Home

Life after KotOR

Gurges-Ahter

I just finished K2 for the first time. It took me 57 hours, spread over 4 days. I only had that opportunity because I was out of town for work and I spent every possible minute I could toward playing it and completing it before I returned home. I don't get much time to play video games having 2 kids, working full-time, and getting my master's full-time.

So, I'm reluctant to play another round of K1 or K2, although I haven't completely ruled it out. I do, however, wish to possibly attempt another Star Wars game, but I have no idea how good any of them are. I've heard ok things about Battlefront and Jedi Knight II, Galaxies, and even Lego Star Wars, but I don't want to dedicate a ton of time to something I just won't enjoy all that much. Does anyone have any advice? What's the general consensus? I know it's all about personal preference, but I'd like to know the popular opinion anyway, especially from other hardcore KotOR fans.

I quite enjoyed Battlefront as a multiplayer game. If your kids are old enough to play games or you have a partner who likes games, you'll have a blast whether you're playing co-op or pairing off against each other. Only if shooters are your thing, of course. I imagine the single player is also enjoyable, but I never got around to it due to the fact that I saw it as msore of a multiplayer game.

I know you specified Star Wars games, but you may also want to try out other Bioware/Obsidian RPGs (e.g. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights), as from what I can tell you enjoy that sort of game, though it may be a bit much to slog into another RPG right away.

If you're looking to stick with a SW RPG, I personally don't feel that it gets any better than the game you just finished. However, I played both SW Lego games with my son on the PS2 and thought they were a blast. They aren't as engrossing as an RPG would be, but they are fun. Easy to put down and pick up again later as time permits. I hope that helps.

I'd reccomend Star Wars Empire at War; not an RPG, its strategy, but the story mode on that is good.

If you're looking to stick with a SW RPG, I personally don't feel that it gets any better than the game you just finished.

QFT

To be honest TSL is my all time favourite SW game.

• 5 months later...
Um, guys, you do know this was posted in April? He probably already has what he needed. ;)

Agreed, folks please note that we generally frown on 'thread resurrection' here so unless your post is some 'earth shattering' update to an ancient topic please do not post if the last post is a few months or more old. While there may be exceptions to this from time to time, this thread is not one of them.

Closing...

Archived