Home

Star wars Battlefront 3 - Better than SWB2?

Darth Loner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the power of a guided rocket is not worth the time trying to hit anything, i would rather go solo than fire the guided on a chicken walker.

If only a few more patches could have been released im sure the game play could have been cleaned up a bit, atleast everyone wouldnt play as an engi.

the power of a guided rocket is not worth the time trying to hit anything, i would rather go solo than fire the guided on a chicken walker.

If only a few more patches could have been released im sure the game play could have been cleaned up a bit, atleast everyone wouldnt play as an engi.

Ah, cmon. Everyone loved the guided rockets. LOL, I love sitting down with my brother and chasing him around with em. :lol:

• 1 month later...

^

Agreed

There were some elements of BF1 that I enjoyed, like levels with land and air battles (i.e. Tatooine, Bespin, Naboo)(I'd fly starfighters into the bridge areas on bespin to stop the other teams from proceding to the cps). Also being able to lay flat on the ground and being able to launch yourself with your own grenade. (Me and my friend had contests to see who could launch over the sarlacc pit without being eaten). Being able to jump out of fighters(me and the same friend had "parachute" runs on Hoth). Destroying cp's instead of taking them (i.e. Endor). Finally, the 4 options for commanding other units around instead of just "follow me."

For BF2, the upgrades, the enhanced fighter/player controls (i.e. rolls/running), the ability to repair some of the environmental stuff (i.e. doors on Kashyyyk/shields on Starships) and ummmm the new levels i guess.

I want BF3 to have all those elements + more (after all, it is 3) (maybe instead of picking a class, having set classes for AI units but you can pick your look, the primary weapon, the secondary (pistol/fusion cutter) and the grenades)(or a point value on each weapon to pick from and you get so many points to start and only a few more after beating the campaign <never having a rocket launcher and blaster but being able to have a pistol and all the grenades> or something like that)

I was never a big fan of the heroes, i thought the point was to see the battles from the point of view of the ordinary soldiers

^

Agreed

There were some elements of BF1 that I enjoyed, like levels with land and air battles (i.e. Tatooine, Bespin, Naboo)(I'd fly starfighters into the bridge areas on bespin to stop the other teams from proceding to the cps). Also being able to lay flat on the ground and being able to launch yourself with your own grenade. (Me and my friend had contests to see who could launch over the sarlacc pit without being eaten). Being able to jump out of fighters(me and the same friend had "parachute" runs on Hoth). Destroying cp's instead of taking them (i.e. Endor). Finally, the 4 options for commanding other units around instead of just "follow me."

For BF2, the upgrades, the enhanced fighter/player controls (i.e. rolls/running), the ability to repair some of the environmental stuff (i.e. doors on Kashyyyk/shields on Starships) and ummmm the new levels i guess.

I want BF3 to have all those elements + more (after all, it is 3) (maybe instead of picking a class, having set classes for AI units but you can pick your look, the primary weapon, the secondary (pistol/fusion cutter) and the grenades)(or a point value on each weapon to pick from and you get so many points to start and only a few more after beating the campaign <never having a rocket launcher and blaster but being able to have a pistol and all the grenades> or something like that)

I was never a big fan of the heroes, i thought the point was to see the battles from the point of view of the ordinary soldiers

Yes yes, I feel the same way, mostly on the Heroes. It's called Battlefront, not Hero Front, so they can cut down on the Heroes, so you'll feel more like a soldier fighting for his life. And they need to return Fighters on Land battles, I enjoyed that too.

Yes yes, I feel the same way, mostly on the Heroes. It's called Battlefront, not Hero Front, so they can cut down on the Heroes, so you'll feel more like a soldier fighting for his life. And they need to return Fighters on Land battles, I enjoyed that too.

You do have a point there. You know LA, they have to throw a Jedi in there somewhere....

I wouldn't mind if they were made into a generic balanced type unit, the Emperials could have a dark jedi, the republic normal jedi, the CIS magna guards and possibly regular jedi for the rebels also, not sure how many jedi they had. Just take away all of the powers except jump, sprint and block. Tone down the health and energy also and youve got yourself a relatively balanced unit, maybe put a 15 point restriction on it and then make it 1 per side. You would still have the noobs tank whoring to get them, but without powers and tons of health they arent as overpowered.

Maybe you're right, but originally when I first played the game, I thought Heroes were okay, but now that i'm way better than the initial start, I have no use for them, and i'm sure none of you all do as well, if you've been through the same scenario as me.

pretty much, lol

once you can go through the Jedi Temple level in campaign without dying, you no longer have any need for heroes, lol.

I pretty much think i stuck to the normal units after I played through the campaign once, and the only reason i was then was because my friends and i had a competition to see who could get them first. I've been turning them off entirely since then...

I really miss levels like Dune Sea and Bespin Platforms. Bring them back for BF3

And what happened to a thing called level select for campaign. i dont always want to start over or just play hoth

Archived