Home

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

PR-0927

I can't believe nobody posted about this. I had been waiting for this movie, especially because my middle name is Kumar and many people call me by that name.

Just kidding. Well, I'm not actually, but it's not why I couldn't wait for the movie. I enjoyed the first one so much, and even talked to Kal Penn in person:

"Hey Kal, did someone try to give you a juice box yesterday?"

- "Yeah, actually, they did, how did you...?"

"Haha, yeah, that was like my best friend. He called me right after he did it."

- "Oh, yeah, I still have them in my car, they're real nice and cold, I left them in overnight, and now they're cold - I'm gonna' drink 'em."

"Oh, haha, my friend thought you threw them away or something."

- "Oh, no - why, were they poisoned?"

"Haha, oh, no, they weren't."

- "Oh, O.K., why juice boxes?"

"Oh, he just wanted to do something that you'd remember, y'know?"

- "Oh, I see."

"Yep, alright, thanks, c'ya."

- "Bye."

Don't ask, he showed up at my college (OSU) for a Barack Obama tour about a month or two ago, and a few hours earlier that same day he was at a different college in my hometown in the same state (Kent State University), and one of my best friends (another Indian) spontaneously got the idea to give him juice boxes so he'd be remembered.

But anyways, I saw the movie twice, once Saturday, once Sunday night. It was equally funny both times, and I still cannot stop laughing at some of those jokes. I advise all fans of the first one to drop what they are doing and see this one immediately. It was MUCH more outrageous and "crude" than the first (my brother and sister definitely are NOT getting exposed to this one for several more years). The racial jokes were abundant and were hilarious, and had a way of drawing attention to the racial stereotype in attitude and ridicule it or examine why it exists.

My bad, I just took a humorous thing into an analysis - stupid English class.

What do you all think? I could see this movie again, and again.

- PR-0927

Archived