Home

Anakin's Padawan?[MAYBE SPOILER]

Hayden Kered

I was just thinking, in the up coming Star Wars: The Clone Wars Anakin has his own padawan. Since CW takes place between EP2 and EP3 this would make Anakin a Jedi Knight. How can he have a padawan if he is only the rank of Knight? I thought that the Code only allowed Masters to be appointed padawans. And since Anakin was never granted the rank of Master in EP3, this would go completely against the story line, would it?

Jedi can take on a Padawan upon completion of their trials to become a Knight, Jedi often attain the Rank of Master when they have trained a Padawan to Knighthood (Unless they are awarded that rank earlier for valor or some major achievement etc) check the films, both Qui-Gon and Obi-wan were Knights while training there Padawans.

Note: It can be misleading sometimes because all non force users and younglings seem to call Some Padawans and Knights Master (It's a Respect thing)

Also, Revan was called 'Master' by his comrades as well. It's indeed an respect thing. :)

But I still think this Padawan idea is a bit...far-fetched. It would explain Anakin's thoughts about beiing 'ready to join the council' in Episode 3. But how can he possibly train a padawan in 2-3 years? We don't see her in Episode 3, nor in other material (yet).

It'll be interesting to see how the Padawan turns out, though. I mean, if the guy who eventually becomes Darth Vader is your master, how would that affect your view of the force and everything? She's probably either going to be led down the path that leads to the Dark Side, or is going to actually be wiser than her master (where good and evil are concerned; he can probably teach her a lot in the way of fighting and such...). And then how are they going to reconcile the fact that we've never heard of her before? Will she have some kind of dramatic death scene in Clone Wars, or will she survive and go off into hiding and become yet another Jedi who secretly survived the Jedi Purge (and that without full Jedi training)?

Whatever the case, this is bull and I oppose it. Anakin from E3 looked nothing like he ever had a padawan or even that he was capable of having and training one. And considering his level of immaturity and mood swings in E2, I doubt if the Council would allow him a padawan in under three years, especially during times as hard as the Clone Wars.

In the recent Clone Wars webdoc, Dave Filoni claims that Anakin was given (Not chose) a Padawan by the Council to try and Teach him about Letting go of loved ones and responsibility, not because he was necessarily ready for a student.

That's lame and would have been unfair for the student. It seems that the more I learn about the Clone Wars, the more I hate it. :(

On the other hand though, it would actually fit the situations of the Clone Wars.

It shows the desperate need of Jedi training and the lack of "jedi trainers" for padawans. We have seen anything from Padawan units lead by only one Jedi Master, speedy powerlevel to knighthood, notable members of Masters flirting/joining with darkside, compromising of Jedi Ethics, spying/terroristique tactics (well some planets give high level droids "some" sentient rights)...

It shows the downward spiral the Jedi order is in, and that it is also tearing itself apart from within, due to all the changes it makes for the war.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe, the apprentice he trains in this is also the apprentice of Vader in TFU. Think about it: at least 10 year gap between RotS and ANH. A lot can happen in 10 years. Neither would recognize each other (well, especially the apprentice not recognizing Vader :lol: )

• 4 weeks later...

Archived