Home

Should Lucasarts be reported to the FBI?

Bad Asp!

Seriously, should Lucasarts be reported to the FBI for their recent actions?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Seriously, should Lucasarts be reported to the FBI for their recent actions?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spyware replaces ads to collect the ad revenue. You replace ad code that pays the site owner with ad code for an account that pays you. Some ISPs even do this, although they usually insert extra ads, rather than replacing existing ones.

Remember that your web traffic passes through many layers that you might not even know about on its way from origin server to your browser. Any of those can affect content before it reaches you.

Nobody from LucasForums administration has said you do have spyware — your feedback is useful, and it's already being followed up with the advertisers. tabacco was just saying that the possibility it was something else injecting the more explicit than usual ads is there.

It'd be extremely useful if you could screenshot it next time, and provide the link the ad goes to like Gabez did. Then we can directly say "If this appears again you'll be downing soup for life" to the advertisers.

Fine, next time I see something dodgy I'll keep shut because it's obvious all my fault and a conspiracy of the nazi jews who plan to take over the intarwebs...

Don't take it so hard, man, we're just saying it might be spyware, it's really just for your own safety (aka they could steal your credit card information). The Mojoers are already following up on it being potentially from the ads (or so they say). And it isn't the "Nazi Jews," it's actually just The Tingler and his multiple personalities.

Edit: Edited to say that I sound like a dork. Zaar is king.

Archived