Home

Sam and Max PC Port Confirmed for Wii

Jeff

The first season of Sam and Max's episodic shenanigans is finally coming to Wii later this year - largely owing to an email campaign to see the series on the console. Representatives of Telltale Games, the developers, told GameSpot that general fan demand and (then untrue) rumours helped create interest from the publishers. The game will be a compilation port of the PC episodes, will be published by Dreamcatcher and The Adventure Company in the US and JoWood in Europe.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/9748

Woot!

So did that harddrive ever come out to Wii? Is Wii Ware launched yet? I don't feel like watching the video. I'm a text man myself.
I don't think a hard drive will ever come out for the Wii, unfortunately. I think WiiWare launches on May 12. I know Telltale talks about having a WiiWare game in the video, wonder what that will be.

People bitch about the lack of a hd addon, yet the wii can read and use any SD card for storage of downloaded games and saves. Seems covered.

You can't play your downloaded games off the card, though - you have to put them back into your console's flash memory. You can see how this would be a problem when your flash memory is full and you need to keep deleting and transferring your online-purchased games every time you happen to want to play something that's on a card. That's how virtual console games work, anyway. Hopefully Nintendo will have some master plan for Wiiware games, which you have to assume will be much larger in size than an NES ROM no matter how small they are.

Just to clarify: the Wii version of Sam & Max Season 1 will be a retail disc release, sold in stores. No online involved. However, Telltale is also making an unannounced series based on a different license that will be exclusively available for Wiiware. How Wiiware games are handled exactly is what no one is clear on, though we will be soon enough since it launches on May 12.

Archived