Home

what dissapoints me

I still think that if you're trained to use them, you will be able to use them with such eliteness that there's hardly any way someone will be able to stop you with them.

Still, they do have a stupid design, at best.

And when I'm talking about Mace using Vaapad and his saber to negate the effects of the Force, I'm talking about when he used it to block the Force Storm power. I know why he can block the lightning.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's nothing to do with what form they use. Mace Windu was the only one who used Vaapad (with the exception of maybe Sora Bulq), yet in AOTC Obi Wan can block lightning with a lightsaber.

It's just something the lightsaber does, about level with deflecting blaster bolts.

I understand where secretvader is coming from because a lot of sources state Mace Windu, with use of Vaapad, could reflect the lightning back to its source with a "superconducting loop" (ROTS Novel) which to me sound's like his style does afford him that skill. but my theory is that the Lightning would ground itself on the Blade ala Obi in AOTC.

anyway, on topic: Tonfa's are no good as Sabers IMO (In theory, TFU may make it work?) but the Reverse grip doesn't bother me.

I've read somewhere the developpers gave him the reverse grip because the player mostly sees the back of the apprentice. Because the lightsaber is such an iconic weapon for the jedi/sith, they decided to give him the reverse grip so it allows the player to see it all the time in the hands of the apprentice. Plus it adds something new we've not really seen before and I think it looks rather nice.

• 2 weeks later...

it would work quite well for stabing people and doing sallow slashes in front of you but not all that useful for sabre fightings as you would get your arm cut off but i really hope they do let you use the 7 different styles

God, some people are just way too orthodox. What's it matter if he's not holding it on the usual way? It's cool. :doo1:

Agreed, 100%. Additionally, and not that it matters, but lots of people in the real world do things differently. I've seen people hold pencils/pens all crazy in their hands, but they write just as well. Some pitchers have strange wind-ups or unorthodox ball deliveries but they pitch just the same, if not better. Left-handed people do everything weird, IMO. Who cares? Perhaps the SA feels like a total badass, and holds his saber that way to taunt his opponents. What does it matter? I think it looks cool.

Good call, Serpentine. I'd never thought of that. I always thought it would be really cool if a quarterback was totally ambidextrous (and talented, of course), and could throw from either hand on the run. He would have no limits on plays to be run, unpredictability, and he would be especially effective on bootlegs. I guess the same could be said for a Jedi. Although I'd imagine many of them are pretty ambidextrous since they can wield two lightsabers pretty handily and the double lightsaber probably requires some ambidextrosity as well (ok so it's not a word, but it makes sense here).

Just wait till they come out with an ambidextrous Jedi with a p4wnz0r hand-switching style, the lightsaber dancing between his hands faster than the opponent can follow. It'd be like in Princess Bride: "I have something to tell you. I am not left-handed."

That's harder than it looks.

I'm ambidextrous, and I can say that switching hands fast as if you didn't had any off-hand is kinda hard to do. We (at least I do) need ten seconds to fully change hands.

I'm ambidextrous, and I can say that switching hands fast as if you didn't had any off-hand is kinda hard to do. We (at least I do) need ten seconds to fully change hands.

Oh. Well, you could always fall back on the "Well they're Jedi, they can do almost anything," card.

/exaggeration.

Practice.

But its true that even for the ambidextrous few have "off-hand" when it comes to specific tasks. I can only write/fps well with my right hand.

But yes, switching hands is useful in swordfights. Remember, you usually get a few inches more if you stab with the left hand, amongst other things such as different attack angles and distance.

• 3 months later...

I'm somewhat ambidextrous, I taught myself to play the drums left and right handed, it's fun :D

Its a form that would nullify the advantages of BOTH the tonfa and the lightsaber AT THE SAME TIME.

Go try something like that at a sparring session and you can see how many times you would be pwn3d trying to use a weapon like that. That is why she deserves to be killid by SA I guess.

Whoever adapted the tonfa to be used as a weapon is turning in his grave every time Maris Brood's ludicrous weapons are mentioned.

Whoever adapted the tonfa to be used as a weapon is turning in his grave every time Maris Brood's ludicrous weapons are mentioned.

I am a Balck Belt in karate, and using tonfas as a weapon isn't as hard as it seems. The saber tonfa is a little ludicrous, but with some training, it's doable.

Archived