Home

GTA4 - Best Game Ever Made or Best Game Made Ever?

TiE23

Obviously I been pretty busy in Video game land with GTA4 and the token Midnight releases/major launches that follow. Sadly I only got to fart around with it for about an hour last night before I collapsed from absolute exhaustion due to GTA4 following another major launch for us...aka Mario Kart. What I do like about it so far though is the damn humor of it all. I spent about 20 mins or so just watching "Weezle Channel" in Niko's cousin's apt. and just cracking up at the crap on there. I still have to get used to the controls, but I never got into GTA before this year. I picked up the GTA trilogy on XBOX used, back in like Jan, but I didn't really mess with it much. Seriously though, whoever comes up with the humor in this game, should really be writing sitcoms or something...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, any word on when the White PS3 will be hitting US shores? I'd much rather prefer a white PS3 to go with my white 260, and white Wii, but I'll settle for a black PS3 if there won't be a white one anytime soon.

(I like to have the same colors for things. My last gen Xbox, gamecube, and PS2 were all black, so I thought it would be kinda cool again..)

Seriously though, whoever comes up with the humor in this game, should really be writing sitcoms or something...

That would probably be Lazlow as the most prominent one. I believe he's been scripting the minor characters and most radio stations since GTA III, so why not the rest of the humorous stuff? His sense of humor is so great, though. I love it. By the way, is he featured anywhere in the game?

I'll be waiting for either the time when GTA IV comes out on PC(Will warez buy it the moment I get the chance) or my brother gets PS3 and GTA IV, which will probably happen when hell freezes over. After watching the trailers for it, I am seriously hyped up. If I find out any of my friends has it, I'm bludgeoning him to death with a rusty pipe before stealing his hardware and the game. I want it for myself. My precciouusssss...

What? I'll do it. I swear! As soon as Jack Thompson's all-seeing eye turns to look the other way...

I'm seriously pissed off. Haven't received it yet. Tried to call Game but keep having to hold forever and still haven't spoken to anyone yet. Apparently they are experiencing high volumes of calls, so I'm not the only one. Knew I shoulda gone with Play, they have never let me down. I only went with Game for the free points.

*sulks*

I've had some interesting moments while playing.

An AI driver crashed into a wall (wasn't my fault), and when I walked up, the driver and passenger were out cold and hunched over the wheel/dash. Then when I jacked the van, the driver was unconscious on the pavement, and the passenger still out cold.

Guess that's Euphoria? Can't wait to see developers use it more.

she must be a cop. New house? Always asking questions about crime? Just moved in? New furniture? Yeah.

Spoiler depending on how much you've dated Michelle:

She just asked where to find coke for her "cousin's bachelor party." She's toally a cop. Good catch. Totally wouldn't have thought anything of her weird behavior til the coke question.

Why not?

You don't believe that a game, in all practical respects, can be "perfect"?

The only negative aspect I've heard about it so far is very minor bug issues, but I also heard they were nothing that distracted from the play of the game.

The only negative aspect I've heard about it so far is very minor bug issues, but I also heard they were nothing that distracted from the play of the game.

I haven't encountered any glitches or bugs. Texture pop in the only problem I've found with the game, and it's easily ignored. I think GTAIV is the best game that ever ran on my 360. No crashes, bugs, or glitches.

Republican Space Rangers!

Lol, I just heard a radio show talking about a "conservative liberal" talking about the internet as a series of tubes :D He said "...and a predator could stick his private parts into the other end of those tubes and right into your child's bedroom."

This game is awesome, SP and MP are awesome on so many levels. It's fun taking friends out to the bar or strip club and stuff. And I find it hilarious that Little Jacob is hotboxing in my stolen sedan, throwing beer cans out the window every couple of minutes.

Why not?

You don't believe that a game, in all practical respects, can be "perfect"?

Yeah, it can be perfect. But will a game ever be perfect? No.

Rented it. Played it. Probably buying it later.

Best GTA 'till today? A definite.

Fun and hilarious? Just as always.

Deserving of that annoying hype. Nope.

I heard GTA4 being called the greatest game and story since Ocarina of Time.

I think just putting those two in the same sentence is mind-boggling.

Come on now. Just sharp dialogs don't make a good story. Nowhere near as in OoT.

Well I still haven't played it yet so I'll reserve judgement, but does it have the awesome storyline and gameplay of Mass Effect? I doubt it very much, and that game was nowhere near as hyped and only got a couple 10's. I think the GTA series gets far too much praise for its free roaming environment. This is what people mainly praise it for.

Rented it. Played it. Probably buying it later.

Best GTA 'till today? A definite.

Fun and hilarious? Just as always.

Deserving of that annoying hype. Nope.

Did you try multiplayer with some friends? Explore the town? Create havoc? Go to the bar with your friends? Hmm? Well, there was always people who didn't like GTA, so I guess this wouldn't change anything.

Come on now. Just sharp dialogs don't make a good story. Nowhere near as in OoT.

Yeah... I don't remember OoT having that great of a story. And it didn't even have dialog.

Who's up for a Grand Theft Auto (360) hoedown this weekend? My semester is over, and I'm celebrating with a GTA marathon.

I'm game for Team/Deathmatch, maybe some racing, mafiya work, that crooks and cops gametype, and those co-op missions.

Well I still haven't played it yet so I'll reserve judgement, but does it have the awesome storyline and gameplay of Mass Effect? I doubt it very much, and that game was nowhere near as hyped and only got a couple 10's. I think the GTA series gets far too much praise for its free roaming environment. This is what people mainly praise it for.

I disagree. GTA was hyped as only Halo 3 was. Mass Effect (over)hype was big as well, but it didn't go much farther than the RPG public.

Did you try multiplayer with some friends? Explore the town? Create havoc? Go to the bar with your friends? Hmm? Well, there was always people who didn't like GTA, so I guess this wouldn't change anything.

Nah, I've done all of that except for the multiplayer. And I like GTA series, just thought it was a bit (too much) over-hyped.

Yeah... I don't remember OoT having that great of a story. And it didn't even have dialog.

I don't agree it's the best story ever, but certainly better than GTA as far as I've seen. And, as I said, dialogs don't make an story. :xp:

Republican Space Rangers!

LOL, I watched that show, really freaking funny! : D

"Make sure you get the children! They'll just turn into insurgents themselves!"

Who's up for a Grand Theft Auto (360) hoedown this weekend? My semester is over, and I'm celebrating with a GTA marathon.

I'm game for Team/Deathmatch, maybe some racing, mafiya work, that crooks and cops gametype, and those co-op missions.

Yes'm please. I've got two whole days to waste my life with this game.

I don't agree it's the best story ever, but certainly better than GTA as far as I've seen. And, as I said, dialogs don't make an story. :xp:

You kill Ganon and rescue the princess, great story. And as far as I know, the only people who know the entire story of GTA4 are the people who have played it to the end. So really, stop talking about stuff you don't have a PHD in.

Yes, they offer a doctorate in Grand Theft Auto studies at UC Berkley. >_>

And as far as I know, the only people who know the entire story of GTA4 are the people who have played it to the end. So really, stop talking about stuff you don't have a PHD in.

You're right. I hate when people do that myself. So, tell me, storywise, is it any better than on SA, for example? (That's because GTA 3 and VC didn't had any story)

Did you play it? I mean, spent a good 3 hours on it? But I agree, no game deserves a 10.

To be fair, no I haven't played it. But I've watched my friends play it. And not just random violence; they were doing the missions and what not. I fell asleep. To me, its just a prettied up version of the same game that I've played since GTA3.

Archived