Home

Malak's Jaw

Gurges-Ahter

I agree with Gurges completely: It's highly unlikely that Revan did that purposedly, given his/her nature and all, as G pointed out.

The funny thing is I have also read that it was during a lightsaber duel that Malak lost his jaw. I wish I could find the source, but that's what I remember.

I heard something similar: It was on spar with our dear Revan.

Or we have too much rumors running wildly, or we're a bunch of taddle-talers. :xp:

Perhaps the comics will hava answer.

I'd agree too. Safest bet.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what we know about Siths, we know that they would accidently remove parts of those that are close to them. This may range from a jaw, to a queen's arm...

I would guess its some kind of sparring accident as one/both of the members have the real intent to kill off the other.

Why are you assuming it was a 'surgical strike' to the jaw? It was probably just a fluke that the jaw was severed rather than a conscious attempt to chop his jaw off -- who would do that?

jarjar.jpg

Dear, dear, Corinth. Of course they use sabers with a coagulant crystal on it.

Correct my if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression a lightsaver corterised a wound straight away (except for in ANH ;)), anyways.

I doubt Revan would have been aiming for his jaw. Probably just a happy accident. :p

Yep. I'm more interested in the aftermath. Malak's probably all like... *tries to think of the noise one would make without a jaw*

ehh... yeah, I'm drawing a blank. Hence the curiosity.

How the hell can you sever a jaw without inflicting any other kind of serious damage? A horizontal slash through his face would also have logically decapitated him or at least cut through most of his neck.

So yeah, that disqualifies the cut as a deliberate act. But it can still be an accident.

How? He tragically cut himself shaving?

Well, why not try shaving with a lightsaber? Novelty value and all.

It would be an interesting story to see how he did loose it, and while a bad injury I don't think it would be fatal; the question is how he would have survived after suffering that blow.

I assumed that perhaps it was during sparring practice. Revan was of course testing Malak not only in terms of saber efficientcy but his mind as well. Taunting him. If you've ever read Emissaries to Malastare. The way the Dark Woman spars with Hett or in Tales of the Jedi, the way Vodo spars with Kun. Only this time, Revan makes an example of Malak's fury to put him into his place. An example. I find it hard to believe that Revan would do such a thing by accident.

We still don't know that it was Revan. We only have Wookieepedia's unsourced word on that.

I just read through Malak's article. It's sourced. I think it's the only thing that's sourced...citation number four I believe. And Hasbro's cardbacks are just as canon - and that's something I have right in front of me.

I also went through your flaws that Wookieepedia has just now. I can safely say that not all of them are true so I'm not sure what exactly you mean (or maybe I can; a website that anyone can edit is just asking for trouble though I can't relate with your objections). No Ravager-class anywhere. Talia is still at simply Talia. Carth isn't called commander in his article. Doesn't say that Corrun Falt doesn't appear. I just didn't go through the character notability since I'm lost there.

I always wondered about Malak's jaw wound, I figured it happened when he betrayed Revan and lost it during the fight (but then it doesn't make any sense since Revan and Malak were on different ships at the time.) Maybe a frag mine blew up near his face and lost his jaw as a result?

I just read through Malak's article. It's sourced. I think it's the only thing that's sourced...citation number four I believe.

The source it cites is the Databank article, which doesn't mention Revan. So the claim that it was Revan is unsourced.

And Hasbro's cardbacks are just as canon - and that's something I have right in front of me.

Does it say that it was Revan? That's interesting...I didn't think those cards were actually canon, though.

No Ravager-class anywhere.

That might have been changed. I don't remember which article it was.

Talia is still at simply Talia.

Not in the article for KOTOR 2.

Carth isn't called commander in his article.

Yes he is, around the Endar Spire bit.

EDIT: Ah, someone finally fixed it. :Dhttp://starwars.wikia.com/index.php?title=Carth_Onasi&oldid=1933535

Doesn't say that Corrun Falt doesn't appear.

It's in the behind the scenes section. ;)

EDIT: Looks like someone fixed that too. http://starwars.wikia.com/index.php?title=Corrun_Falt&oldid=1752785

I always wondered about Malak's jaw wound, I figured it happened when he betrayed Revan and lost it during the fight (but then it doesn't make any sense since Revan and Malak were on different ships at the time.) Maybe a frag mine blew up near his face and lost his jaw as a result?

I think only a light saber could have severed the jaw and saved the rest of the face, since it instantly cauterizes.

Archived