Home

What Does Your Name Mean?

Well I got this name from the Taos mountain range in New Mexico, which I have never seen nor do I live anywhere near. I just like the way the word sounded.

And Taos used to be an alcholic beverage back in the day....and I've drank a few adult beverages in my time, so I thought it was only fitting. :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made my name up with a twisted dream that looked like something made by a physical cross between Picasso, H.R. Giger, Escher and Salvador Dali where one of the bucket-wearing Gauls had butterfly wings and sabres for teeth. I thought that was a cool name, so I picked it.

Noting the fame I would then achieve, a species of extinct tigers was named after me, as was a character from the X-Men. I'm a very influential personality.

JD-Rom is an obvious portmanteau of CD-Rom and (this one's not so obvious) another word: My real-life nickname. I've started using this username universally because it's hard to memorize dozens of different usernames. Ironically, this was also my FIRST username, just without the hyphen. I used that first username for a localized, Korean MMORPG I once played.

Edit: Also, I chose this because the "Rom" part in CD-Rom could also be used as an abbreviation for my last name.

MdKnightR is a nickname I began using on IRC some 10-12 years ago. 9 characters was the most you could have on Undernet at the time (maybe still that way....haven't chatted in a looonnnngggggg time). It was an abbreviation of "MidKnight Reign" which is a band project I started shortly after high school.

I can't remember how I came up with my name (Damn you, Guitar Hero!). What I remember the day I joined, my friend said, "You DA MAN!" after I owned him in Battlefront. ANd DA Man was taken, so I just added an underscore.

My username on Newgrounds is MetaLizard, and I'm not exactly sure how i came up with it. I remember it's some obscure referance to Metroid and Sonic at the same time. Wierd.

I've always liked BMW cars, and eventually saved up enough to buy an older one that's seen it's fair share of miles(260,000mi), which I now race(legally, no fast and furious stupidity) every chance I get. Original engine is still running strong, and the car itself hasn't had any major problems! I do my own maintenance too.

I'm also studying to be a motorsport engineer in the vehicle dynamics area, with the goal of working for BMW-Sauber F1.

So for all those reasons I chose my name as Bimmerman.

My story:

Seven years ago. Linkin Park rocked my world. The bass players nickname was Phoenix, thought it looked too "plain" and added the 3 instead of an e.

I've been carrying the curse of my user name ever since.

p.s Linkin Park still rocks :xp:

*hides*

My story:

Seven years ago. Linkin Park rocked my world. The bass players nickname was Phoenix, thought it looked too "plain" and added the 3 instead of an e.

I've been carrying the curse of my user name ever since.

p.s Linkin Park still rocks :xp:

*hides*

"Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned that you had escaped the 2003 Linkin Park Craze alive! He has promised a great reward to whoever destroys you!" :lol:

I chose my name Thanatos9t because Thanatos is the Greek God of Death (Not Hades which is a common misconception who is actually King/Lord of the Dead.)

Also Thanatos is close to my real name (Thomas), he has a twin brother Hypnos the God of sleep, my twin brother in real life uses the forum name Knightmare (though not on these boards.)

As for the 9t part Thanatos was taken already.

It's nice to see where you all got your names. My name, well.... In 8th grade I was going to play Counter-Strike with my friends and I wanted to come up with some sort of "cool" name, and I randomly picked Serpentine Cougar. (Though not too random; I like big cats like tigers and lions, etc. and I was born in the year of the snake). I've used that nick on the internet ever since. I didn't think it would fit on here, though, so I just went with the first part. And "Darth Serpentine" just sounds cool, anyway.

I stole my user name from my K3 fan-fic and the soon-to-be party member, Ferc Kast. I usually play as Ferc Kast in K1 & K2...Kast I got from the KotOR Name Generator. I just thought "What the Force?" when I was going through the name generator. It suddenly dawned on me on then; I took out the o and moved the e...Thus, Ferc came to be. (Creative, no?)

My original user name, jcoolZombie, came from most of my online accounts. j being my first initial; "cool" because I feel that way about myself, despite not having many friends; "Zombie" because it's my favorite mythological creature/thing.

Cygnus (constellation), a northern constellation and one of Ptolemy's 48 constellations

Cygnus X-1, a binary star located within the constellation

The Cygnus X-1 duology is a pair of epic songs by the classic rock band Rush, the songs being about a trip to Cygnus X-1

Cycnus, a character in Greek Mythology after whom the constellation was named

It was also the name of Dr. Reinhartd's ship in the 1979 Disney movie "The Black Hole.

I'm a Rogue myself (same name source) but Niner definitely picked the cooler Rogue. <3

Idk, Inyri is a pretty cool pilot, AND she saved Rogue Nine's life (depends on which one you go with, i guess).

But I will admit, Corran Horn (one of the Rogue Nines) is damn cool! Especially his green X wing.

As for my name, it's based on the character I used in TSL

The Source

If you think its because I'm a MacLeod, and I got it from the movie "Highlander: The Source", I have some bad new for you. Nope. Lol... I think that would be too easy.

Actually, I got the name from a tv series called "Charmed". One of the greatest villans of the series is called "The Source". He represents the source of all evil. I was attracted to the concept and character, so I decided to apply it as a screen name. :)

MacLeodCorp.

Many people around here know me as "MacLeodCorp.". I have an attraction to characters that are dark. If you are a big "Smallville" and "Superman" fan, you can see where I got the idea. Lex Luther's company is called "LexCorp." Lex's character type is something that I have grown up with. Since my father and I have a similar relationship as Lex and Linal Luther, I thought the screen name would be suitable. Lol... :) Guess who is Lex. Lol...

Archived