Home

Assassins Creed Recommendation

Taak Farst

Hey guys on April 11th I was thinking of getting the PC version of Assassin's Creed but I have a few doubts about it. Maybe someone can tell me there thoughts of it? A friend said not to buy it because you do the same stuff all the time and you cannot even free-roam at the end of the game when you do all missions. I am not sure. Anyway please say your thoughts.

At the end of the game you get to free roam all you want, even do over some of the missions. (I have the Xbox version, so after beating the game I tried to get achievements)

The game is a little repetitive but you get to do some cool finishing moves and freak out bystanders ( :xp: ) I like the game and I would recommend it to you

Here is a sweet review of the game (warning: some language)

Hey, wait a minute. I thought the pc version of AC was only designed to run correctly on theoretical space computers that secretly orbited the earth, using their vast arrays of cpu cores to gather information on all it's citizens. :confused:

Truth be told, it is repetitive but what they have you repeat doing is awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed simply just running around the city and climbing buildings.

These are the recommended system requirements according to Wiki:

* Supported OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista only

* Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel® Pentium® D or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core® 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

* RAM: 1 GB Windows Xp / 2 GB Windows Vista

* 256 MB DirectX® 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher

* Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0 or DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

* DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive or blu-ray disc

* Hard Drive Space: 11 GB

* Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

Doesn't seem to be any higher than Crysis. And they're taking an Xbox 360 game to PC so I figure any newer computer that can handle Crysis at medium can probably handle Assassin's Creed at high. Maybe.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Assassin's Creed

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

RAM: 2 GB

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card

HDD Space: 12GB

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0

Crysis

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista), Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista), AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or better

RAM: 1GB (1.5GB on Windows Vista)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or better

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DirectX Version: DX9.0c or DX10

And it won't even run well wth those specs. :indif:

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

Assassin's Creed

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better

RAM: 3GB

Video Card: 512 MB Card

Sound Card: 5.1 Sound Card

Crysis

Processor: Core 2 Duo/Athlon X2 or better

RAM: 1.5GB

Video Card: NVIDIA 7800 Series, ATI Radeon 1800 Series or better

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DirectX Version: DX9.0c or DX10

RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENTS

Assassin's Creed

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better

RAM: 3GB

Video Card: 512 MB Card

Sound Card: 5.1 Sound Card

Not according to Ubisoft.

As far as I know, none of that is any higher than Crysis, and neither game takes as monstrous a PC to run as people think. My CPU doesn't even match the recommended specs for Crysis, and yet I'm easily able to play on 1280x960 on all high settings.

Boba, you're thinking of Crysis.

Nah, Crysis will run on a computer that runs HL2 fairly well. problem is that you need to buy a $500 graphics card to make it run right. Even then, i don't think the plot sounds good enough to play. *cough* Halo Knockoff *cough*

Nah, Crysis will run on a computer that runs HL2 fairly well. problem is that you need to buy a $500 graphics card to make it run right. Even then, i don't think the plot sounds good enough to play. *cough* Halo Knockoff *cough*

Halo Knockoff? How, exactly?

I would recommend it, its good, but I prefer many games over it, just my opinion though.

Half-Life 1 was released in 1998, so your comment has no basis.

Halo Knockoff? How, exactly?

I would recommend it, its good, but I prefer many games over it, just my opinion though.

On the back of the box, It says" Fight off an alien terror trying to destroy the universe" or something like that. And HL2 means Half-Life 2. :xp:

Crysis' only redeeming quality is the INCREDIBLY shiny graphics. Aside from that, it's mostly just Far Cry with Korean enemies and aliens. And Far Cry was not good. Telescopic Vision spots you in a bush, five miles away! Sniped!

I'd direct you to the Zero Punctuation review since that pretty much showcases my perspective of the game, but it's not exactly a squeaky-clean review.

The thing about Assassin's Creed is that you're doing the same few tasks again... and again... and again but here's the important part: You don't actually care because it does it with style.

Rhett's right -- just climbing over buildings and sneaking up on unsuspecting guards results in glee.

Plus, the way the story unfolds is pretty interesting. I'd give it a glowing recommendation. Definitely worth buying.

Seems to run fine and dandy on my rig at a smooth and consistent 40 fps. Install took a while (8GBs!) and the menus are stupid and clunky (wtf Ubisoft), but the action and the visuals are super sexy. :3

My specs, btw:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

Sound Card: Onboard (go go realtek yay)

HDD Space: 320GB

I was bored out of my mind with it. Like, the first town/hit you go to is cool, then the next town; climb the same building, save the same pedestrians, gather info exactly the same as before, make the kill. Wash rinse repeat. If that sounds fun go for it, personally I'd rather slam my head into a wall than play that POS again.

Rental(360) or wait for a price drop.

My specs, btw:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz

RAM: 4 GB

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT

Sound Card: Onboard (go go realtek yay)

HDD Space: 320GB

Holy crap, Nine, do you have an Alienware PC?

I've got just about the same rig as Niner, though my CPU is a Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, and I get a steady 30-40 FPS at 1680x1050 with all settings on max (except for Multisampling, which is at medium).

I can definitely see what people mean about the repetitiveness, but fortunately, everything it has you repeating is crazy fun. I could literally spend a couple hours just bounding across buildings. The graphics are excellent, the controls handle well, and it runs very smoothly, so I'd definitely say this is a great buy.

Archived