Home

Help Identifying a Bug

Datheus

I suppose this is a testament to my nerd level, but I read about identifying a bug and immediately pounced on this thread in hopes of a thread about programming.

And was immediately disappointed :(

I ditto that.

Oh, and centipedes suck. We get some every once in a while in our basement. Those things smell HORRIBLE when killed (or bad in general).

I'd advise you to kill them quickly and not let them touch you. Millipedes are harmless, but full-grown centipedes (South American type) can paralyze a full-grown man for several hours (it happened to my 9th grade Advanced Biology teacher when he was visiting South America). I wouldn't want to find out what the small ones can do (still something mean, I'm sure), as they are carnivores.

- PR-0927

I wouldn't want to find out what the small ones can do (still something mean, I'm sure), as they are carnivores.

At least now I have an idea for the box-office horror movie that's going to rake in millions to fuel my obscenely avaricious desires of wanton debauchery: Century of the Centipede.

I suppose this is a testament to my nerd level, but I read about identifying a bug and immediately pounced on this thread in hopes of a thread about programming.

What he said, and the picture REALLY wasn't necessary, as the description freaked me out enough. Yes...Groovy, has acute arachnophobia, which can be both embarrassing and frustrating at the same time. No sleep for ME tonight...

aww :(

here you go...

1: private void Foo()

2: {

3: try

4: {

5: AuthenticationInfo authenticationInfo = GetAuthenticationInfo(Request.QueryString["t"]);

6: Authenticator authenticator = new Authenticator(new LoginProvider());

7: AuthenticationStatus authenticationStatus = authenticator.Authenticate(authenticationInfo);

8: if (authenticationStatus.Authenticated)

9: {

10: IUser user =

11: BLUser.Load(authenticationInfo.UserName, authenticationInfo.OrganizationCode, authenticationInfo.DomainId); 12: user.SetNewSessionId();

13: AuthenticationTokenParser authenticationTokenParser = new AuthenticationTokenParser();

14: string authenticationToken = authenticationTokenParser.Create(user.UserName, user.OrganizationId, user.DomainId);

15: FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(authenticationToken, true);

16: string redirectUrl = FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(authenticationToken, true);

17: if (redirectUrl == null || redirectUrl.Trim().Length == 0) 18: {

19: redirectUrl = "~/Home.aspx";

20: }

21: Response.Redirect(redirectUrl, true);

22: }

23: Response.Redirect("~/Home.aspx");

24: }

25: catch

26: {

27: Response.Redirect("~/Home.aspx");

28: }

29: }

Ah, yes, I too, Groovy, have arachnophobia. Except after lifting. Then I just have intense hatred of them and kill them violently without second thought.

And yes, that picture was scary and unnecessary.

Kill the beasts.

Oh, and I read that house centipedes like to produce offspring in the spring. It's spring, so I'd advise you to get rid of 'em ASAP - terminators can be useful.

- PR-0927

Research indicates that this kind of centipede does not have a bite that can break the skin. Largely harmless and will eat bugs and spiders.

I normally kill them since I find them in the bathroom and can easily clean the mess up, but this one was actually snuggling with mein girlfriend on the couch. She trapped it in a glass and left it sitting on the table.

Rather than chase it around the living room, I just tossed it outside.

Archived