Home

GTA4 - Best Game Ever Made or Best Game Made Ever?

TiE23

Guinness World Records broken by Grand Theft Auto IV:

- Biggest Entertainment Release of All-Time

- Highest Grossing Video Game in 24 Hours

- Highest Revenue Generated by an Entertainment Product in 24 Hours

Just to put this in perspective, here are the next highest earners in entertainment circles:

- Fastest-selling video game in 24 hours: Halo 3 (US$170m)

- Fastest-selling theatrical movie in 24 hours: Spider-Man 3 (US$60m)

- Fastest-selling book in 24 hours: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows (US$220m)

No wonder it cost $100 Million to make.

Source: http://geeksofdoom.com/2008/05/13/gta-iv-thieves-guinness-world-records/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Took me 5 tries in the first playthrough to get past that mission. Only needed 3 the second time :)

Anyone else find that the writing is far better than in any of the previous installments?

Lol, I've found that I can't remember ever dying in a mission, except once where you have the shoot-out at the theatre. Sure, I've had hospital visits just messing around, but I don't think that I've ever died against an enemy. The bank robbery and the coke-bag retrieval missions, I got on the first try.

Lol, I've found that I can't remember ever dying in a mission, except once where you have the shoot-out at the theatre. Sure, I've had hospital visits just messing around, but I don't think that I've ever died against an enemy. The bank robbery and the coke-bag retrieval missions, I got on the first try.
I didn't die on any of the bank robbery attempts, I just let Packie and his brother get too far away. Guess I'm stubborn when it comes to killing people that try to shoot at me.

The coke-bag retrieval on the other hand...:(

Two questions I wish answering:

1. Is Lazlow present on the radio stations or TV?

2. Is the driving in any way different from San Andreas? Has it improved or gone back to the GTAIII and Vice City driving? One review I've heard is that it's hard to drive cars because they're ship-like, or in other words sluggish :p

Two questions I wish answering:

1. Is Lazlow present on the radio stations or TV?

Yes.

2. Is the driving in any way different from San Andreas? Has it improved or gone back to the GTAIII and Vice City driving? One review I've heard is that it's hard to drive cars because they're ship-like, or in other words sluggish :p
Yes, it is different. The handling is much more realistic, which is a huge pain in the ass when compared to SA. The trick is to unlock Algonquin ASAP and then just steal a Turismo out of the showroom whenever you need a car :)

I was listening to my favorite Podcast, the Cheap Ass Gamer podcast , and they were complaining how the steering would reverse when looking back. Like how if you move the stick to the right the car goes to "screen left" when looking backwards. They were peeved by that, I was wondering if anyone else had this problem to? Maybe they just don't play racing games enough because I have no issue at all with the realistic "flipping".

Also, I've found that I drive with both thumbs on the thumbsticks. I'm always unconsciously adjusting the view almost all the time.

I have played the game now, but I already got bored of it after 2 hours. I don't like it to be in the city all the time, and you can't even fight or shoot without getting arrested. Too hard to escape, for me this is.

I don't know why, but I liked san andreas a lot more

Archived