Home

What Does Your Name Mean?

Well this username dates back from the days my english was a bit worse than now. The english spelling of the nickname for my real name would be Iggy, but back in the day I thought it'd be fun to write it with one "g" and since I wanted to show that I'm a nice guy I decided to somehow add "the Man" into my username so I decided on "igyman".

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... there's no real meaning in Quanon what so ever.

Though I wanted to use another name, Slazzir... a weird deforming of Slayer or Slasher something, IIRC it must have gotten in my head in my period when I

use play Magic The Gathering.

Anyway somehow Slazzir wasn't avaible on this Forum or another place, so I needed something else weird sounding. So Quanon got formed; in the idea that the Q isn't often used in any language, well perhaps old Latin or something.

Anyway that's about it :p

Actually, I got the name from a tv series called "Charmed".

He only had half a face! :o

DarthDingDong came from my dad...

You know those huge bells you can get? The ones you see in church towers?

I walked into one when I was a small child, my dad started calling me Ding Dong to wind me up, and it stuck.

I added the Darth to make it Star Warsy and here we are!

Does Typing Random letters into your keyboard count as a meaning? :D Actually it's an anagram of one of the weirdest songs I'd ever heard. I leave it up to you to guess the song :xp: I use it for nearly every Net account I have, cept for either Kaged Loser Or Warlord

Rhett Fett would've rhymed. :disaprove

My initials are TK. I put them in lowercase when I registered because I didn't know if the username field was case sensitive and I didn't want always have to stretch my pinky to the shift key if I didn't need to.

We have tanks where I work. One of them is tank 102 and gets abbreviated TK102. Seemed a good enough designation. There is absolutely no stormtrooper reference implied, so I do not have a post which I am away from, thank you for asking. :)

........wow. What a way to shatter my reality. I forever thought it was a 'get back to your post' reference.

Anyway.... my name - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender_Wiggin

Ender the Xenocide is another one I use, for the same obvious reason.

_EW_

It means I got tired of seeing the "this name is already taken" message' date=' hence taking the most obscure I could think of.[/quote']

Death's head. Like Murph, got tired of seeing "name already taken" when I've had to pick a screenname elsewhere and decided to settle on this. Figured it had the virtue of being unlikely to be chosen by anyone else. Also, more original than Vader100282 or somesuch.

Death's head. Like Murph, got tired of seeing "name already taken" when I've had to pick a screenname elsewhere and decided to settle on this. Figured it had the virtue of being unlikely to be chosen by anyone else. Also, more original than Vader100282 or somesuch.

For real? Well, I thought it something on german...

mine hearkens to ye days of old when i played Unreal Tournament and Quake III a lot in multiplayer. ya know, back in the days when you didn't have lobbies and whatnot (and in some cases, you had to type in the IP address of the server you wanted to play on). *runs hands through the gray hairs*

at any rate, it was stinger for a while until i got really good at sniping when i added the "hs" onto the end to stand for "headshot". smack it together, and you got "stingerhs". i've been using that name in just about every forum or social networking site i've ever been to. so, if you seen the name somewhere else, it was probably me. :)

Around ... ten years ago someone showed me some dull Star Wars Name generator thing. The name I turned up with was Aleers Gensan. That same 'someone' suggested Alegis Gensan instead. I liked the name, and would later drop off the Gensan part and just go for Alegis. Later on I loathed the guy though for other reasons and never heard from again.

Considering it came from a generator that took the first 3 letters of your name, I found it a fitting alias. I'd use it anywhere, works fine as an RPG name too.

As to what it means? Well I guess that in ancient greek it means 'from Alex'. But that's rather a meaning that sprouted after 'I' came up with the name.

As for the LiWar part, it was the second half of a name generator. The first half seemed kind of dumb and after a while i dropped it completely. I guess Li is a unit of measurement in chinese and i think war speaks for itself

The general part came about around the time I got battlefront 2. My friends joked i was the general because of how good i was at halo and battlefront 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived