1. 1. Choose here

• Silver
    • Brown
    • Multi-Coloured
    • You don't need a new colour

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[girl]Ohh, pretty poodle pink! Just like my nail polish OMFG. Girl jedi's should have their fingernail polish match their lightsaber color! Wait, why am I talking about stupud Star Wars, that's for boys![/girl]

I'd think a black saber would be spiffy. Kinda like if jet could glow. Also white, because I'm all for an archetypal jedi.

Canon is canon. "EU canon" if it isn't Star Wars canon is a fairly silly concept.

I don't know if the other lightsaber colors are canon, but I suspect they are at this point. Green/blue only never really made sense to me anyway. I find that concept silly... 'sif the only crystals out there would be blue and green. PFFT.

Canon is canon. "EU canon" if it isn't Star Wars canon is a fairly silly concept.[/Quote]

QFT.

I don't know if the other lightsaber colors are canon, but I suspect they are at this point.

Silver definately is - all Imperial Knights (Legacy Era) carry a standardised silver lightsaber:

Imperialknights.jpg

I hope this isnt construed as continuing the 'canon fight', but:

Legacy is definately Canon - all the issues have 'Lucas Books' on the back, and Legacy Era things pop up in the RPG books, and the collectable miniatures game, so i'd say that it's definately canon.

So, by extension, and including what Corinthian mentioned regarding Corran Horn, Silver lightsaber crystals are definately official.

I really don't care if they were to put in extra colors, but please do NOT use black. That would look just awful! Plus there is no such thing is a black light. I still to this day do NOT understand the obsession some people have with the idea of a black lightsaber.

I really don't care if they were to put in extra colors, but please do NOT use black. That would look just awful! Plus there is no such thing is a black light. I still to this day do NOT understand the obsession some people have with the idea of a black lightsaber.

It must be something related to the attraction people have with challenging the most basic physic laws.

It must be something related to the attraction people have with challenging the most basic physic laws.

Yup, because EVERYONE knows that if you break and defeat one of the universe's laws, you'll gain the ability to bend and twist reality! That would be awesome! :D

Back on topic: I think it would be a good idea to have the new colors as lighter and slightly darker versions of the standard, common colors. We already have Veridian, Orange(or Gold;REAL Gold, not Bronze Orange) and Cyan, now we just need Pink, a Pale-ish Yellow and Blue, Crimson/Burgundy, Peach... :xp:

Off-Topic: Although I would prefer if they had almost every variant of a Light[place melee weapon here] (excluding Axes and Blunts;they should feature these normal melee weapons more) imaginable, canon or to be canon. I always wanted an energy-bladed polearm. ;)

Well we really don't need a new color, since all of the essential ones have been covered already (i.e. blue, green, violet, red, etc.) It would be nice to be able to get a "Silver" lightsaber more often than not in the 3rd installment.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't we have a Turqoise lightsaber already? Or is Viridian something else?

I thought Viridian was silvery-green. There was Cyan, though, which is similar to turquoise.

There's no such thing as lightsabers either. I think a black lightsaber could look really good, if it was iridescent like the rest of them.

As for breaking the laws of physics, lightsabers do that in and of themselves so I have no problem suspending belief for a black light as well. The only criterion I would have is that the wielder be seriously badass.

Archived