Home

How to remove the "force bubbles"??

Romanov77

Hi people :)

Im a JO veteran who only recently picked up JA....the gamer looks fantastic (although a little heavier than the original.....for no reason)

however Ive 1 GREAT issue with it: (and 2 minor others)

1) Whenever I try to force pull/push, there's a ugly annoying force distortion effect (I call it force bubble :lol: )....how can I revert it back like it was in JO??

2) is my impression....or my initial saber is smaller than the one I wielded in JO??

Can I get a bigger one without cheating ??

3) Does diffierent hilt choice affect gameplay???

Its good to have the Force with me again!!

Not quite :xp: . While disabling cg_renderToTextureFX does the job, it will do more than that. In sp there's no other way I guess, but in mp you could alter the cgame and throw that [cite]superkewl "refraction" (well sort of) effect[/cite] out of cg_players.c (not that kewl really).

EDIT: Nah, just found out that the other things affected by cg_renderToTextureFX aren't really noticable, so just stick to Buffy's solution.

As for your other questions:

2) Well, for sp you could edit the sab files to increase the blade length of all sabers (yours and those of all npcs) at the same rate - I guess that wouldn't count as cheating.

For mp - no idea.

3) Not with the vanilla hilts. However, there are mods that provide a choice of sabers with special properties (but I'd say using those special sabers would count as cheating).

That, and the player spheres, and something about cloaking effects - though I don't really know what. And then there's some code about a "distortion trail effect for rockets" (which, however, doesn't seem to be used at all), and some definetely unused code about a "vehicle heat effect". Of course, that's about mp; as for sp, the effects could or could not be included - I haven't investigated further (save for the repeater orb, which is not working in sp; and the player spheres, of course).

The blobs......THEY ARE GONE!!! :D

Thank you guys!!!

Onem ore question:

Do you think that single saber is a viable choice? I like staff and dual...but I come from JO where I could use Strong style with devastating effects....

Archived