Home

Is Mandalore Canderous?

Gawain

Also note how he says "For Clan Ordo!" in one of his battlecries and IIRC, you could listen to his stories about Revan. Note that Revan killed Mandalore during the wars, which means that he can't be the same Mandalore, which means somebody must have taken the former Mandalore's place. If you've played KOTOR, you could listen to Canderous' stories about Mandalorian honor and that he doesn't like how most of the Mandalorians turned into greedy mercenaries and vicious raiders and pirates without honor. This gives him a motive to restore the clans. To restore the honor that being a Mandalorian once had.

Bah! I should've just stopped at the first sentence! :xp:

I honestly don't know how anyone could possibly miss that -- they made it so painfully obvious. :lol:

I don't know how I missed it. Never focused on Mandalore, I guess. I rarely even spoke to him and never included him in my party, except on the Ravager mission of course.

Plus it had been a while since I played K1 and didn't even remember Canderous, really.

Also at one point in the game, there's a sound glitch with a line so that the "muffling" of the helmet was absent, and Mandalore's voice sounds exactly like Canderous in K1. I think it's somewhere on Onderon.

Not that Mandalore and Canderous's voices sound that different...but if they were exactly the same, one would guess immediately.

I don't know how I missed it. Never focused on Mandalore, I guess. I rarely even spoke to him and never included him in my party, except on the Ravager mission of course.
Don't forget your mission to Onderon too. ;)

Here are two videos I made that will be a dead giveaway!

Wow you guys are brutal. I barely remembered Canderous, since I only played K1 once and it was a long time ago. I didn't remember T3 either. Seeing how avid you guys seem to be about K1 and K2, I can understand how it doesn't make sense to you that someone wouldn't notice that Canderous was Mandalore, but I've only played K1 once and K2 once, and they were nearly a year apart.

I don't remember talking to Kreia about Mandalore; perhaps I did and just can't recall it. I need another playthrough. I borrowed the game on XBox from a friend and had to return it, but I did just buy the PC version last night. After some issues with Vista, I think I have it resolved so I might be able to play 30 minutes here and there on another playthrough.

I don't remember talking to Kreia about Mandalore; perhaps I did and just can't recall it. I need another playthrough. I borrowed the game on XBox from a friend and had to return it, but I did just buy the PC version last night. After some issues with Vista, I think I have it resolved so I might be able to play 30 minutes here and there on another playthrough.

Final dialog with Kreia. The really long one about the fate of the party members.

"And Canderous is a loyal beast no matter he is broken upon Revan's will."

And when she confronts him before the trip to Onderon, he defends himself with:

I was at Malachor V. And I remember how many Jedi died to stop us there. And no matter how many dead orbit that planet, the Mandalorians still live. Clan Ordo still lives.

And so on.

Archived