Home

If the empire had clones and commandos could they have won the galactic civil war?

Deathfruit

Well if you look at the book series by Karen Traviss, it shows Jedi turning against the Jedi order, and tax collectors deciding that their system is utterly corrupt and needs to be undermined because of the way the old republic was treating the clone soldiers. I think if they kept treating clones as nonpeople, the empire would have created a lot more new problems than they'd solve by using clone troopers.

First off, the Empire did have clones. 'Vader's Fist', The 501st, were originally a Clone unit. Quite a lot of Stormtroopers were clones. The Clone Troopers were the basis for this. The empire didn't just use Fett DNA - they used DNA from a lot of sources.

By the time of the Battle of Yavin, only around a third were 'Fett' model clones. They did recruit ordinary people for the Stormtrooper program, but Clones were often easier to use.

Because almost every planet was allied to the rebels.[/Quote]

The Rebel Alliance had 17 planets under their direct control. The Empire had nearly a million planets, and around fifty million colonies. And even if Imperial planets had sympathies with the Alliance, they wouldn't do anything - An Imperial Starfleet, Death Star or other threat would prevent from doing anything until after the Emperor had been removed.

Even then, it took the Alliance years to reestablish the Republic.

And, as MachineCult says, the Empire had the 'Storm Commandos'.

• 3 months later...

You don't think so? well what if after the great galactic Civil War the members of the 501st legion some how recieved the Order 66 agin from some mysterious person who knew the genetic structure of the clone soldiers Perhapse the Kaminoian's or maybe even a MANDALORIAN? don't you think that would chetch Luke Skywalker off guard.

Order 66 was a stroke of luck. All your other theories are just fanciful, and at times, ludicrous.

the war was over.[/Quote]

No, it wasn't. The Galactic Civil War didn't end for a few years after that. It didn't end until 19 years after the destruction of the first Death Star, when The Empire and New Republic officially signed a peace treaty.

If I remember corectly the Kminoan's are still around so they could counter the clone degenerating virus. Because they were the one's who created the clone degenerating virus that was used on Emperer Palpatien's nine clones by the republic then created one to counteract the efect of the virus on the 501st and other clones Still around.

If I remember corectly the Kminoan's are still around so they could counter the clone degenerating virus. Because they were the one's who created the clone degenerating virus that was used on Emperer Palpatien's nine clones by the republic then created one to counteract the efect of the virus on the 501st and other clones Still around.

No, they couldn't counter the degenerative virus. Ko Sai stole all the data on it - and disappeared. Boba Fett had to have a new leg becuase of that virus, and if he hadn't found Jaing Skirata he'd have been dead.

The data disappeared, and the Kaminoans never found it again. And any extra hope they would have had disappeared when Taun We left Kamino to work elsewhere.

I still think that the Glorious Empire would have won even with 1/3 of the storm troopers being of fett modle and the rest being of normal humans.

Seriously, people: What is the big difference between a stormtrooper cloned from Jango Fett, a stormtrooper cloned from someone else (like Maximilian Veers), and a stormtrooper who was just an ordinary guy who was recruited? (For the record, the majority of the stormtroopers were recruits.) Why are Jango clones assumed to be so far above the ability of other clones, or trained recruits?

Seriously, people: What is the big difference between a stormtrooper cloned from Jango Fett, a stormtrooper cloned from someone else (like Maximilian Veers), and a stormtrooper who was just an ordinary guy who was recruited? (For the record, the majority of the stormtroopers were recruits.) Why are Jango clones assumed to be so far above the ability of other clones, or trained recruits?

Because of the inferred superiority of Fett bloodline, helped in no small part by Miss Travissty.

True that Boba lost his leg to the clone degenerating virus. But think about this do you think that stoped him from becomeing Mandalor, NO! so what makes you think that they will never find the antidote for the clone degenerating virus? I mean there are some desendants of Omega squad around still and one being related to Darren of Omega squad. Because darren's wife hade a child that was his and so would that mean the virus would kill the child and its desendants NO! because Omega squad and a few others had the antidote for the clone degenerating virus injected into them

True that Boba lost his leg to the clone degenerating virus. But think about this do you think that stoped him from becomeing Mandalor, NO![/Quote]

Umm... Boba Fett didn't actually want to be Mandalore. It's well documented, and mentioned every time it comes up. But Traviss decided to turn him into a tortured, reluctant leader.

so what makes you think that they will never find the antidote for the clone degenerating virus?[/Quote]

I never said they didnt find the cure. I only said the Kaminoans couldnt stop it. And, then, if you look at the last part of that post, you'll see 'If they hadnt found Jaing Skirata they'd be dead'. Jaing Skirata had been cured, and used his DNA to cure Boba Fett.

I don't know about any of the rest, as I dont read the Republic Commando Books. Traviss' writing annoyed me in LOTF, so I won't read any of her books now.

• 2 weeks later...
Why are Jango clones assumed to be so far above the ability of other clones, or trained recruits?

because Jango live through just about everything sept of course his little encounter with a swinging purple blade also he was chosen because if any of you have played Bounty Hunter you would know that the genes couldve been from the dark jedi person from the clone wars cartoon and she had 2 red light sabers (but i cant remember her name) but Jango kills her and walks off with Dooku to Kamino to start getting cloned

because Jango live through just about everything sept of course his little encounter with a swinging purple blade[/Quote]

And that makes him superior to other hardened soldiers, bounty hunters? And don't say it's because he's a Mandalorian. It's just a title.

also he was chosen because if any of you have played Bounty Hunter you would know that the genes couldve been from the dark jedi person from the clone wars cartoon and she had 2 red light sabers (but i cant remember her name)[/Quote]

Two completely separate people. You severely wound Komari Vosa in Bounty Hunter. Dooku then snaps her neck. He takes her lightsabers, and give them to Asaajj Ventress (the bald, grey woman in the Clone Wars Cartoon).

Did you not think it was strange she was alive after she was killed? No?

And It wasn't between Jango and Her for cloning. It was between Jango and Montross - the one who killed Vosa won the challenge - and Jango only barely won that.

And that makes him superior to other hardened soldiers, bounty hunters? And don't say it's because he's a Mandalorian. It's just a title.

Two completely separate people. You severely wound Komari Vosa in Bounty Hunter. Dooku then snaps her neck. He takes her lightsabers, and give them to Asaajj Ventress (the bald, grey woman in the Clone Wars Cartoon).

And It wasn't between Jango and Her for cloning. It was between Jango and Montross - the one who killed Vosa won the challenge - and Jango only barely won that.

ok ok so i got a couple people mixed up i havent played in a while (and i never watched the cartoon) and being a Mando'ad isnt just a title its a culture and even if he barley got there first he still did didnt he not everything comes out to be a long shot for one guy and a easy kill for another(watched any olypmics lately?)

ok ok so i got a couple people mixed up i havent played in a while (and i never watched the cartoon) and being a Mando'ad isnt just a title its a culture

If you never watched the cartoon, why mention it?

And it's still a title, even if it is part of a culture.

• 1 month later...

hey mandalorian 01 the galatic empire was ruthless if palpatine wanted limitless clone soldiers he woulda jus stormd the place & steal all the cloning equipment and leave. if the rebels DID find clone degenerating virus the kimonians wouldn't just go and try create some antidote cause palpatine would be their enemy.and the clone army is screwed

Archived