Home

GTA4 - Best Game Ever Made or Best Game Made Ever?

TiE23

Well, after around 15 hours of single player gaming and probably 4 to 8 hours of multiplayer gaming, I can say that this is easily one of the best games that I've ever played, if not the best. I mean, I just had a mission with Playboy X and I had a firefight that was more exciting than firefights in Gears of War or GRAW. Story elements are awesome, graphics, technical and artistic, are awesome, characters are awesome, multiplayer is awesome, voice acting is awesome, plot twists are awesome (who knew that the main antagonist of the game was actually a pretty reasonable sounding guy for the first few hours).

And for a gauge, even with games like Rock Band and Skate and Assassin's Creed at my side, this game hasn't left my 360 since midnight April 29th, and it may stay that way for the next couple days. My brother and sister both love it, too. So it's great being able to tell each other about our experiences in the game.

If you had any interest in GTA or Saints Row, even if you eventually got frustrated by the missions and bored before finishing it, this will still catch you. I know it did for me.

Also, vigilante missions are actually fun this time around, just ask my brother how his time went...

FILE0005.jpg

:p

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QFT. Though, why would you want two PS3s? (Bundle+another PS3)

I must admit...I wasn't thinking. I meant the first time to write "MUST.BUY.MGS4BUNDLEANDGTA4ONTHESAMEDAY" at first, but I was too fried from excitement. Hah

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. If those camera controls while driving sucked any harder, my TV would have collapsed on itself. I mean, I get the idea - free aim. But they fail in pulling it off. The camera should stay behind the vehicle until you're aiming. Otherwise it makes missions where you have to follow someone ever MORE annoying than in previous GTAs.

ANYWAYS, I still have to try multiplayer. I wonder if its any less impressive than the game was hyped up to be?

Heh, the game is good for a few cheap giggles, as they all are. The Russian accents get old...quick. Although hitting people with ketchup bottles never seems to.

You don't appreciate it I guess. Anyway, wait until you get to Little Jacob and his accent. You'll be reaching for the subtitles option if you haven't already. : P

Oh, I almost forgot to mention. If those camera controls while driving sucked any harder, my TV would have collapsed on itself. I mean, I get the idea - free aim. But they fail in pulling it off. The camera should stay behind the vehicle until you're aiming. Otherwise it makes missions where you have to follow someone ever MORE annoying than in previous GTAs.

You mean how the camera drifts? We all just got used to that in the GTA games and Saints Row. If it's locked in the back it loses it's dynamic feeling.

You don't appreciate it I guess. Anyway, wait until you get to Little Jacob and his accent. You'll be reaching for the subtitles option if you haven't already. : P

Oh, I've been there. Its not that I can't understand the Russian accents, its that there are so many buggers around town with it. I was seriously starting to think that Liberty City had been lost to the damn Commies in the Cold War. And Little Jacob just made me want to punch a baby.

You mean how the camera drifts? We all just got used to that in the GTA games and Saints Row. If it's locked in the back it loses it's dynamic feeling.

It's so dumb, though. Dynamic or not, its annoying as hell. The button to change the camera into a cinematic view is fine; its a great idea actually. The fact that you constantly have to readjust the camera while steering while trying not to die by flying out of your windshield has got to be the worst f'in idea I've ever seen implemented into a game. And that includes Jar-Jar in the Episode 1 game.

\It's so dumb, though. Dynamic or not, its annoying as hell. The button to change the camera into a cinematic view is fine; its a great idea actually. The fact that you constantly have to readjust the camera while steering while trying not to die by flying out of your windshield has got to be the worst f'in idea I've ever seen implemented into a game. And that includes Jar-Jar in the Episode 1 game.
Oh, a tip I learned from Saints Row. If you want to reset the camera, just click the right stick down, so it'll jump around to rear-view mode and instantly get reset right behind you. It can help.

It's so dumb, though. Dynamic or not, its annoying as hell. The button to change the camera into a cinematic view is fine; its a great idea actually. The fact that you constantly have to readjust the camera while steering while trying not to die by flying out of your windshield has got to be the worst f'in idea I've ever seen implemented into a game. And that includes Jar-Jar in the Episode 1 game.

Yeah. As if the pursuits weren't difficult enough already.

Oh, a tip I learned from Saints Row. If you want to reset the camera, just click the right stick down, so it'll jump around to rear-view mode and instantly get reset right behind you. It can help.

It's of no use. The camere will slip back to the left after a short while.

Personally, I find myself with one finger always on the right thumbstick, I'm always adjusting the camera. Not always to adjust for a better view, but to help me see things.

And the click isn't useless, it helps when you're impatient. Helps especially when a camera that doesn't act the way you want it to can ruin an entire game.

I don't see what all the fuss over the camera is about.

It was a little awkward at first, but then I realized that it enhanced the cinematic feeling of the game while driving, and, in my opinion, it was easily overcome with just a bit of getting used to. And the right thumbstick was very useful on occasion, but I didn't have any issue moving the camera back to the original position.

I thought all the controls and camera movements felt very natural and intuitive.

I'm not saying that getting used to the camera isn't possible. It's just incredibly annoying at first...and especially when you're drunk.

And that click thing isn't always practical.

I play a lot of racing games and I'm split a lot of the time. There are some games that I really like 3rd person, and some games I like 1st person. The problem with 1st person GTA is that you can't see people who are trying to jack you, it's harder to run over people, and harder to shoot.

In DiRT I always use the bumper camera. Forza 2 I'm split. But in PGR4 I like 3rd person, though first is fun every once in a while.

i like the game, because i'm evil and like to just shoot people and start wars with the police... anywho, the only thing i don't like is that when you use cheat codes (because i'm a cheater) it blocks achievements on my 360

Well zoid. I guess its a good thing that the GTAs are really only good for what you enjoy in them. Personally, I just like shooting people without getting shot back. So I make a private free mode online game just so I can kill without consequence.

Thus far, my best massacre involved a chopper, a building, a late jump, and the subsequent crash and explosion...

...fun times.

I get the game today but have already played a lot of it because a friend left it at my house for a day.

and wow. I can honestly say there isnt a part of this game I dont enjoy. Ive actually spent a lot of time coming up with creative ways to kill myself (jumping out car door at around 100mph, bouncing off multiple cars and getting run over by a truck, etc)

The driving is amazing, and I love the way the car models take damage.

I spent a long time last night in freemode with a bunch of random guys at the airport. Spent a lot of time showing off mah choppa skills. Going really fast at low altitudes, hitting speeding cars off the tarmac with my copter (!) and doing really tight turns, with my rotors barely missing the ground.

I also did the bank robbery mission, and holy crap was that epic! And it more than tripled my bank account, too.

I also did the bank robbery mission, and holy crap was that epic! And it more than tripled my bank account, too.
Took me 5 tries in the first playthrough to get past that mission. Only needed 3 the second time :)

Anyone else find that the writing is far better than in any of the previous installments?

Archived