Home

New Leaked Clone Wars Trailer

Sabretooth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... It's good to see some OT reference in there

It seems to me that this is the sole reason for the new story. Obviously someone wanted more OT references, so they've bent the storyline to somehow include Jabba the Hutt.

The Republic, while in a full scale war against the CIS, entangling in the problems of a crime lord in a remote system which is not even important enough to enforce the Republic laws there - that is so not epic. I mean, I was hoping for some more twisted subtle orchestration by the great political mastermind Sidious than this.

Anyway, I still think the movie and TV episodes will be great: new intruiging characters, more lightsaber action, more clones, more Asajj Ventress, more Count Dooku, more Grievous - can't wait to see this, despite some minor letdowns in the story.

It seems to me that this is the sole reason for the new story. Obviously someone wanted more OT references, so they've bent the storyline to somehow include Jabba the Hutt.

The Republic, while in a full scale war against the CIS, entangling in the problems of a crime lord in a remote system which is not even important enough to enforce the Republic laws there - that is so not epic. I mean, I was hoping for some more twisted subtle orchestration by the great political mastermind Sidious than this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sidious is behind the kidnapping - after all, the Separatists won't do anything unless Dooku or Grievous orders them to, and they won't do anything unless Sidious commands it.

Well that's exactly what I was thinking (and what anyone will assume after seeing the video this thread is dedicated to). But I hoped for something more devilish than that. Ah well, in the end it doesn't really matter, it will be fun no matter what. But as far as teasers/trailers go, I liked the "Introducing the Clone Wars" video with Dave Filoni much better than this cinematic trailer.

BTW, anyone knows how the new series will fit into the existing Clone Wars timeline? I mean, since a Padawan is entrusted to Skywalker, I would expect it to be after his accolade somewhere in volume 2.

I agree, but this is 20 seconds of a teaser trailer, and the series is set to be multiple seasons, years of episodes... your gonna see non war material from time to time, my guess is this piece was used to attract the casual or OT crowd, not everyone is an EU-phile :)

BTW, anyone knows how the new series will fit into the existing Clone Wars timeline? I mean, since a Padawan is entrusted to Skywalker, I would expect it to be after his accolade somewhere in volume 2.

Anakin became a Knight after his actions in the battle of Praesitlyn, but that was only 6 months before ROTS, so there gonna have to spread a 6 month period over 100 episodes or ret-conn the old timeline.

sheesh...you internet kids.... sittin at your keybaords, always quick to can anything... lolz

How's the weather up on that high horse? :rolleyes:

All I can say is >> lets see *you* go do something better. Go on, get out your textas and pencils...and GO FOR IT :D

I didnt see one bit of JarJar in that = good.

Stop criticizing Jar-Jar. We all know your lack of similarly publicized and well-known characters leaves you in no place to do that.

My own inability to produce multi-million-dollar films doesn't cancel out personal taste. Lucas might be able to publicize his ideas better than I'm able, but that has nothing to do with whether I should like them. And frankly, ones like this that give me good reason not to.

Looks great to me.

I agree with Astro. There is a lot of "I don't like one out of context plot point, therefore it must be terrible" going on. :)

As for the style, overall I like it. The characters look slightly cartoony but still decent, and all the tech and environments look fantastic. But perhaps most importantly the action looks top notch.

The art style doesn't bother me.

I agree. In fact, it's quite the contrary, I've grown to really appreciate the boldness of this style. We have to leave the hyper-realist and/or manga style sometime. Which, by the way, the original Tartarskovsky's (sp?) Clone Wars never was.

This is as important as the Battle of Muunilist (Remember the original Clone Wars) was. The Hutts are a major political and economic power on the galaxy and Jabba alone has enough influen$e to convince the clans on joining the CIS, as Sidious himself says.

I think it looks great, I'm loving the art style personally. When they said Jabba's son immediately I thought "how do hutts have kids" *shudder* and yeah I don't like the yellow lightsaber, but overall it looks pretty kickass. It definitely feels like a Star Wars movie from the trailer.

..Stop criticizing Jar-Jar. We all know your lack of similarly publicized and well-known characters leaves you in no place to do that.

*sigh*

again, get out your calculator and slide rule and draw a graph for me of how many lines of dialogue Jar Jar had over the 3 PT films.

Jar Jar was a failure as a character, the overwhelming fan response was heeded well by Messrs. Lucas and McCallum.

If GL says no, thats it :) Nothing your pinings about taste and opinion are going to do will change this. Opinion is irrelevant. Fact is what matters. Jar Jar didnt make it through the trilogy because he was badly written and poorly voice acted. If a somewhat more reserved portrayal was given, the reaction may not have been so bad. GL and Jon Knoll could dive into the CGI, take Jar Jar out, put someone like Capt Tarpals in, and the whole vibe of E1 would change dramatically. Still GL openly admitted E1 was moreso targeted at kids, so what they hey. I for one, am glad he listened to the fan response.

My favourite SW character always has, and will be R2D2 :D If that's bad "taste" then I apologise in advance... lolz

Is there a tentative release date for this....knowing GLs fondness for May releases...we may have to wait til 2009??? :(

mtfbwya

Anakin became a Knight after his actions in the battle of Praesitlyn, but that was only 6 months before ROTS, so there gonna have to spread a 6 month period over 100 episodes or ret-conn the old timeline.
I believe the old Clone Wars cartoon (the good one) has already been retconned.

I don't think I've seen an official word from LF, but I think the events of the CW series are canon, but the visuals (as in way overpowered Jedi and the like) are not. However, there are conflicts with other parts of the clone wars EU...

I don't think I've seen an official word from LF, but I think the events of the CW series are canon, but the visuals (as in way overpowered Jedi and the like) are not. However, there are conflicts with other parts of the clone wars EU...

tsk tsk...to think we left you in charge of the EU area... any true EU stalwart would have proceeded to write a 2000 word Force Long Post about C and G level canon, the length of Lucas' beard being proportional to which film is the best(longest during ESB),how Greedo shot first and how Lowry digital messed up the sabre colorings for the special editions...

Kurgz would weep if he saw you now Prime :p lolz

mtfbwya

tsk tsk...to think we left you in charge of the EU area... any true EU stalwart would have proceeded to write a 2000 word Force Long Post about C and G level canon, the length of Lucas' beard being proportional to which film is the best(longest during ESB),how Greedo shot first and how Lowry digital messed up the sabre colorings for the special editions...

Kurgz would weep if he saw you now Prime :p lolz

mtfbwya

What can I say, I'm a beaten man. :) BUt there is no need for a long post in this regard. Labyrinth of Evil > Clone Wars series canon-wise. :p

My attitude towards this is the same as it's been since TPM: to reserve final judgement until after I've seen it.

And then proceed to spew forth hot flaming death in the unlikely event :xp: that it sucks. :D

Archived