Home

Darth Vader using LIGHTNING?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I don't even see where Vader is using lightning in anything they've showed us so far (except duel mode screens and videos). Vader's choke is exclusive to him, and lightning is given to the apprentice.

I can't believe everyone overeacted over nothing.

EDIT:

Sorry, didn't see the post a couple above me saying the exact same thing.

No hard feelings meant to anyone.

Well, at a debate, you try to persuade the others by arguments. So far, it's basically nothing more then..."ZOMFG!!11 Vad0r uses lightning! Can't happen!" :xp:

I've seen good proof here that the single player Vader is just the one from the movies, without the lightning. But for 'honest match' reasons, he can use it in multiplayer, without frying his own behind off :)

Let's just leave it at that, shall we, gentleman/ladies?

^^^

Well for example MP has got players from different era's, which cant fight each other unless they can flow walk lol, whereas the SP game will probably have a canon plotline (Be it Darkside, Neutral or Lightside) thus being a higher lvl of canon :)

Google "Han shot first", Ret-Conn's are going on all the time ;). Joking aside, if the Vader using Lightning is just in MP then it's completely acceptable IMO.

Yes, and MP are done for fun, not realism. Cause normally Jedi or Sith would not call someone using a gun a "cheating m00b", and Jedis/Siths don't run around carrying flags/yasalamaris from one place to another, and none of them would squeal like those annoying chipmunk kids with balls between a garlic grinder.

Yes, and MP are done for fun, not realism. Cause normally Jedi or Sith would not call someone using a gun a "cheating m00b", and Jedis/Siths don't run around carrying flags/yasalamaris from one place to another, and none of them would squeal like those annoying chipmunk kids with balls between a garlic grinder.

And most of those things you've mentioned are exactly the reason why I don't play online :lol:

• 2 months later...

Vader never had his training fully completed by Palpatine because palps wanted to hold onto power for as long as possible. On top of that, you have to have conduits of living tissue to be able to use force lightning. So Vader is screwed on two fronts.

In MOTS, you could play as Vader in multilayer and outfit him with force lightning. Sure it didn't really fit into "reality," but it was still fun.

exactly pho3nix!

so darth vader can NOT use lightning! So they are controdicting the fact that darth vader can not use lightning, no matter how powerful he is with the force.

it's simple logic!!

i think someone should tell them or george lucas...

(")>.<(")

hello? duel mode! it's not canonical so such restrictions aren't very important...in ACTUAL gameplay (as in campaign) he can't use lightning. Instead he gets Choke.

• 1 month later...

He could always have gotten some kind of special apparatus for his prosthetic hands that allow him to cast Force Lightning or at least some kind of energy similar to Force Lightning. Kind of like how Lumiya got her prosthetic arms enhanced with energy bolt launchers.

He could always have gotten some kind of special apparatus for his prosthetic hands that allow him to cast Force Lightning or at least some kind of energy similar to Force Lightning. Kind of like how Lumiya got her prosthetic arms enhanced with energy bolt launchers.

He cannot use lightning! It's just for MP! Vader has no special "apparatus!" :swear:

Archived