Home

Grim Fandango novel!!!

• 2 months later...
It was pretty well publicised and enjoyed by many back when it came out from what I recall, but we're going back to about 2000/2001 here.

Back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. :xp:

Anyway, I posted this over in the GF forum but might as well be redundant...in the time I first wrote the novel I started wanting to make a lot of changes, additions, and major tweaks (not to mention correcting gobs of typos). Some things needed to be improved, other things were a little embarassing in hindsight, and some things just weren't up to what I was aiming for.

Anyway, I've got the second edition right here. Unzip it and it's a big(ish) PDF including a cover plus two GF short stories at the end. I think the revision is a vast improvement (and I'm my hardest critic).

BTW, is LucasArts Fiction even maintained anymore? It'd be nice if the new version were mirrored somewhere. Maybe The DOD site (I've suggested it to it's webmaster). Maybe then I'll stop getting emails from people trying to find the novel. :D

Cool! Thanks!

Back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. :xp:

Anyway, I posted this over in the GF forum but might as well be redundant...in the time I first wrote the novel I started wanting to make a lot of changes, additions, and major tweaks (not to mention correcting gobs of typos). Some things needed to be improved, other things were a little embarassing in hindsight, and some things just weren't up to what I was aiming for.

Anyway, I've got the second edition right here. Unzip it and it's a big(ish) PDF including a cover plus two GF short stories at the end. I think the revision is a vast improvement (and I'm my hardest critic).

BTW, is LucasArts Fiction even maintained anymore? It'd be nice if the new version were mirrored somewhere. Maybe The DOD site (I've suggested it to it's webmaster). Maybe then I'll stop getting emails from people trying to find the novel. :D

• 1 month later...

This was a nice coincidence to find after not having checked these forums for a year :) LucasArts Fiction is... kind of in the Ninth Underworld at the moment. It's been there a long time, doing it tough, hitchhiking through the Land of the Dead, working where it can, hoping against hope that it may one day reach Puerto Zapato. In other words it's dead. I never got around to reactivating FTP after the last Mojo crash so I probably can't even access the site anymore.

Not like it's the only hosted site that's now a time capsule...

Archived