Home

Malak's height

Gurges-Ahter

So I've read in several locations, including this board, about Malak being extraordinarily tall, similar to Vader... I was looking at profiles on Wookieepedia and just noticed that while Malak is tall, he's still shorter than Vader, and Nihilus is actually the same height as Vader (and therefore taller than Malak).

This makes me laugh. If you really want to get the facts about how tall these characters are, let's look at this physically.

We all know that Wookiees are known for their height and they're over 7 feet tall, right?

Let's look at Malak and Zaalbar (excuse the RedRob41 skin I'm using for Zaalbar)

bigzmalakkd8.jpg

As you can see, Zaalbar is just taller than Malak, which would make Malak nearly 7 foot tall.

Let's look next at Nihilus and Malak.

nihilusmalakrr5.jpg

Now you can see that Malak is barely taller than Nihilus. That means Nihilus is very tall too. All these characters tower over the majority of the characters in the game or do I need to post an example of that? :xp:

Vader (in his armor) is only .02 meters taller than Malak. Nihilius on the other hand, I don't know about...

If you ask me, Malak is NATURALLY taller than Vader [Anakin]. That is if you want to look at it from that point of vew.

That's a good point - Anakin is shorter than Vader. I got Nihilus' height from wookieepedia. It's equal to Vader.

Heights according to wookieepedia:

Malak: 2.00 meters

Anakin: 1.85 meters

Vader: 2.02 meters

Nihilus: 2.02 meters

This makes me laugh.

All these characters tower over the majority of the characters in the game or do I need to post an example of that?

I certainly didn't intend to get all technical - I just found it interesting while I was perusing wookieepedia and decided to share. After all, this might be the only place in the world where I could find people who actually care about stuff like this. :D

Well, 2.02 meters is around 6'8" in height.

Chewbacca is listed at 2.28 meters which is around 7'5" or 7'6". Peter Mayhew is actually 7'3" if you're wondering.

Vader is listed at 2.02 meters, even thought David Prowse is around 6'5", which means he is shorter than they're listing him.

Anakin being 1.85 meters is around 6'1".

I haven't seen a source for Zaalbar's height, but whatever it would say it would contradict a lot. Zaalbar is not much taller than Nihilus and Malak in the game. Yet Nihilus, Malak, and Zaalbar tower over Revan and others. The size difference is very significant and whoever did the height listings needs to seriously re-evaluate them.

On my file reviews on FileFront, when it applies, I've have always said that Malak is around 7 foot and based on the evidence I have shown, he is.

I'd be willing to be real money that Wookieepedia is going by some outside encyclopedic source. *checks Wook* Yup, it's as I suspected--the Databank. And the Databank is notoriously spotty (more so than Wookieepeida :p).

Also, I figured I should point out that Malak isn't really very tall in the comics, despite the joke about the repercussions of his visit to Dr Demagol.

I've pondered this myself, especially since the Hasbro toy is short, when we know the game puts Malak at like 6'10.

Is Nihilus even bound by a corporeal body though?, I'm sure he could be whatever height he wanted :), Yea I think with his prosthetics Vader is about 6,8-9, Anakin was 6'1 as said before.

I bet Nihilus smelled awful. I mean, his body is pretty much dead, it's probably just rotting under those robes. Yuck.

The size difference is very significant and whoever did the height listings needs to seriously re-evaluate them.

Pretty much. I wonder how those listings came to be, anyway. Seriously, who thinks it up? Why is it even there? Nobody keeps track, it seems like such a pointless fact.

I bet Nihilus smelled awful. I mean, his body is pretty much dead, it's probably just rotting under those robes. Yuck.

Yeah, I didn't need to hear that.... :(:xp:

Well, 2.02 meters is around 6'8" in height.

Chewbacca is listed at 2.28 meters which is around 7'5" or 7'6". Peter Mayhew is actually 7'3" if you're wondering.

Vader is listed at 2.02 meters, even thought David Prowse is around 6'5", which means he is shorter than they're listing him.

Anakin being 1.85 meters is around 6'1".

I haven't seen a source for Zaalbar's height, but whatever it would say it would contradict a lot. Zaalbar is not much taller than Nihilus and Malak in the game. Yet Nihilus, Malak, and Zaalbar tower over Revan and others. The size difference is very significant and whoever did the height listings needs to seriously re-evaluate them.

On my file reviews on FileFront, when it applies, I've have always said that Malak is around 7 foot and based on the evidence I have shown, he is.

Whoa, that is REALLY tall. That makes me think because I am only 5'8". Either way, all of these characters are REALLY tall.

I always thought Nihilus and Malak had the exact same height. They seem to use the same model, and have the same movements, therefore...

Interesting... I never thought of that. That would bolster my opinion of Malak, for sure, b/c I have a strange fascination with Nihilus.

This makes me laugh. If you really want to get the facts about how tall these characters are, let's look at this physically.

We all know that Wookiees are known for their height and they're over 7 feet tall, right?

Let's look at Malak and Zaalbar (excuse the RedRob41 skin I'm using for Zaalbar)

bigzmalakkd8.jpg

As you can see, Zaalbar is just taller than Malak, which would make Malak nearly 7 foot tall.

Let's look next at Nihilus and Malak.

nihilusmalakrr5.jpg

Now you can see that Malak is barely taller than Nihilus. That means Nihilus is very tall too. All these characters tower over the majority of the characters in the game or do I need to post an example of that? :xp:

HOwever, notice that Zalbaar is crouching over in the first picture, so if he's seven feet hunching over I bet he's 7'6 in height, which would be right for a wookie.

Though I can ceartanly imagine that Malak is over seven feet - I always imagined Revan as around 6'2, so according to my imagination, it sounds right.

Ehm...I'm thinking the limitations of the game engine are giving us problems here :)

For starters, I heared that Nihilus uses the same model as Malak, hence they have the same saber style. So...for that matter, they are actual clones! They must have had the same Jedi Master! *Gasp*

No really, I accept the limitations of this engine, and everything that is said in the official profiles and stories works fine for me. :)

Btw, Malak reached this unusual height and Coupde 'de Agent 47 by Demagol in the comics, right?

Archived