Home

Bugs

Sir Vougalot

Bug number one: So I slipped and fell somewhere, and when I reloaded from my last save Kyle looked like this:

EffedKyle.jpg

So I tried reloading the mission from the beginning and he still looked like that. I then tried closing the game and reopening it, and it's the same deal.

Bug number two: The music from the first mission continued to play during the Kyle-Mon Mothma cutscene, making it very difficult to hear the dialogue.

Bug number three: General Mohc used the wrong model. Instead of Mohc was Moff Rebus (at least I think that was who it was). Is this really a bug or just a mistake on the team's part?

EDIT: And I have the patch installed. Well, actually I have the second release of the six-level demo, the version that is already patched.

1 - Not sure why that's happening. It might be related to the "ghost Kyle" bug but it's definitely not the same thing. I'll check into it but I'm not sure what we can do.

2 - That's not really a bug but the way the cutscenes are constructed. The two maps for the executor bridge and the frigate bridge are contained within the map for the secret base, thus they play that level's music in the background. It should be easily fixable by separating those maps into their own separate file that loads up after level 1 (JA uses the same thing for one of its cutscenes, possibly more but I can't recall at the moment). It's something I'm going to try and fix in later releases.

3 - Mohc uses the same basic model as Reebus but he's been retextured (and possibly re-modeled slightly, I'm not sure).

#1 is the Ghost Kyle Bug. Quick fix - switch back to 1st person perspective. Also, make sure that autoexec.cfg is in your dfmod_2008 folder so that the following lines are loaded:

seta g_char_model "ib-merc_kyle"

seta g_char_skin_head "model_default"

seta g_char_skin_torso "model_default"

seta g_char_skin_legs "model_default"

I've switched back to first-person and back again and it hasn't worked. I'll check on those files, though.

EDIT: But we're told in the readme to extract all of the contents from "dfmod2008" into a folder simply called "dfmod" and to put it in the "gamedata" folder, correct? I checked, and the file is in that folder.

I've switched back to first-person and back again and it hasn't worked. I'll check on those files, though.

EDIT: But we're told in the readme to extract all of the contents from "dfmod2008" into a folder simply called "dfmod" and to put it in the "gamedata" folder, correct? I checked, and the file is in that folder.

the Kyle-ghost bug was allowed to go unfixed because you are not supposed to play in 3rd person perspective anyway, so if you just play in 1st person perspective you won't see the bug :-)

second, the confusion comes from the fact that for the longest time the game folder was simply called "dfmod" but at the final release, in order to not have it overwrite your other installed versions (second demo, etc), the folder name was changed to dfmod_2008. The readme doc was not changed to reflect this, so there exists this confusion. In all honesty, it doesn't matter what you name the game folder. you could call it "booger" and it wouldn't matter, as long as your shortcut matches what your actual directory structure is.

hope that helps

I was using third-person to jump that crumbling bridge in the second mission because it's easier to do so in third-person. And I like to switch to third-person every now and then because it's something seen in the original game. Plus, every time I fall from a great distance, I like to see the roll animation, as well as in the occasional fight when circle-strafing.

But... I think I saved my game while in third-person and reloaded it as such. That may or may not have anything to do with it as it was the one and only time I loaded a saved game since beginning playing.

• 1 month later...
so if you just play in 1st person perspective you won't see the bug :-)

That's not necessarily true. It affects ingame cinematics, at least, for me anyway.

I've tried fixing it on my own, even creating an npc to do the cheat "playermodel kyle" but still no avail.

(the autoexec.cfg file already had the quick fix already inserted. Still no luck.)

i would suggest not letting this bug go unfixed for the cinematic purpose. If not, could I at least have some advice on how to fix this ghost Kyle bug.

Thanks in advance, gentlemen.

Archived