Home

Do You Talk To Yourself?

I got one of those 'ventriloquism/transference' things going, where I speak in a funny voice on behalf of my cats, but I'm really mostly saying stuff I'm thinking... I even add miaows on the end sometimes :(:p

eg. the other day, my gf burnt some scrambled eggs...

Me in my cat voice: "Aw Daddy, mummy cant cook for s**t! mreow!"

Doing it this way, I seem to get into less trouble than if I told her that directly :D

mtfbwya

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the time. It often helps me in math class... and it's nice to have someone to talk to once in awhile...

"Oh great, tommorrow is sunday, that means I have to go to church..."

"Yep this will be quite boring... stupid people listening to an ignorant person... and appauding afterwards..."

"You got that right. Makes you want to say soemthing isntead of being forced to be part of it, doesn't it?"

"Yeah but we all know what would happen if we said soemthing..."

"Yep..."

"So I have keep my mouth shut then...?"

"Yep..."

-My thoughts two minutes ago

Yup... all the time.

Though I think to myself more often as outright 'talking to yourself' when walking down the street makes you look 'strange' or 'funny'... or if you want people to leave you alone do it at full volume while walking down the street. :D

Yes, I talk to myself all the time. I talk out-loud normally when I am alone. I normally talk (considered thinking??) to myself in my head when others are around me. It helps my catch details that I would normally miss. It is a stress reliever, I have found out. To me, it is more thinking out loud I guess...

I always lock the door to my room, so I tend to have a lot of privacy when I'm in there, which means it's prime-talk-to-myself-and-have-little-conservations time!

I do not talk to myself, Rookie! Now get your ass off that chair and get me my minigun! It's time we fight!

Um, sir, as much as I respect you and all, I really think you talk to yourself. Also, didn't your minigun get cut to bits by that Sith guy, sir?

Well, that's just great. How about you get me my DBAS-256 Shotgun, then?

But didn't that get--

[alarms ringing]

[another me]Sarge! Reptiloids have breached the hangar!

[sargeant Me]Shoot. Well boys, it's time we kicked some ass!

[lock and load]

Yeah, I know. I have no grasp whatsoever as to how the military works, but random action scenes are pretty much what I'm acting out and talking with myself when I'm alone. :xp:

Hm, it looks like a Rancor, sounds like a Rancor, and smells like a Rancor. My guess is that IT IS A RANCOR, douchebag. Seriously, how could you think that that was a friggin' Tach?!

I don't know! DON'T JUDGE ME!!

From things i have witnessed in my life i personally view really expressive talking-out-loud to be abnormal behaviour. I have only been able to associate that with schizophrenia, i know it most usually isn't but like i said, it's things, events i have witnessed in the past that lead me to that conclusion now. As such, I try not talk to myself. I get really annoyed if I do. It agitates me if i see someone else do it too.

You know, like when you're driving and you're yelling at someone that just cut you off. You know they can't hear you, but it makes you feel better to yell at them all the same.
Amen, sister. I do 95% of my swearing while I drive.

I talk to myself a lot in my head. My cerebral hemispheres don't get along very well:(

And of course, to my darling doggy<3 You can tell him anything (usually a litany of how lazy, silly and smelly he is, delivered in an affectionate voice) and he'll give you the same adoring look.

Amen, sister. I do 95% of my swearing while I drive.
Make that 98% for me :lol: The rest happens when a moron calls me at the office for a stupid question (1% and that's usually followed by a laugh) and 1% when the snow shoveling guy doesn't show up (with 4 meters of snow this winter that might have taken more than 1%...at least the snow is almost entirely melted now ).

I don't talk to my self, but i have conversations with my self in my head sometimes. A little like Scrubs, but not that extreme :D

I have a friend that talk to himself alot when he is playing game, that pretty funny when we used to have lan. In some of the RTS game we played you could figure out what he was doing by his talk :lol:

Of course.

I've also have meaningful conversations with people who aren't there.

Being a supervisor, you have to be upfront with directives, clear with communication and be an attentive listener.

Many times I've had run-throughs of conversations before I've had them to monitor my tone to ensure I get my point across properly.

The question should be:

"What was the most embarrassing time you've ever got caught talking to yourself?"

I get caught at red lights all the time either talking to myself or singing and playing guitar on my steering wheel.

I get caught at red lights all the time either talking to myself or singing and playing guitar on my steering wheel.

I avoid looking at people in the next cars at red lights when I'm rocking out to Skillet or Evanescence. That way I don't have to be embarrassed. :lol:

Archived