Home

Full retexture

Kabaal

Hey, i'm wondering if there is a mod that totally retextures the game to bring the graphics overall more up to date. I see that there are lots of individual files for individual areas and items, but i would love it if there's one that does the whole game in one go.

Cheers,

Kab.

I don't know of any mod that attempts that. Most of KotOR's textures are fairly low resolution, for whatever reason, but there really are quite a few textures in the game and it would take a very long time to remake them all, since you wouldn't so much be able to work off of the originals.

To be fairly honest, I don't know of any dedicated texture artists in this community. Not to say there aren't any, but if there are I haven't met them. Most people focus on other, more practical skills, like modeling or scripting, which are in higher demand. :)

It's possible but that would be a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really big file. Not to be rude but...

You want the impossible.

darthrevan243, you can't say something's possible and then immediately say it's impossible. It's very much not impossible, and most people who download full-replacement texture packs expect big files. For instance most of the texture replacement mods for TES4 are 1+ gb. :)

He simply asked if there already was such a mod, the answer to which I believe is no. The likelihood of there being one is fairly low, but certainly not impossible.

darthrevan243, you can't say something's possible and then immediately say it's impossible.

ah, but what Yoda wanted in the context of that quote was not, in fact, impossible. so it stands :xp:

on a more related note, as has been said, updating all the textures would be a massive job, but if there are any that stand out as need improving, they could probably be done. texturing is pretty easy, as you could use stock photography that would (obviously) bo photorealistic. not sure how it would translate, or the legailities, but it could work. idk.

Well I don't think the Force is going to help us in this instance. :p

Well, I am a member of some Polish forum and they updated a file like that.
Are you saying someone has done a texture pack? If so, a link would be more helpful to the original poster than simply saying it exists. ;)

Archived