Home

TSL - Darth Revan total conversion

revan225

the title explains it. i would love to use tsl w/ a total conversion making it t'whare u wher revan from the start. keeping most of the story intact. basicly just redoing the dialog, and several other things. or somthing along the lines. i persionaly didnt like tsl because you didnt play as revan. i didnt find the real relavence to k1. i would make this myself, but i lack both the skills and the game. tho i intend to but tsl in several months... maby round october. but yeah. does any1 have the time/ skill to make such a mod?

This would be impossible, since you would need to change the entire TSL game.

Plus it defeats the purpose of TSL, since its not supposed to be about Revan.

thats the point of total conversions. and it would not be impossible. it would just take alot of work. i have read other posts on ideas about total conversions, and my idea isnt that different. if anything its easier, since you arent creating new areas, you are just redoing everything that exists alaready to fit the new criteria.

The other threads about total conversions are never going to happen, they're fun to talk about and discuss, but when it comes down to the business end, the chances of it happening are zilch. There aren't any Total Conversions in existence at the moment, and I only think that one is even on the horizon (Revenge of Revan, but I'm not sure that that's a total conversion).

But let's analyse the idea: Fine, you replace the Exile with Revan. Apart from the fact that that would make no sense, you go through the same areas that the Exile did. You're talking about pretty much a global re-dialog and probably remaking most of the quests aswell. The whole game just simply wouldn't make sense; the Jedi Masters, your party members, everything. Its not just "fixing some dialog", its a complete remake that would take years of solid work to finish.

And since you have no modding experience of your own, I would recommend starting off on modding before trying to tackle an impossibly huge concept.

...Yeah. What they said. Total conversion mods by request don't happen. Even total conversion mods that people make on a whim: those struggle. And the idea has to be a good one: if you want a game about Revan, play KotOR 1. KotOR 2 can't be KotOR 2 if you play as Revan, it's just inconceivable.

I know nitpicking ideas in a request thread is no good, but even from a feedback standpoint, this mod just doesn't work. It'd basically be making a new game. If you want a new game, don't ask us, because we can't do it.

il do it all on my own if i have to. itl take way longer but il get it done. so in the infomus words of eric cartman: "Screw you guys, im going home!" and wen i finish it... u will never get to use it. laterz...

Lighten up buddy. It's just a game, we're only people. Think of KotOR II as a pear:

lushiouspearwx0.gif

Sure it's delicious and fresh... but you want a fruit with seeds. You can't just give the pear seeds, that makes it not a pear. It defeats the whole point of the fruit to begin with. Do you see where this is going?

I can't make it any clearer than that.

Lighten up buddy. It's just a game, we're only people. Think of KotOR II as a pear:

lushiouspearwx0.gif

Sure it's delicious and fresh... but you want a fruit with seeds. You can't just give the pear seeds, that makes it not a pear. It defeats the whole point of the fruit to begin with. Do you see where this is going?

I can't make it any clearer than that.

u should have said that from the begenning....

Total Coversions are BIG mods! This should be more of a short addon to the start of the game. Such as...

Spoilers in this....

You start off as Revan and Malak fighting Mandalorians in the mandalorian wars. A few battles and a side quest and you visit the Dantoine Ruins. You find the star maps and go the the 4 planets. (Note: This will be quick. Takes 30 mins to go to all 4) You then visit the Star Forge and churn out the fleet. You command ships and fight a few battles with the republic and then you get boarded by the Jedi Strike team. After the battle a movie starts of Malak fireing on the bridge. You then wake up on the Endar Spire and the game is played as normal

~Snippedbyself~

Thread pruning done here. Anymore useless spammy confirmation posts about the above analogy by 90SK will be deleted they are off topic. -RH

Archived