Home

Darth Vader using LIGHTNING?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he can't...the time is set between the III and IV movies....

I know all about when it is set, and what is happening in the SW universe (Maybe a bit too much :)) and I agree with your reasoning, but what I was trying to say is, if George says that Vader can use lightning now (He hasn't to my knowledge, just making a point) then he can, Whether we like it or not GL is the Maker and everything must fit in with his vision of Star Wars, if not, it is considered C or N canon, Nothing is set in stone.

For the record I DON'T think Vader should use Lightning, the established reasons why he can't make sense to me. I'm just trying to explain that things change :)

^Dude, srsly, just because Vader can use lightning does not mean its the end of the world. The game is based is based on a Sci-Fi universe, and to make it more appealing they may have some little changes.

I was just kidding. I don't feel that strongly about it. Should've added a smiley. :)

I know all about when it is set, and what is happening in the SW universe (Maybe a bit too much :)) and I agree with your reasoning, but what I was trying to say is, if George says that Vader can use lightning now (He hasn't to my knowledge, just making a point) then he can, Whether we like it or not GL is the Maker and everything must fit in with his vision of Star Wars, if not, it is considered C or N canon, Nothing is set in stone.

For the record I DON'T think Vader should use Lightning, the established reasons why he can't make sense to me. I'm just trying to explain that things change :)

I guess he could do as major a rewrite as that, but from a keeping fans point of view, that really would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs to that vastly undercut his own characterization and people he's licenced to his franchise without some sort of explanation.

I guess he could do as major a rewrite as that, but from a keeping fans point of view, that really would be like killing the goose that lays the golden eggs to that vastly undercut his own characterization and people he's licenced to his franchise without some sort of explanation.

I severely doubt he would rewrite SW to such a degree, but I think adamqd's point is that, at the end of the day, GL can do what he likes with his creations, and no amount of complaining by fans can stop that.

We should count ourselves lucky - some things have massive rewrites (Enterprise, anyone?)

No, I don't. I personally don't have a problem whether Vader can use Lightning or not - there have been bigger controversies in Star Wars.

It's really not worth getting worked up over, man - just play the game when it comes out, and enjoy it! I know I will :)

God, this thread is getting annoying.

exactly!!!

It's really not worth getting worked up over, man - just play the game when it comes out, and enjoy it! I know I will :)

i will enjoy it! and your making it sound like im a lot more worked up than i actually am....like i said in the first post: i just thought it was a pretty bad flaw, that is all....

i hope no one here thinks this is an arguement.....it is in fact a debate...

so i hope no one is getting any hard feelings, cuz i still think all you guys are pretty cool and im not trying to make any enemies out of this....

:xp::xp:

Oh My God.

This thread was n00b-tastic; now it is just plain retarded.

I'd normally respond: "It's a fantasy film! GET OVER IT!", but it's a GAME based on a fantasy film. It's a whole new level of pointless nitpicking. It may have escaped some people's attention but the whole game is insanely over the top. There's a completely unknown character raping the universe with the force, and some lightning gets up your nose? It's supposed to be a bit of fun.

yes, but it defies Star Wars Logic...

Does Star Wars really have much logic!? Its Star Wars!

Back on topic: It really doesn't matter all that much to me is Darth Vader actually gets to use force lightning in TFU. It will still be an awesome game. I think that if Darth Vader actually can use Force Lightning, it would have been a mistake that would have gone unnoticed...

it would have been a mistake that would have gone unnoticed...

yes, that is possible...that, or he is so ripped with the force that he can heal himself so fast that you don't even notice he was hurt......but i dont like that idea, i like the mistake possibility better...

ps, did anyone see the force unleashed on gametrailers tv lastnight??(i watched it on spike tv)

Relax everyone, in the singleplayer, Vader can't, he CAN't use force lightning. The apprentice uses lightning, but instead, Vader gets force choke. In duel mode however, he can use it but that's probably for gameplay and balancing reasons or something.

Well, there is generally two ways to do multiplayer.

1) You get different characters with different abilities. You need to balance everyone, do a bunch of playtesting, and balance more. Think Pikachu vs Sonic vs Mario vs Falcon Punch!!!

2) You have AVATARS of different characters. Other than that, everyone is the same. You are either given a set of base abilities, or given a bunch of stuff to choose from, think JK series.

I think they are doing it like the JK series where character models are in no way related to how you play them in multiplayer, theya re just... models. SO you can do stuff like force grip boba or DS ObiWan or Sith JarJar.

Relax everyone, in the singleplayer, Vader can't, he CAN't use force lightning. The apprentice uses lightning, but instead, Vader gets force choke. In duel mode however, he can use it but that's probably for gameplay and balancing reasons or something.

well, that's a plus......

Archived