Home

GTTV's Star Wars Announcement?

The Source

I guess this turned out to be nothing:

http://www.lucasforums.com/announcement.php?f=325

According to a Geoff Keighley blog post, the next episode of GameTrailers TV is going to be a special one for Star Wars fans.

I also want to give you faithful blog readers a little tidbit about our next show on April 11: It’s all about STAR WARS! Last week I went up to LucasArts for an exclusive behind the scenes look at the new game THE FORCE UNLEASHED. We’ll be blowing it out on GTTV with a ton of exclusive footage and some very special announcements. Spike is airing all six Star Wars movies in April and throughout the month I’ll also be appearing between the movies on Spike to reveal more of THE FORCE UNLEASHED. You’ll want to tune in on Sunday April 6 between the movies for a big Star Wars videogame announcement and some very exclusive footage.

But the best part is that our April 11 episode also has a bunch of other HUGE exclusives in it. More on that soon….

Star Wars: Force Unleashed was moved to September recently but there’s no doubt it’s going to be a major Star Wars title: word is that LucasArts is prepared to put it off for as long as it needs to get it right. Keep your eyes open on April 6 and April 11.

What was the big news? People seemed so excited, and then on the weekend of the announcement nothing happened. So, what was the big news?

The videos for the second announcement were kind of cool, but yeah no big news in either announcement. I was disappointed but not surprised that they were both for Force Unleashed, had my fingers crossed for a new game announcement.

Lol...

Sounds similar to the 30th Anniversary celebration, which produced maybe three books for the whole year. Also, they re-released old figure in a new packaging. Lucas made it sound so massive, and then he gave us almost nothing. Lol....

I guess this shows how rumors and hype can be overblown.

On their website, they edited the original post to remove any trace of their deception.

It is not that. It was never that. It is that Geoff Keighley knows something. He knows something about LucasArts nobody should have known. In his visit to LucasArts, Geoff Keighley found something out. His blog post was peppered with hints and clues - it was never supposed to mean what you and I thought it meant.

Keighley is under heavy pressure from GT and LA now, because he knows and he is in severe danger so long as he knows. There is no deception, there is no sensationalism, there is nothing that you think is. There is only a shadow looming beneath the surface, a knowledge that Geoff Keighley acquired that should never be let out.

Keep on telling yourself that, champ. :(

Rhett feels the same way I do. :(

I wouldn't dare to get my hopes up about anything regarding Star Wars after being ruthlessly crushed by disappointment so many times in the recent past.

The only shiny golden rings that I have managed to find in the vast cesspool of raw sewage that is the present form of the Star Wars universe have been KotOR, KotOR2 and maybe JK2. Lego Star Wars wasn't half bad either.

I like to keep my expectations low. That way if the game is good, it comes as a pleasant surprise. If it sucks, then I'm neither disappointed nor surprised.

@Sabre: Looks like Keighley found out the big plot spoiler of the game and LA is threatening to sick the Sith Assassins on him to shut him up. ;)

The only shiny golden rings that I have managed to find in the vast cesspool of raw sewage that is the present form of the Star Wars universe have been KotOR, KotOR2 and maybe JK2. Lego Star Wars wasn't half bad either.

I like to keep my expectations low. That way if the game is good, it comes as a pleasant surprise. If it sucks, then I'm neither disappointed nor surprised.

Yup, same here...except for the Lego Star Wars part. :xp: A bunch of the older games were very good, though, JK1 and MOTS in particular. And then JK3 happened... *sigh*

You wouldn't expect me to be open bait to LucasArts and GameTrailers' evil nefarious plans to silence those who know, would you? Rest assured that they will take any measures necessary to silence the outsiders who know, the specific meaning of that I leave to you to decide.

The next time you see Geoff Keighley, observe him. Observe the silent nervousness subdued by repeated brainwashing and threatening, that small part of him, where the hidden knowledge lies dying to get out and be free, but will be hacked to pieces before it can so much as be rendered in a sentence by his game-addicted brain. Note the Iron Grip of Conspiracy and Death that looms above him. Note his eyes. His eyes.

eyes

I was disappointed but not surprised that they were both for Force Unleashed, had my fingers crossed for a new game announcement.
Lucasarts seems to be hanging just about everything on TFU. If it flops, it could be ugly...

Some of the comic series have been good, but for me the novels have been getting bad to worse. At this point I plan on finishing LotF, and then I'm swearing off the books.

Some of the comic series have been good, but for me the novels have been getting bad to worse. At this point I plan on finishing LotF, and then I'm swearing off the books.
I divorced Star Wars books after Vector Prime.

I divorced Star Wars books after Vector Prime.

Same here. :(

Very few of the EU novels that I'd read before that were what I'd consider good, but Vector Prime was an abomination and the first Star Wars novel that I never bothered to finish.

I've actually heard that LotF is better than NJO. But, then again, that's not saying much, is it? ;)

I've actually heard that LotF is better than NJO. But, then again, that's not saying much, is it? ;)
It started out just fine and I had high hopes for the series. But in the end the execution is very poor and the inconsistencies are rampant.

But I digress. Now for the obligatory...

sot.jpg

Archived