Home

Darth Vader using LIGHTNING?!

Logic rarely plays a part in space fantasy, the game mechanics must be non canon, but the chance to play a game like this will be cool

yes, but it defies Star Wars Logic...:rifle1:

Hmmm...interesting theory, PoiuyWired.

You mean to say that...say, if the game starts 2 days after Anakin becomes Darth Vader. Which is before any canon information about him NOT being able to use lightning, the creators of this game have the freedom to DO make him use Lightning, but only have to provide a reason with it why he doesn't in the next canon material?

Because it sounds good. We KNOW there is a 'battle damaged' Vader toy out there. The damage there could be the reason he can't use it anymore :D

Excellent point Ztalker, that may just be true, and you may have just finally calmed me down..I will have to do some research on that idea...

:yelbounc::yelbounc::yelbounc::yelbounc:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, think about this though. WHEN did Vader start not being able to use lightning. Maybe he is able to use it BEFORE the whole armor destruction thing as shown in the model. Its the extensive damage to his life support system that causes his unablility to use lightning.

So basically, its like how General Goofyous keeps coughing and stuff cause of internal damage to his life support system.

Well in Dark Lord: the Rise of Darth Vader, he's still recovering from the loss of his arms and legs and the grafting on of is suit when Palpatine says that his cyborg parts will make him never able to use force lightning. So there's really no way to fit the ability into canon once Darth Vader both has his armor and is up and walking around once he's had his lifesaving surgery after his fight with Ben Kenobi, no matter how you look at it.

oh, by the way guys.....hehe..PREPARE YOURSELVES, THIS MAY SOUND LIKE A REALLY STUPID QUESTION, BUT IT IS MOST LIKELY COMING FROM A VERY STUPID PERSON...aka:me.....

here goes: what is canon??

there! I typed it and now i feel twice as stupid....nonetheless, please answer it anyway...

hehe....:D

Thats what I was gonna link too :), yes canon is an "Official" version of a story, or Characters and events deemed part of the continuity by Lucas and his crew, Canon is separated into different levels, this is organized by Leland Chee and Lucas Licensing... Well... check the Link :D ^^^

cool, ok....I still don't understand much, but i don't really mind...

ill get someday soon....

Well in Dark Lord: the Rise of Darth Vader, he's still recovering from the loss of his arms and legs and the grafting on of is suit when Palpatine says that his cyborg parts will make him never able to use force lightning. So there's really no way to fit the ability into canon once Darth Vader both has his armor and is up and walking around once he's had his lifesaving surgery after his fight with Ben Kenobi, no matter how you look at it.

so, i guess that statement raps it up guys.

but, hey! It was one heck of a debate...!!:shadow:shadow

anyways...I wonder if the makers of the game might think twice about letting darth vader use lightning..

message:i am not really concluding this thread, feel free two keep on talking on this subject or another..

littleman794----(")>.<(")

You've got to imagine that this game is to Star Wars, what NBA Jam was to basketball, its set in the Basketball league, using real Players just with over the top skills, this is a canon story with canon Characters, it's just got caricatured Force Powers. the same thinking should be adopted with a lot of EU...

"The analogy is that every piece of published Star Wars fiction is a window into the 'real' Star Wars universe. Some windows are a bit foggier than others. Some are decidedly abstract. But each contains a nugget of truth to them. Like the great Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi said, 'many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.'"

It's just for the sake of the Game play, Mainly (From what I can tell) for the VS Mode

It's just for the sake of the Game play, Mainly (From what I can tell) for the VS Mode

That's exactly what it is, and why it's in there. It's one tiny point - what next? Are we going to complain because Vader's life support is flashing the wrong colours? :lol:

Yes! Lightbulbs don't burn out in Star Wars! :p

nice one!

yes, i realize that, but if someone takes a break from the game, that night in bed they realize that it is still not possible.No matter what!

Yes! Lightbulbs don't burn out in Star Wars![/Quote]

Did I just get 'served'? :xp:

But surely you understand my point?

yes, i realize that, but if someone takes a break from the game, that night in bed they realize that it is still not possible.No matter what!

Why is such a game ending thing? If you don't like that he has lightning for MP reasons or whatever, then don't use it!

What does it matter. Yes, we know he can't use lightning, those of us who read the EU do anyway. But the game makers took some artistic license. From the sounds of it it was for duel mode. And apparently its supposedly rediculous, because everyone and anyone can use "Dark Side" powers. (I use quotations because during the Killik novels there are discussions on if the force even has a Dark Side and Light Side, that its more how you use it)

If there is anything we should be arguing over its if Jedi who shouldn't use these powers can. Such as if Luke uses them, should he be allowed too?

If there is anything we should be arguing over its if Jedi who shouldn't use these powers can. Such as if Luke uses them, should he be allowed too?

nice point...so neither darth vader, luke, or any other jedi should be able to use force lightning!!

*hmph!!!*that is very annoying!!.....

If I were a maker of the game, I wouldn't care about multiplayer players being able to not use lightning as luke.....they could suck it up and play as the apprentice if the lightning power is thatspecial...

flamthro

Or it could be balanced somehow. I know Corran Horn for one can absorb power. I am not saying everyone can do it (I know Luke can, to a much lesser extent), but lets use creative thinking, rather then everyone being the same mix it up. Thats why I loved Jedi Academy's multiplayer, so many options, so many cool things that could happen.

true, but that still doesn't handle the fact that darth vader can not use lightning...

like jvstice said:

take that!

I know where your coming from Littleman, but the whole Idea of the game is to use ridicules powers that aren't "realistic" or true to the films, The Idea of an apprentice pulling a Star Destroyer out of orbit is so non canon its got supershadow (Wookiee it ;))written on it. This is where your earlier question about canon and its various levels come in to play.

eg: In the EU Sidious can create force storms in space and destroy entire new republic fleets, In the Films (Which are the highest canon) The Jedi and Sith don't use Powers anything near that magnitude.

The licensed Games and books are fantasy within the fantasy, certain aspects are to be taken with a pinch of salt. Besides with George signing off on it, maybe Vader CAN use lightning now... Bigger things have been ret-conned :)

Darth Vader MAY have used Force Lightning during the attack on the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, where he still had 3 natural limbs... :p

But I thought Vader's Force Lightning restrictions was nothing more than a theory mentioned in a few author interviews...

The licensed Games and books are fantasy within the fantasy, certain aspects are to be taken with a pinch of salt. Besides with George signing off on it, maybe Vader CAN use lightning now... Bigger things have been ret-conned :)

Oh no! If it does, then I'll... I'll... I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be pretty! Seriously, while I don't think Lucas is always choosing what's best for SW & the EU, some things should be left alone.

Archived