Home

Private Messages

Pande

Recently I received an email for a new private message. I clicked on the link, and it popped up saying I had no new messages (in my CP).

Here is a copy of the email:

Pande,

You have received a new private message at LucasForums from Patricia entitled "Re: Pande". Please click here to log in and read it:

http://www.lucasforums.com/private.php

Thanks,

LucasForums team

I looked around on the member list, and there is no such user as Patricia. I also refreshed my page and still have no emails. Is this a hoax? Or is there a problem with something internally?

Thanks,

Pande

I received the same message. I assumed it was some kind of database glitch. Either that or the user was sending out a bunch of spam PMs and has since had her (his?) account deleted, which probably deleted his (her?) outbound messages as well.

The latter is correct. Patricia was a spam bot which was mass-sending PMs to hundreds of members on this forum and a few others, advertising some site. The account has been banned and all the spam PMs it sent before being dealt with have been deleted. :)

It is not possible to revoke PM notification emails that have already been sent out though.

Archived