Home

[TSL] Heavy Paladin Armour

Master_Crush

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, yeah, it's in post #45, higher up the page than I thought.

I'm still working on a version of the helmet that matches the armor I made. Alas I am slow--I've never skinned something from scratch before, but I'm sorta getting somewhere with it.

Anyhow, as for Force powers, that's something I'm so not ready to touch yet.

I dunno if anyone read that post where I was all like "this would make a good Sith helmet".

I made a skin that kinda combines the original with the one I've been working on. I might do a few more changes... but I've already made the screenshot, so whatever. I'm starting to form an idea of where I'd like to see the mask implemented (outside the mod, just where it'd look cool), but that's an aside. Check out the skin:

sithmaskpl5.jpg

I dunno if anyone read that post where I was all like "this would make a good Sith helmet".

Well, feel free to use the model in any mod you want.

I know I'll get a good quality mod when you are behind it 90SK.

So if you got another plan(s) to use it do so :p

Looking forward to it.

These look pretty damn good in-game, but I thought they were way overpowered, so I tried to open the .uti files with KotORTool to nerf their stats. I got the error: "One or more drop down menus could not be set..." and the Base Item slot showed up blank. Since it's a heavy armor, I put it as "Defense Bonus 9" and quickly found myself unable to use my Force powers afterward, as if I were wearing an ordinary, crappy suit of heavy armor. I then tried leaving the Base Item slot blank, which resulted in the game crashing whenever I tried to spawn the armor in. A very similar thing happened to me with Chainz's Bao-Dur's Charged Armor, which is also supposed to not restrict the use of Force powers. Any ideas, anyone?

Uh-oh. That means that the UTI for my armor won't work: I edited it in KT.

Um, PA could you make a uti file for my armor? I think it's one texture veriation above yours. If you could make it the same way you made yours, that's be great. Sorry.

encinodude, that's a normal sort of reaction if you don't have Kotor Tool set up to read modded 2da files. Whatever the screen says in-game isn't quite accurate...I've got no idea why some of the stats on it show up the way they do. But if you want to nerf the armor, you have to open Kotor Tool and go to Tools --> Options --> Other, then check the box that lets Kotor Tool look in your game's override folder for 2das. That will let the drop down box for the base item fill in properly on the armor's .uti. In order to make a heavy armor that allows the use of the Force, the mod adds a new row to baseitems.2da. Kotor Tool will still read it as "Defense Bonus 9", but it should be at the bottom of the drop down list instead of with the rest of the armor classes (if you look at the actual 2da, it will be labeled "Armor_Class_9_Force_2", but that's just to keep track of things, nothing seems to read the label column except people and TSLPatcher, and that only if it is told to read it). 90SK, there was nothing wrong with the way you made the .uti for yours, the mod had to alter the .uti during the install in a way that makes Kotor Tool throw a fit if it can't read the 2da files from override, and it also makes it so that the .uti for the armor that works in my game won't necessarily work in someone else's--that is the best way I know to make sure the mod won't get in any other baseitems.2da altering mod's hair.

ETA: Of course, that means if you blow up your 2da's (goodness knows I've done that more than a few times...please don't ask me how many game saves I have from beta testing my Dustil NPC where he had a sudden identity crisis and dressed up like Bastila because the save can't find the right 2da row anymore) or clean out your Override, the armor is suddenly going to disagree with the game in potentially unpleasant ways.

Anyhow, that should let you both nerf the stats and make more non-Force restricting H model armor easily if you want to. Though if the armor isn't properly killing your dexterity the same way normal heavy armor of that class should, let me know and I'll see what I can do to change the way it alters that new 2da row. If Master_Crush isn't happy with the armor stats, I'll change them in the mod, but as far as I understand, that's pretty much the way he wanted it, very strong against DS with some defense against LS.

I am trying to get a handle on a skin for the helmet that matches my armor, but alas, it is slow going. Not sure what sort of things the helmet should do, in any case--I think maybe some of the armor stats should be moved to the helmet once it's in the mod. I think that'll balance things a bit more, force you to give up more things to get the full armor effect if it is overpowered...though game balance is hardly one of my strong suits.

Animations for the sword? This is getting pretty busy! What sort of animations are being made? I personally am not releasing the mod beyond this thread until everything is in place and we're all agreed that it's good to go. Though if 90SK wants me to take it down for now, I'm cool with that, it would take all of a minute to do it :)

SS is doing this: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=188268

He's having a go at it.

And I think it will make the mod all that better.

Ah, OK. Personally, I wouldn't want that in my game (it's too much fun watching people corner each other with swords or cut their own arms off operating computer consoles, even if it can be annoying...though there's the possibility of watching someone accidentally stab the person behind them...), but it likely wouldn't be hard to add it to this mod so it would be a collection rather than a single install mod.

I think sheathing or holstering weapons would be a better idea, though out of the question in all likelihood.

encinodude, that's a normal sort of reaction if you don't have Kotor Tool set up to read modded 2da files. Whatever the screen says in-game isn't quite accurate...I've got no idea why some of the stats on it show up the way they do. But if you want to nerf the armor, you have to open Kotor Tool and go to Tools --> Options --> Other, then check the box that lets Kotor Tool look in your game's override folder for 2das. That will let the drop down box for the base item fill in properly on the armor's .uti. In order to make a heavy armor that allows the use of the Force, the mod adds a new row to baseitems.2da. Kotor Tool will still read it as "Defense Bonus 9", but it should be at the bottom of the drop down list instead of with the rest of the armor classes (if you look at the actual 2da, it will be labeled "Armor_Class_9_Force_2", but that's just to keep track of things, nothing seems to read the label column except people and TSLPatcher, and that only if it is told to read it). 90SK, there was nothing wrong with the way you made the .uti for yours, the mod had to alter the .uti during the install in a way that makes Kotor Tool throw a fit if it can't read the 2da files from override, and it also makes it so that the .uti for the armor that works in my game won't necessarily work in someone else's--that is the best way I know to make sure the mod won't get in any other baseitems.2da altering mod's hair.

Ah, such a simple solution to such a very painful problem. If only I'd found out earlier :(

Is anyone gonna try the Force Power idea?

This is a bump, you have been advised against 'bumping' your threads yet you persist? You have ignored my previous warning to you to not do so again as I know your read it cause you deleted the warning. Also removing the edit I made to you earlier in this thread wasn't too good to do on your part, and is also against the rules. In case you missed them before Forum Rules.

As a result of all this you are recieving an official warning for thread 'bumping' and spam and deleting mod edits, one more out of line post and your thread here will simply be closed, and FYI you may not re-create another one about this topic here if it does get closed.

Consider yourself warned. -RH

For now, alas, I give up on trying to skin the helmet to match my armor. I could do it, I think, but not well at this point. So, I guess I can PM 90SK about his/hers and see how Quanon would like to be credited. It'll need an .uti, of course, which means you, Master_Crush, need to give us some direction on what you think it should do. Personally I favor splitting the armor stats between the helmet and the armor, but it's your request, so speak up if you'd like it done differently.

Well I think of myself really as a middleman.

I requested this mod, but did not really make it. So I hold it that you (The modders) are actually incharge.

But if you do want my oppinion, then what you said was ok by me.

Ohh... And, PA. Do you want to try to make that Force Power?

Well I think of myself really as a middleman.

I requested this mod, but did not really make it. So I hold it that you (The modders) are actually incharge.

But if you do want my oppinion, then what you said was ok by me.

Ohh... And, PA. Do you want to try to make that Force Power?

All right then, sounds good.

As for the Force power, ohhhhh no. Someday I may try making a Force power, but right now I'm absolutely not ready for that particular challenge.

Archived