Home

[TSL] Heavy Paladin Armour

Master_Crush

Can anyone make a reskin of any Heavy armour and make it Gold and Metal Gray?

And if you can change the stats so it is resistant to lightside, and is 50% resistant to DS.

A new sword for this would be great too. You can reskin the Vibro-Sword to make it match armour, and change stats to Slay RB 100% DS, with resistance to LS.

Thanks.

(And I know I have put alot of requests in lately, I would delete them, but it won't let me!)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if HdVaderII is taking this or not, but I was curious about it. You're mainly looking for a reskin of the heaviest armor with stats that restrict it to LS players, 100% immunity to LS, 50% immunity to DS? Anything else, like defense bonuses against alignments, damage resistance against alignments? With perhaps the general sorts of things one would expect heavy plate armor to be pretty good against, like slashing damage, etc? Do you want it upgradeable and how upgradeable? Since it's so related to Force alignment, and IIRC Paladins can use magic, do you want the armor not to restrict the Force? And if in that case, would you want the armor to have any extras for Force users?

And the sword, you're also looking for just a reskin of a vibro-blade? Restricted to LS, with a high damage bonus vs DS? Maybe a high attack bonus vs DS? Fully upgradeable, not upgradeable at all? I'm not sure what sort of item enhancement bonuses go with or do, and Slay can't be assigned to an alignment.

Sorry if this has been accepted already, I don't want to step on toes.

Jake told me that he was working on a light Paladin Armor, so he might do this as well. And release it as a pack... although, he ain't that great at reskinnin yet... so it might not look too great. (His Laptop fell and broke a couple of nights ago... otherwise he'd tell you this himself.)

As I don't want to step on toes, if someone else is already doing this, I'll leave it for that, or maybe collaborate? I don't know :) Anyhow, Master_Crush, it'll take a bit to do the reskinning, but I've already got a mod I made for myself that creates a category for non-Force restricting heavy armor, so it wouldn't be too hard to adapt it for this at all.

I'll see what kind of reskin I can make and get a screenshot for you as soon as there's something worth looking at...I can't guarantee immediate results, but I'll see what I can do.

I'm a little late to this, but I'd be willing to do a version of this armor too, since it sounds like something I'd be able to do. I mean, if other people are doing it that's fine, but I could do it too is all I'm saying, just for variety. Either way: Just throwin' that out there. :)

Not a bad idea, though I don't like the idea of having you decide who's better. It really boils down to opinion and I'd hate to see someone get offended.

Why don't you just let us make you armor and then you can choose which one to use yourself. :)

Do you have any source pics? Like, pictures of what you're trying to get across?

I threw something together: I have a few more ideas and I'll get those done later, but I wanted to try my hand at something from scratch first. It came out ok, I'm not too too fond of it, but if you like it, cool. If not, no worries.

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=testhr1.jpg

By the way, are you sure you want it to be on the H class armor type? I always thought G looked better, but it's your call.

What, about the G/H armor? Do you not want to to be G, or H?

And, I refined what I posted earlier a bit. Take a look:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/379/test2zl1.jpg

I've been using some older skins I made as a base, so it isn't too painful to bang out updates if there's more you'd want done.

Er, the crotch has camel feet... :eyeraise:

Anyways, I prefer the previous skin IMO.

Also, do you think you could make this for K1 as well? It's great! :D

I'm going a bit slow, but here's what I've done so far--mostly as a base to start working from; I'm not done making a cleaner slate to start from just yet:

palarmor1.jpg

palarmor2.jpg

I've got the .uti made for the armor and most of what would need to be done with the .2da set up for it. It'll use TSLpatcher so the armor should be compatible with anything. The sword I will wait to reskin until the armor is done so it can match, but the .uti for it is almost complete.

I did want to ask what you thought about the cloth part--I'd considered making it look like scale mail, but wanted to know if that sounds OK or if chain would be better, or to leave it as cloth. What about decoration? Being paladin mail, I thought it might be a bit more ornate than Star Wars armor--that's you're call though. I'm also going to do a female version so it doesn't go crazy, I just happened to start with the male version first. (I'll probably re-use these image names so they might change, or I'll edit them out as progress is made.)

Oh, and this is the G armor, the texture is right out of the game.... http://www.princessartemis.com/remote/garmor1.jpg

I like the yellow cloth on that one, PA. Very nice so far!

I've tweaked my skin a bit more and I think it's pretty much done. I'll post some pictures once I get it in-game. By the way, I haven't posted pictures of the female version yet but I do have one. I just don't know how it'll look... I mostly do them for the sake of having them only: they generally turn out weird, because of the model. But whatever.

Archived