Home

TSL Restoration Team (Let Your Ranting Out!)

The Source

TSL Restoration Team (Let Your Ranting Out!)

I thought it would be respectable to open a thread, which is separated from the main project thread. Since I have been involved with some long term projects, I can see how it can be aggravating for a production team and spectators. I think that one of the most complicated issues to deal with is waiting. Over the past few years, we have seen the bug count go up, down, left, and right. At one point in our waiting game, the team leader stated that the bug count is not a countdown. When the system was put into place, I admittedly fell into the countdown illusion. Now, this is not the fault of Team-Gizka, but more of a misunderstanding between spectator and bug count concept. When numbers go backwards from 1,000 to 0, the first impression is that it is a countdown. I personally didn't look deep enough to understand that it is only to keep track of game issues, which have arisen from tweaking and modifying game elements. Me bad. :(

If I place myself in context of modding, I an fairly new to the whole idea. Before I arrived to this site, I did not understand what was involved. While I participated in the fun, my perspective shifted from simplicity to complex to long hours. Team-Gizka is carrying out an extraordinary feat, which has taken them a good three plus years to accomplish. Can I give them credit for doing a good or great job? Not yet. Since they have not made a public release of the mod, I cannot make a rational judgment on their success. Only when I and other have played the mod, we can finally rate the magnitude of their accomplishments.

After reading online gaming articles, blogs, and forums about this project, I can only guess at the magnitude of followers they have gained. If anyone is having any doubts about 'if they will release the mod', I can only say that the team has put their credibility on the line. When someone allows their product to be advertised in such a magnitude, he or she is placing a certain amount of credibility and respect on the balance. If they do not release the mod to the public, I can assure you that they will not hear the end of it. I can only imagine the type of articles and blogs that will surface. I hope this will not come to pass, for from a distance they seem to be nice people.

If I can measure how much people are anxious, I wouldn't have a reliable measuring tool for such a task. When I personally become upset about its pending release, I want to jump at the screen and scream. Since I know the response "When its done" will arrive to my questioning, I can only envision what the team is going through when they hear, "When will it be released?"

I opened this thread to serve as two functions: 1) If you are getting anxious about the mod's pending release, just let it out in this thread. There is no reason why we should trash theirs. 2) I want them to get the message. I want them to realize that everyone is anxious. Since the mod has been in production for a good three plus years, the anticipation level is going in two directions. Some people may have given up on Team-Gizka, and others are driven to the edge of unreasoning.

Post away. :)

Archived