Home

A few probs and Q's

Ok so first off the auto announcments keep scrolling at the top, almost as if to catch up with what I missed.

It later stops and posts them all up one after the other all at once, and then continues normally with the 1:00 min duration after all that.

I will have a video on my xfire here soon, which btw is...

"gamingfront"

Also my friend cannot connect with his remote manager, he checked and made sure he had the right version and all, so I want be sure I can do all that this saturday in our meeting.

Any help with this please.

The auto-announcements will do that when the first person enters the server and the server has been running for a while. That's exactly what it's doing.. "catching up". You're seeing the announcements that would have displayed to players had there been any in the server.

The only way around this is to set the minimum players to 1. This has the server sitting in limbo until someone joins it. When someone joins, the server runs the first map in the rotation and starts the announcements.

Your remote manager problem could stem from a number of reasons. The BBO RM should be giving the person trying to connect an error message. What is it?

My first guess would be wrong port. When your friend tries to connect.. have him use the remote manager connecting through port 3558 instead of what you have the BBO server rcon port set for.

The right version of the remote manager has to be the same version as the server version you're running. If you're running 1.10 the remote manager also has to be 1.10. If you're running the 1.08 version.. the remote manager also has to be the 1.08 version.

Also... if your friend is on Vista.. he may have to run the program as administrator by right clicking on the start up icon for the BBO remote manager.

GL!

thx for the help, about the announcments, I have it set to 1, and it apears to be working as everytime I check the server window, it still says reinforcments are the same and the same map and all, but it still does this

I will see if my friend has vista, I'm not sure, thx

I will post back later if I still have probs

ok so I made sure that it was set to minimum of one and it is and has been the whole time, and it still does this, is it a glitch, because I really want it fixed

and I'm having trouble figureing out where my modem is to open ports, lol, but I'm gonna wait till my dad gets home for some help, I have a netgear so if anyone has on of theses please try and help me out

and I'm having trouble figureing out where my modem is to open ports, lol, but I'm gonna wait till my dad gets home for some help, I have a netgear so if anyone has on of theses please try and help me out

For the records... you don't need to do anything with ports on your "modem"..... but you do need to make sure the appropriate port forwarding is setup in your router.

For instance, if you are using say port 3000 for remote manager access... you'll need to make sure the router has portforwarding setup for port 3000 so that it sends all that traffic to the ip address of your game-server computer.

it goes something like this....

your friend tries to connect to: 200.20.20.20:4000

where 200.20.20.20 is the external IP address of your router.

Your router "answers the call" and sees that someone is calling a specific port...port #4000. It looks in it's port-forwarding table (if you've set it up) and sees that any traffic arriving from the internet seeking port 4000 should be sent to your game-server-computer and not mom's kitchen computer which might also be connected to the router.

Basically the router uses the 4000 to know which of your home computers that "call" should be made/forwarded to....

Hope that helps a wee bit...

Archived