIES!! Wii Sports is the only decent thing on that crap-shack of a system.

Lucasarts gave PC gamers a two-digit salute with their assinine comments recently (ya need teh $4000 dollar rig ta play it, yo!), so they can have it right back. Lost most of the respect I had for them previously, and won't be getting any more of their games. Oh I forgot, they're too hard to make for PC anyway. Riiiiight. :p

Yeah, LucasArts really has been disappointing recently. I only have respect for few game companies now (Stradock and Crytek top this list).

And Rhett, good point about the PS2 version looking bad.

Except, the PS3 and Xbox 360 GPUs are analogous of the GeForce 7 series cards and their power, so even then their excuse doesn't work out (I think most casual gamers currently would own at least the GeForce 6 series, no?). Our four-year-old home computer has a 6800 GT (second best at the time), and computers are upgraded frequently. By having a variety of graphics options, TFU would fit perfectly on most casual gaming PCs.

LucasArts has failed me and it seems most. I hope they bring themselves out of this horrible trend of recent SW games. Their support of products is also rather miserable.

Seriously, KotOR and JKII are the last two quality SW games. Everything else since those games has been subpar (regardless of how much I played such titles). JA was a joke, KotOR II was a failure, SWRC had a great campaign, but failed in MP (and lack of vehicles/replayability), EaW seemed cool until you played it (such a limited RTS), and both SWBF and SWBF II were lame and arcade-like attempts at creating a SW version of the BF series.

I'm hoping TFU will be worth the $60, but recently I think the only upcoming game worth even close to that much (for consoles) MIGHT be BFBC (hey, it looks cool to me...).

- PR-0927

The 360 version will be amazing! In graphics and the amazing Euphoria physiscs!!!

Nah. Xbox 360 and PS3 will both have the best for the game, but I don't think the graphics will be that great, especially because both of their GPUs are pretty outdated now.

After Crysis, everything seems bland. Even the sugar.

- PR-0927

You can't directly compare console components to pc components. Just because the consoles have older gpus than the latest PCs doesn't directly correlate to how a game will look on them comparatively. Look at older generations and their technology and see what they were able to pump out of them. I digress.

That's true, but I feel as if that is partially because the developers are forced to work with a fixed/unchanging hardware set (in whichever console). With PCs, I think Crytek kind of tried to push it to the max for PCs and pump out whatever they could, but as we have seen, they seemed to keep pushing to try to get the most out of the system...the system from NASA, rather than the system of the common consumer.

I guess you're right about not being able to directly compare. It's not a bad thing that the developers are trying to squeeze the system to its limits - actually very good.

Nonetheless, it is what it is - the most advanced games (graphically) for consoles pale in comparison to their PC counterparts (or the most advanced games for PCs, graphics-wise).

If you couldn't see it, I'm heavily biased in favor of PCs. Why? Because they are better.

:p

Damn this sugar, it yucky now.

PR-0927

Because of Crysis, Crytek doesn't plan on supprting the PC as well becasue of feeling bad for creating such an impossible to play game, I mean not very people have that kind of money for upgrades! So to me, Crysis is nothing. I am amazed just by the graphics of COD4, and some other games. OOPS! Off-topic, but just wanted to express my opnion on this so called Crysis, which looks awesome but Far Cry came first!

That doesn't make sense. You also misread what Crytek stated. They said they would no longer be creating any PC-exclusive games. This means that they will still be creating games for PC, but also putting those same games on consoles.

And I don't understand your sentiment of "but Far Cry came first!" Far Cry is a great game, no one has said otherwise here. And just because it came first does not make it better by any means, not at all.

- PR-0927

Neither of you have the full story, PR-0927 is right though, in the fact that they did say they would still create games for the PC, they would just no longer be PC exclusive.

However, PloKoon, their decision has nothing to do with system requirements, but with Piracy. They publicly stated that they felt that piracy hindered their sales so much that producing games exclusively for the PC is no longer an economically smart decision.

Archived