Home

GTA4 - Best Game Ever Made or Best Game Made Ever?

TiE23

I'm sorry I have almost nothing to show at the moment for early readers, but I'm off to go pick up my copy at midnight and I'd just like to say that at the rate things are going, GTA4 may very well be the highest rated videogame to ever be released, passing even Ocarina of Time, SM Galaxy, Metroid, The Orange Box, and Soul Calibur.

10/10 everywhere, the lowest score being 95% out of dozens of other 100%'s.

Ratings: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933037.asp?q=gta4

Wikipedia Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV

Reception: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV#Reception

I hope to see some of you on XBL tomorrow with this game, my name is Zerstorer23 as a reminder, I'll see you then.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i haven't really been following what's going on with this game. what makes it better and different from San Andreas other than bigger location and better graphics? i know san andreas brought a lot of customizing things like weight and haircut and stuff. how does this game expand on the whole thing?

i haven't really been following what's going on with this game. what makes it better and different from San Andreas other than bigger location and better graphics? i know san andreas brought a lot of customizing things like weight and haircut and stuff. how does this game expand on the whole thing?

Actually the location is smaller. I guess in San Andreas, there's a lot more area, but I guess in GTA IV, theres more life to the environment.

Also, I think there's no such thing as weight and haircuts in the game, from what I read. Those things were more tedious than fun, so they decided to cut it out.

I think I'm going to get this when I get a PS3 one day. The load times and graphics matter more than multiplayer, considering I don't have the money for live.

there is no customizing with GTA4... which is probably the only negative thing i've heard about it. instead they've concentrated on making a real cinematic storyline and making liberty city feel like a real living and breathing city.

Just popping the disc into the 360 as we speak. I have finals today as well. School blows.

I want to see some LFers on Live and playing GTAIV!

Ug, my only gripe at the moment is the inability to invert the Y-axis for the camera movement (unless I'm blind and not seeing the option).

Nevermind, I'm blind.

I fail to see what the attraction of the entire GTA franchise is. I got so bored playing GTA3 I gave up on the second island, what plot there was was just a poor attempt to string together some repetitive driving/shooting missions. I just don't believe this one will be any better (except the graphics).

That's the very reason why everyone seems to love GTA4. Everything I've heard says that the storyline draws you in like no other.

For example, I played quite a bit of San Andreas, but when it comes to the actual storyline I barely got into the second area because the most enjoyable part was just screwing around. Seriously, who played any of the GTA3 games for the story?

GTA4 is said to have truly realistic characters and have one of the most fluid and like-like environments in ANY game.

That, and it uses the Euphoria physics engine :D

there is no customizing with GTA4... which is probably the only negative thing i've heard about it. instead they've concentrated on making a real cinematic storyline and making liberty city feel like a real living and breathing city.

You can buy clothes, but yeah, that's pretty much where it ends. I don't think there are custom cars, or even hair cuts. Body building in San Andreas was bull, you'd always have zero-fat and 100 muscle after a few days at the and I didn't matter crap.

Anyway, Niko is cool. And the physics are awesome. It's all awesome.

My sister was watching me play today and she pointed out on the first date with Mitchelle...

she must be a cop. New house? Always asking questions about crime? Just moved in? New furniture? Yeah.

It's my sister's birthday, she's 15 and she's the only one to have finished San Andreas, so shes somewhat excited for it.

Wow, you haven't seen a single trailer, huh? Yeah, he's the main character and talks all the time.

No, I usually like to stay away from trailers.

And I understand that he talks, but I'm wondering if he speaks Serbian in the game.

Archived