Home

Are you getting Grand Theft Auto in the 29th?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a "fan" of the GTA games ever since the original (lost interest after awhile). Not really that excited about IV, can't understand the insane amount of hype surrounding it... Just seems like same old.

Only thing I've found interesting so far is the Euphoria engine. Really want to see it in action.

Been a "fan" of the GTA games ever since the original (lost interest after awhile). Not really that excited about IV, can't understand the insane amount of hype surrounding it... Just seems like same old.

Yep, that's the major grind on the gears: Will it survive the hype or be killed by it?

i'm probably not going to get this game. it just seems to have too much emphasis on the hookers, strippers, and the like. and with a much more robust graphics engine this time around, i'm not sure i need to be playing a game like that.

now, if it comes out, and its not like that, then yes, i'll probably pick up a copy, but otherwise, its just a big turnoff for me.

I'm not getting this game. I don't have an X360 or a PS3, but that's not the reason. I played GTA3, and it was fun and cool to see what all the hype about its gameplay was about, but I never finished it and its morality issues kinda got to me after a while. I've played one, and I figure the new ones won't be too different. One was enough for me. Besides, I'd take elves or spaceships or modern gangsters any day. Now if there was a Star Wars: GTA Coruscant version, that would be different.

You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

Nice....

I do not enjoy games of the kind the GTA series is... So no I'm not getting it.

I can't believe you people are actually going to buy this horrifying murder simulator. This makes me want to be ill, I thought this forum had some integrity.

i'm probably not going to get this game. it just seems to have too much emphasis on the hookers, strippers, and the like. and with a much more robust graphics engine this time around, i'm not sure i need to be playing a game like that.

I am definately NOT getting this game. I have no desire to play a game that is like that.

Wow, I'm quite stunned actually. I'd expect to hear comments like that from Jack Thompson, Hillary Clinton and the like. But not from gamers.

The fact that you can kill people and have sex with prostitutes is irrelevant, to me the appeal of the game is that you can cruise around with your car at high speeds and listen to music. It's that awesome sense of freedom that you don't get from any other game. Isn't it pretty much every gamers dream to play a game where you can basically do whatever you want? :confused:

Wow, I'm quite stunned actually. I'd expect to hear comments like that from Jack Thompson, Hillary Clinton and the like. But not from gamers.

The fact that you can kill people and have sex with prostitutes is irrelevant, to me the appeal of the game is that you can cruise around with your car at high speeds and listen to music. It's that awesome sense of freedom that you don't get from any other game. Isn't it pretty much every gamers dream to play a game where you can basically do whatever you want? :confused:

Yes, and think of the stress-relieving effect it has! It's just a game, and you'd have to be pretty foolish and stupid to even attempt those things in real life. I myself would just rather prefer driving a car recklessly around the city, repeatedly bumping other non-police cars, or trying to land a car on the roof of a building. :)

Yes, and think of the stress-relieving effect it has! It's just a game, and you'd have to be pretty foolish and stupid to even attempt those things in real life. I myself would just rather prefer driving a car recklessly around the city, repeatedly bumping other non-police cars, or trying to land a car on the roof of a building. :)

Perfectly understandable and natural :xp:

Unlike Jack Thompson, Hillary Clinton and the like, I don’t see where Rev7 and Stingerhs are trying to force you not to play the game (sorry Corinthian, by your comment I cannot decide if that is the case with you or not). If they don’t want to play it because they do not like the content, then that is their personal choice, but when someone decides that they don’t like the content so no one should be allowed to play the game is when it become a censorship problem.

This isn’t my type of game so I believe I will pass on it, but I hope all of you enjoy your purchase.

GTA is a good game when you're male and 15, which is what I think the average IGN reviewer must be...

I enjoyed GTA III when it came out, but it never could keep me occupied for too long, it's fun for about 5 minutes and after that you feel like you need to play a good game.

I can't talk for the others, but mine comes from looking at the others GTA games: Fun to play for the first hours, repetitive from there.

That's what happened to me... liked it for a while...... but then it was done. No way I'll actually be spending any money on it.

Oh wait, I don't have a 360 or PS3 anyway, so it doesn't matter.

_EW_

I always enjoyed the GTA games.

The free roaming about, doing insane stunts, just going nutters for a good 20 mins is great.

Though the "story" lines where'nt that superb, I still liked the humor in them.

For me personally its the insane Talk radio that make laugh the hardest.

Saddly for nr IV I'll have to wait untill its releashed for PC.

On the other topics they don't bother me...

I always enjoyed the GTA games.

The free roaming about, doing insane stunts, just going nutters for a good 20 mins is great.

Though the "story" lines where'nt that superb, I still liked the humor in them.

For me personally its the insane Talk radio that make laugh the hardest.

Saddly for nr IV I'll have to wait untill its releashed for PC.

On the other topics they don't bother me...

ooo when is it out on P, Q? I neva heard of a PC release.

I'll wait for the PC version. I have the previous installments for PC and I doubt this one will remain console exclusive for more than a few months and I can wait that long, considering all the other games that have popped up and/or been announced to pop up soon.

Huh. I didn't know it was legal for 14 year olds to order a rated M game in Australia.

Even as Jebus already clarified the situation, let me infer that:

1- The rating system working there may be different.

2- I thought it wasn't forbidden for underages, only not recommended. The exception being AO rating.

3- There's always the smuggling.

4- Or your mum. :xp:

Archived