Home

Thinking of getting SWG

WraithPrince

Ive been thinking of getting SWG and getting it kinda cheap since i just bought a laptop, iv got some question refering to it and its expansions

1) Can i just buy jump to light speed and i can have 2 months of playing without needing to get a seperate card?

2) Which expansion is the most benificial to the experiance? ive been thinking JTLS

3) what proffesion is good for a begginer.

4) A good server thats not overly packed or not to empty.

1) Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it

2) a follow up to 1 I would recommend getting the complete online adventures as it has all the expansions.

3) It's probably best to answer this with a kind of overview of the professions. I personally enjoy smuggler. It isn't the easiest, but it can be the most enjoyable with snares and cone damage, but you get limited to pistols or melee. Medic is good, and the benefit is that you are pretty well indispensable in groups. Commando has a lot of damage, and from what I understand is the fastest to level. Bounty Hunter does a lot of damage. Officer has really cool Area Effect damage specials. Jedi can take a lot of damage. Spies can disappear(which makes them less acceptable in instances as they can end up resetting the instance)

4) Flurry. We aren't overly packed and not a ghost town.

As a follow-up to Tommycat's responses, let me add:

1 & 2) The digital download gets you the expacs and a month of playtime, plus some nice googaws (royal shuttle and a personal transport for land, for one character on your account) AND a month of free play for about twenty bucks.

3) You can only make two characters per server, as I understand it, so it seems like they've made all the professions pretty balanced. (Tommy -- going poof resets instances? Sounds like a bug to me, I'll be mindful of it on my spy.)

4) Depends also on what sort of server you like. Server List was helpful to me in determining that I wanted to start out in an RP environment rather than PVP one. And none of the servers seem to be either over-populated or brand new.

Archived