Home

Nihilus' Face

Gurges-Ahter

Was anyone else a little disappointed when you didn't get to see what Nihilus looks like under his mask?

Personally, no. Nihilus embodies mistery, and to give away his facial appearence would have been counter-productive for the character.

Does anyone know of any artist renditions of what he might have looked like?

I've never seen nor heard about one. It'd be quite difficult because there's practically no information on how he may look like, so any drawing would be completely arbitrary.

I always liked the notion of it being your Exile's. Goes along well with Avellone's 'darker half' idea about Nihilus, and it's always the familiar that can be the most frightening.

Too bad neither made it into the game, but with KotOR's engine it would probably have come across as fairly clunky.

I always liked the notion of it being your Exile's. Goes along well with Avellone's 'darker half' idea about Nihilus, and it's always the familiar that can be the most frightening.

Yeah, I share this idea. His face depends upon the face you choose for the Exile. What, at the same time, doesn't mean his face is the same.

Well, Visas Marr said that he looks exactly like a man. Or along those lines, so I guess that we should just go with that. Darth Nihilius is a [hu]man.

I don't think she's speaking literally, by the way. Given all Visas' talk of how powerful Nihilus is, to see him - some sort of dark god to her - cast down and killed would basically shatter her understanding of the universe.

To call him a man is to note the mortality of everything, even pseudo-gods that like to eat planets. It's a statement of his insignificance; something that contrasts nicely with everything that we have been told about Nihilus beforehand.

I don't think she's speaking literally, by the way. Given all Visas' talk of how powerful Nihilus is, to see him - some sort of dark god to her - cast down and killed would basically shatter her understanding of the universe.

Probably. But seeing as how she sees the world around her (Force Sight), she could have also seen the Exile on Nihilus face. Her answer might have also been an evasive one.

Probably. But seeing as how she sees the world around her (Force Sight), she could have also seen the Exile on Nihilus face. Her answer might have also been an evasive one.

That's a good point as well. At that point in the game I half expected Visas to respond with "I saw you" instead of "I saw a man, nothing more."

If it's valid, then why isn't it present in the actual game?

it's pretty tough to see that detail behind his mask in the actual game. i'll take the cut scenes/splash scenes/intstruction manual as validation enough for me. of course you are entitled to your own interpretation, however.

The reason it's tough to see detail behind the mask is because there is no detail.

Perhaps... I think there probably is detail, but the engine used in K2 doesn't allow for that amount of detail during gameplay. That being said, the splash scene and other material provided with the game (ie the instruction manual) are all we have to go by, and he clearly does have a face behind the mask there.

Also, Visas takes off his mask to look at his face, and she saw "a man", which isn't nothing.

Archived