Home

Atris Question [spoilers]

Gurges-Ahter

I'm a little confused about Atris' storyline... When Kreia confronts her and convinces her that she has turned to the dark side, Kreia names her Darth Traya, right? Or am I just remembering that wrong?

But then Kreia is Darth Traya at the end, right? Or am I remembering that wrong too? Why did Kreia give both Atris and herself the same dark side name?

Also, I felt like part of the scene glitched out after I defeated Atris/Traya... I just didn't really get that part of the story. Did she turn to the dark side over time because of the Sith holocrons? Also, I redeemed her, but I didn't get any indication of what she'd be doing after I left. She was still a Jedi, after all. I really feel like I'm missing something about this.

Lastly, was Atris in love with The Exile at any point in time? What was her relation to him before he left to follow Revan?

Well the Exile is a she, so the speculation on the non-canon male Exile is just that. As far as 'Darth Traya' is concerned, I believe you were originally meant to fight Atris (now Darth Traya) on Malachor V instead of Kreia... but things changed apparently.

Ah - thanks. The wiki was helpful, especially this line:

Additionally, Kreia says this to Atris: "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn." This can be taken as Kreia giving the title of Darth Traya to Atris, who betrays the Handmaidens, the Exile, and the Republic, after having been betrayed by the Exile when she left to join the Mandalorian Wars.

Once you beat Atris, if you talk to her and ask her where Kreia is, Atris will say that she now realizes that Kreia had tricked her, in other words, that she is not really the true Darth Traya.

That definitely ties things together; I must have just missed it while I was playing. I did play through the entire game in 4 days, so it was a lot of story to take in all things considered. It took me over 57 hours... yikes.

It's very difficult to get the whole story and understand it all in one play through. After maybe five you understand it fully. :xp:

Agreed, and if I could, I would definitely play it through 5 times. However, since I don't have that option, I'm attempting to absorb as much of it as possible with 1 play through. I've been all over Wookieepedia and these message boards trying to fill in the missing gaps.

I'm a little confused about Atris' storyline... When Kreia confronts her and convinces her that she has turned to the dark side, Kreia names her Darth Traya, right? Or am I just remembering that wrong?

But then Kreia is Darth Traya at the end, right? Or am I remembering that wrong too? Why did Kreia give both Atris and herself the same dark side name?

answer6wr4.jpg

It's already been said, but Atris was originally intended to be Darth Traya, and even the Official KOTOR II strategy guide lists the boss fight with her wearing the black cloak and everything, which was apparently cut for time constraints and story issues. I don't think I've come across anything stating that Atris was supposed to be the one you fought on Malachor V, as cut content from the game shows Kreia and Sion dealing with Atton, Mira, the crew, etc.

Atris being Darth Traya was but one ending. That's where that dialogue that Shem posted comes in. I believe this was to be said by Kreia upon Atris' death.

However, I believe that Atris being Darth Traya was cut far sooner than we believe. There's some evidence that Brianna was originally a light side only character, with Visas being DS only; in this plan, the player would fight Nihilus if Visas was in the party, and Atris if Brianna was in the party. My theory is that Atris would become Traya if the player faced Nihilus instead. But this is only speculation on my part.

That's what I've seen too whenever I've looked up the cut content on Wookiepedia or etc. It sucks that Obsidian left so much out of the game due to time constraints. I wouldn't have minded sitting through a KOTOR II pushback, so long as it meant a better experience.

• 5 weeks later...
Off topic, but what is the PC wearing in the picture Shem posted?

The PC is wearing what are 'Darth Atris' robes, you can't get them in the vanilla game, they were however left in the game files, so it would have been a Mod to give the PC them as clothes.

The PC is wearing what are 'Darth Atris' robes, you can't get them in the vanilla game, they were however left in the game files, so it would have been a Mod to give the PC them as clothes.

I still think those robes look like the clothes on the evil queen from Snow White. :xp:

That's what I've seen too whenever I've looked up the cut content on Wookiepedia or etc. It sucks that Obsidian left so much out of the game due to time constraints.

Eh...stuff like this gets cut all the time in games. I don't think Atris being Traya was cut due to time restraints, but rather they decided on taking the story into another direction.

I'm confused also. I've heard people say that Atris being Traya originally could happen (due to an unknown set of possible occurances in the game), and I've heard other people say that originally she would be Traya (regardless of any occurances).

Oh, I think I understand now. My theory is that Atris was the only Darth Traya at one point, but for some reason the voice actress (I believe her name is Elizabeth Rider) couldn't do as many lines as they wanted (or something), so they hired Sara Kestelman to do the voice of Kreia, but kept Atris as one possible Traya. And then they just said the hell with it and made Kreia the only Traya. That's just my theory, though.

Archived