Home

Darth Vader using LIGHTNING?!

In the upcoming game, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed when you play as Darth Vader, you can use lightning. The thing is, he can't!!

In Star Wars Episode III, Darth Sidious considers leaving Anakin because he can not use lightning! Why? You need living hands to cast it!

Darth Vader can not use lightning, because his hands(and most of his body) are made of metal, therefore he can not use lightning. I wonder if they got George Lucas' permission to give Darth Vader that power.

If anyone else notices this vital flaw, tell me what you think.

littleman794

(")>.<(")

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When in the movie does he consider leaving Anakin? There is no real mention in the movies that Anakin can't use lighting, he just never does. And I've heard that you have to have real hands to use lightning but where does this fact actually come from? Because in Episode III the game both Anakin and Darth Vader can use lighting.

Relax, take a breath, and look again :)

It's the Wii version you're talking about. It has this duel mode thing. And the whole thought behind this particular mode (as one of the developers explained) it to recreate the famous movie duels but WITH the apprentice powers.

And that's why Vader is using lightning. Concider it artistic license or a way to make this particular mode more interesting :D

EDIT: It is stated in several expanded Universe material that Palpatine would sometimes frighten Vader with force lightning since it would instantly kill his circuitry. It seems metalman realy can't use it...

OK, that makes sense since the lightning did basically kill him in RotJ.

In the announcement on SpikeTV last night they also showed Vader using lightning against the apprentice when you play as him in the first level, and I'm guessing they were showing the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions. Still not a big deal, the game is supposed to be over the top and all that.

I think it would be one thing to be attacked with Force lightning and a very different thing to use it. You would think, being as powerful as he is, that Vader would naturally be able to channel the lightning to avoid any obviously necessary circuitry (wasn't the majority in his torso?). Plus metal is a good electrical conductor -- he could channel it right down his arm like normal... you would suspect, anyway.

yes, but if electricity is FLOWING through the metal in him(which is touching his remaining flesh)it would still effect him at least a little.

So if he could use it, there should be a certain period of time as he recovers briefly before he can use it again.

It's the Wii version you're talking about. It has this duel mode thing. And the whole thought behind this particular mode (as one of the developers explained) it to recreate the famous movie duels but WITH the apprentice powers.

I'm not sure if that's the Wii version, but I think the PSP version has that as well. The goal of the duel mode is to give the player the chance to play those vital moments of the movies on the Wii/PSP, but indeed, with the Unleashed Force powers from the story mode.

I always thought that the LIGHTNING Power used the your body's static electricity (or the electrical shocks used by the nerves) and amplified them using the force. Yeah Vader and Anakin could use Lightning on the Ep 3 game, but I guess they just did it to make them more powerful

As far as I know, Vader can't use Force Lightning because of his armor.

"It should be noted that Darth Vader, despite being a powerful Sith Lord, was unable to generate or deflect Force lightning. This was due to his cybernetic implants, and any attempt by Vader to generate it would cause it to backfire, electrocuting his life-support systems, causing it to short-circuit and kill him."

Taken from Wookieepedia.

exactly pho3nix!

so darth vader can NOT use lightning! So they are controdicting the fact that darth vader can not use lightning, no matter how powerful he is with the force.

it's simple logic!!

i think someone should tell them or george lucas...

(")>.<(")

i think someone should tell them or george lucas...

(")>.<(")

I hope you are kidding. The purpose of the game is "To kickass with the force". Who really cares about one detail that is so small ? I would be more worry with the story of the game then that detail. Or the fact, that if you really noob you could probaly die as Vader ^^ How would that look to the cannon :lol: "Darth Vader was infact not killed at the Death Star after throwing the Empire down a pit, he truly died by a raging wookie when he had his elite batlion of Stormtropper covering his back"

I hope you are kidding. The purpose of the game is "To kickass with the force". Who really cares about one detail that is so small ? I would be more worry with the story of the game then that detail. Or the fact, that if you really noob you could probaly die as Vader ^^ How would that look to the cannon :lol: "Darth Vader was infact not killed at the Death Star after throwing the Empire down a pit, he truly died by a raging wookie when he had his elite batlion of Stormtropper covering his back"

ya, your right....it's not that big a deal, BUT IT IS STILL ANNOYING, right?:giveup:

Well, think about this though. WHEN did Vader start not being able to use lightning. Maybe he is able to use it BEFORE the whole armor destruction thing as shown in the model. Its the extensive damage to his life support system that causes his unablility to use lightning.

So basically, its like how General Goofyous keeps coughing and stuff cause of internal damage to his life support system.

Hmmm...interesting theory, PoiuyWired.

You mean to say that...say, if the game starts 2 days after Anakin becomes Darth Vader. Which is before any canon information about him NOT being able to use lightning, the creators of this game have the freedom to DO make him use Lightning, but only have to provide a reason with it why he doesn't in the next canon material?

Because it sounds good. We KNOW there is a 'battle damaged' Vader toy out there. The damage there could be the reason he can't use it anymore :D

Archived