Home

Hoth (no fools)

Rogue15

I am going to be very interested in hearing as to how they are going to fit this into the canon storyline...

Game mechanics aren't canonized, only major events, and to my knowledge Hoth was a Rebel base at this point in time.

Game mechanics aren't canonized, only major events, and to my knowledge Hoth was a Rebel base at this point in time.

But it also hadnt been located by the Empire. So its gonna be interesting to see how they work both factions into the instance.

The only thing i could think of is Imps form a scouting party trying to locate the rebels, and rebels trying to keep the location a secret. The only problem with that is, according to if it was real life, the dissapearance of the Imp scouts would alert them instantly to the rebels being on Hoth and would ruin the storyline purpose of the probe droid.

Now if SoE went way out there and decided that they were going to be magical and make it so your traveling forward in time to take part in the battle for Hoth, and Imps had the ability to pilot AT-AT's and rebels had the ability to pilot snowspeeders....that would be something kinda cool as well (but can we say battlefront remake!)

In the end, i hope that it puts a whole new line of content into the game. With Hoth you can add so much.

In the storyline Hoth isnt discovered yet, Imps have spies within the rebels ranks trying to locate them, and rebels have spies in the Imp rank trying to supply counterintelligence so maybe they could give the spy profession something to do that actually has to do with spying.

Rebel and freelance smugglers could have quests to try and smuggle supplies onto the planet. Imp smugglers could have quests to try and steal those supplies once they're on the planet.

Instance is ok, a planet is nice too. I would like to see kind of a mix between the two. If it requires a team to run it at all times, im going to flip a lid. If its similar to a GIGANTIC Ryatt trail (which is an instance), ill be satisfied. If its like Kashyyyk where you do have a planet surface, yet very limited surface, with instances darted around the planet that would be so much better.

Think about it! You see maybe less then 1% of the planets surface during the movie...who's to say that there isnt gigantic glacial caverns running across the planets surface that you could land in and then run through the caverns to different instances that hold who knows what underneath the planets ice layer...

We already know that Obi-Wan's force ghost visits the planet in the future, who's to say there isnt some force power there now? Maybe under the surface there's a frozen temple?

An instance with certain retrospects is a great idea, you could make it still fit into the storyline by saying your simply an adventurer trying to find out what mysteries the planet holds beneath its ice layer and then put different quests and events on the planet to make it interesting, and they could also add more content that is specialized per profession. But to make the rebel base or anything that doesnt fit into the storyline between episodes 4-5 would be incredibly stupid on SoE's part. I KNOW THE REBEL BASE IS ALREADY THERE...but to put it into the game storyline would kinda ruin the episode 5 storyline when dealing with factions, so why put it in? Thats why I think it'll be interesting to see how they work it out.

EDIT: Besides in Episode 5 they only say that no one is "supposed" to live there. Which means there could be stuff on the planet that simply hasnt been added into the Imperial records yet. There's a vast amount of stuff you could do, it doesnt have to be about Episode V

Archived